New Iroshizuku Inks!

Phthalo

Here they are... four of the five new Pilot Iroshizuku inks (I passed on the 'ku-jaku') :

http://www.ciar-roisin.net/photos/ink/Iroshizuku-03.jpg

The grays are really lovely, and syo-ro also! Very, very nice selection. :)

Edited by Phthalo

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phthalo

• Taki

• Michael R.

• youstruckgold

Wow, very nice. They really do seem all of a family. Or am I deceiving myself..?

Doug

Ooh, those are nice. I had decided that I wouldn't buy any new ink for a while, but my resolve is weakening!

Phthalo, thank you very much for these samples!

I purchased 3 of the new colors last week. I'm not sure when will receive them, because there's a note on Ujuku's site that the ink won't be available untill mid July.

Syu-ru looks a bit greener than expected, but I can't judge till I see it live.

Dimiter

Wow, the fuyu-syogun has a lot more blue in it than I anticipated. And the syo-ro is so... I can't think of any other word than mysterious, so let's call it that. Syo-ro and shin-ryoku are on the Absolutely Must Have list, that's for sure.

Fuyu-syogun does indeed have a lot more blue than in the images at Ujuku making it less similar to kiri-same than I expected. At first I thought the difference was too subtle to warrant buying both. Now I see that isn't true.

As though I need more ink :rolleyes:, now there are three Iroshizuku Inks I would buy: tsuki-yo, syo-ro, and fuyu-syogun. Wonder what shipping would cost for three bottles? On second thought, it might be better not to ask. ;)

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

Fuyu-syogun is a blue-gray - the best way to describe the two gray inks are simply as a warm gray and a cool gray.

Kiri-same is definitely quite warm (a brown-gray) and would be in the same family as Sailor Gray and Levenger Smokey, even PR Gray Flannel with its green-brown undertone - but Fuyu Syogun is not like any gray that I have, and looking at it last night the phrase "haze gray and underway" popped into my mind. :)

Edited by Phthalo

Laura / Phthalo

Thanks for the scan! My syo-ro looks exactly like the scan but my fuyu-syogun is a fair bit lighter on paper. It doesn't detract from the uniqueness of the ink but the swab in your scan looks better is all :)

In rotation:

Pelikan M400 with Pilot Iroshizuku Momiji

Nakaya Kuro-tame Desk Pen with Platinum Blue

Visconti Van Gogh Maxi with Aurora Black

Twitter: @souveran

But Winter General? I don't get it. Is it the color of a uniform?

Anyway, I look forward to their reds.

Renzhe

So... I'm trying to keep count. If there are five NEW colors, and there were already five OLD colors, then there are now ten colors of this ink? Is there a website where you can see all ten at once?

p.s. I use the word "OLD" tongue in cheek, as I know that all of these inks are less than a year old.

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

Thank you so much for posting. I still love the syo-ro. It's still my favorite. I need to order at least two bottles of it.

I can't wait for the next batch of new colors that are supposed to be in the red/orange family.

Yes, there are ten Iroshizuku "Color Drops" now. Last week when I checked the Pilot website, only the old ones were shown - but you may see all ten of the inks here.

Laura / Phthalo

Thanks for providing those color swatches, Laura. :) I think they do the best job of conveying the colors of these inks, because of the concentration variations (so you can see how they are from light to heavy on the paper).

These inks are simply fantastic. I've been enjoying my 3... and now I feel that I've got to get a few more.

One other thing that would be interesting to see, is a "close match" comparison to other inks. So, for those who don't quite have the budget for buying Iroshizuku inks, what equivalent colors can be found in domestically obtainable inks. I expect the Pilot inks will be superior in terms of longevity of color and resistance to moisture. I've been happy to see that "moist finger" smudges across writings made a few days ago hold up quite well.

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

A beautiful range of inks. Thanks for the swatches. :)

Tsuki-yo and Syo-ro are definitely on my list. Kiri-same is looking good too.

~ Manisha

"A traveller am I and a navigator, and everyday I discover a new region of my soul." ~ Kahlil Gibran