Pilot Pluminix

london

I have just ordered a couple of Pluminix from TWD (the writing desk) for £4.99 each; I've got a stockpile of international sized cartridges (Rotring and Herbin) to use up and I'm looking forward to a broader italic (0.9mm) than the 0.6mm Rotring Artpen that I've been using.

Sailor Professional Gear GT B Nib

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pelikan M1000 (black) B Nib

Bexley Simplicity bronze GT B nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sailor Kenshin

• Chthulhu

• london

• yoplaboum

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just ordered a couple of Pluminix from TWD (the writing desk) for £4.99 each; I've got a stockpile of international sized cartridges (Rotring and Herbin) to use up and I'm looking forward to a broader italic (0.9mm) than the 0.6mm Rotring Artpen that I've been using.

I thought they took only Pilot carts?

Anyway I'm enjoying mine, even if it does insist I use my right hand. ;p

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I thought they took only Pilot carts?

Anyway I'm enjoying mine, even if it does insist I use my right hand. ;p

It says on TWD that they take international cartridges so maybe it's a redesigned model or something? I'm already getting ready to crack open a cartridge of Herbin Orange Indien

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

I wonder if the European model is different? Mine says it takes Pilot carts and I got it not all that long ago at Target.

I picked one up today to experiment with an italic nib ($6 at Target). The package said it takes Pilot ink cartridge UIC50. I looked at Namiki's website and the UIC50 and UIC100 look like they're the same size. They come in different colors though. Can anyone confirm that they're the same size?

I picked one up today to experiment with an italic nib ($6 at Target). The package said it takes Pilot ink cartridge UIC50. I looked at Namiki's website and the UIC50 and UIC100 look like they're the same size. They come in different colors though. Can anyone confirm that they're the same size?

Were there pics? Which pen is each of those carts supposed to fit? I've got some refill carts for my Petit 1 pens and they seem quite different from the really, really huge cart that comes with the Plumix.

My new Pluminixes arrived yesterday and they take international standard (short) cartridges. Maybe it is a European model... They measure 12cm capped and 12.5cm posted. I like the squid like shape and the ergonomic barrel. Sturdy too. Not at all bad for £4.99 each.

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

Sounds like it's a slightly different pen than the version available here in the USA.

Were there pics? Which pen is each of those carts supposed to fit? I've got some refill carts for my Petit 1 pens and they seem quite different from the really, really huge cart that comes with the Plumix.

Yes. The pics are here. From the pics it looks like the carts are the same size, the difference seems to be the number of carts in the box (not to mention the colors available). I don't know what pens the UIC50 and the UIC100 are supposed to fit and that information doesn't appear to be on that page.

There seems to be some confusion between the Pilot Plumix and Pluminix pens, but from what I've seen in photos so far the only differences are that the Pluminix is simply shorter and apparently takes a short international standard cartridge. Plu-MINI-x?

I happened upon some Plumix pens (two blue, one purple) at a Target store in Vista, California, this afternoon and bought a blue one for $5.99USD. It's a pretty aqua blue and a full six inches in length; with the lobed grip area forcing me to hold it correctly and preventing it from rolling in my hand, it's extremely comfortable to write with. As others here have noted, the blue ink is somewhat pale and smells odd. It's a familiar odor, but I haven't identified what it reminds me of yet. The Pilot nib is marked <M> though the package says "fine." It came with one Pilot/Namiki IC50BLU cartridge and doesn't look as though it will accept any other cartridges. It doesn't write as smoothly as a Pilot Varsity I've had for several years (it still wirtes reliably without hesitation, though it's getting very low on ink!), but acceptably.

I stopped in later in the afternoon at another Target store in Escondido, California, and found a peg for the Plumix pens, but no pens, alas. I'll check back there in hopes of finding one of the charcoal-colored pens that are alleged to take both types of cartridge.

I was going to mention that the difference between the IC50 and IC100 cartridges was just the number of cartridges in the package (6 vs. 12), but I see that's already been covered. :-)

In any case, the styling of the pen appeals to me (I have a fascination with cephalopods), and is a definite keeper.

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

There seems to be some confusion between the Pilot Plumix and Pluminix pens, but from what I've seen in photos so far the only differences are that the Pluminix is simply shorter and apparently takes a short international standard cartridge. Plu-MINI-x?

I happened upon some Plumix pens (two blue, one purple) at a Target store in Vista, California, this afternoon and bought a blue one for $5.99USD. It's a pretty aqua blue and a full six inches in length; with the lobed grip area forcing me to hold it correctly and preventing it from rolling in my hand, it's extremely comfortable to write with. As others here have noted, the blue ink is somewhat pale and smells odd. It's a familiar odor, but I haven't identified what it reminds me of yet.

Band-aids. :P

Plu-MINI-x?! Dohhhh. Thanks!

*still want*

I don't know what pens the UIC50 and the UIC100 are supposed to fit and that information doesn't appear to be on that page.

If you click back up and visit the pages for each of the Namiki fountain pens, it appears these cartridges fit them all.

Mike Hungerford

I just wanted to say I've really been enjoying these pens :cloud9:

The nibs don't dry out because the cap makes an airtight seal.

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

Just got another one today (I've given a bunch away). The charcoal ones at the Target here are the same as the blue and purple. No small international cartridges. The nib is pretty much the same as my Pilot 78G, but I like using the Plumix better.

Deb

I don't know what pens the UIC50 and the UIC100 are supposed to fit and that information doesn't appear to be on that page.

If you click back up and visit the pages for each of the Namiki fountain pens, it appears these cartridges fit them all.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I stopped in at my local Target (Escondido, California) this afternoon and they had *finally* restocked the Plumix pens. All three colors were on the hook, all with the same proprietary cartridge of blue ink on the card and nothing in the barrels, and all marked "fine" on the card. I picked up a purple and a charcoal pen to complete my set. <G>

Recently I've checked all the nearby Office Depot and Staples stores, none of which is carrying *any* fountain pens other than Mont Blanc and similarly-priced models. Their entire walls-o-pens seems to have been thinned out dramatically, with a smaller selection and mostly multi-pack cards. Pretty soon we may only be able to buy on-line ... :-/

Mike Hungerford

Hah! Here's the whole European line of Pilot non-luxury fountain pens, showing both the Plumix and the Pluminix:

Pilot Europe - Fountain Pens

The innerwebs is your friend!

Now, where can I buy the PluMINIx? (green, turq, WANT!)