Parker Gel Refills

Thought I would buy a few and try them. Don't use a ballpoint unless a FP is just not usable (carbonless etc). The gel refills are terible. I bought a second one from a different source but just the same. They skip and blot - just rubbish.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frank_ie

• inkypete

• Pippin60

• jimhughes

I bought some from temecula pens on ebay, and they have not had that problem. I use one in my Parker 45 BP, and I had one in a pen where I used to work. When i got laid off there, I didn't take the time to unscrew all the pens to see which one, as it was not worth the trouble, but none of the pens I used at work had the problem either. I can provide the link if you like (not affiliated, just a happy repeat customer).

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

I use and prefer Visconti gel refills. They are Parker refill formated and very compatable.

The Danitrio Fellowship

They're not worth the money imho...had several...the never worked for long...i know someone who had similar problems.

Edited by GeeTee

Hi,

I find they tend to work OK, just don't hold as much 'ink' as the normal ones so run out more quickly. I have in the past bought in bulk from reputable dealers on ebay, so per refill cost works out less than buying from a shop.

Andy

I use and prefer Visconti gel refills. They are Parker refill formated and very compatable.

Thanks for the tip - I'll try them. Just disappointed with the Parker Gel - I struggle to get a clean line from them.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Irecently bought two Schmidt refills from Pendamonium for my father's old T-Ball Jotter.I have had it since he passed in 1977. Haven't used it much because I don't like ballpoints. The Parker brand refill worked well but was a medium and I prefer a fine point. The Schmidt fills the bill and I now use the old girl on a daily basis.

Pat Barnes a.k.a. billz

Bought a pair of Parker Gel refills, fine point, in black for use in the office. I felt they were definitely superior to most ballpoints and gels that I tried in the past. Bought another two for use later. I will have to see if I can find a Visconti refill. Thanks, always looking for a new way to the East.

Yours,

Randal

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

Although I prefer fp's the gel refills from Parker are great (in my experience anyway). :happyberet:

Thought I would buy a few and try them. Don't use a ballpoint unless a FP is just not usable (carbonless etc). The gel refills are terible. I bought a second one from a different source but just the same. They skip and blot - just rubbish.

Given that several folks, in several places, have complained about leaky refills and/or their drying out prematurely, why not simply select from among the alternatives: Schmidt, Schneider, Monteverde, Itoya, Visconti - it's not like you don't have choices - of manufacturers, point sizes and colors.

Just for grins, next time you are in your local Staples, pick up a pack

of their "Clix" (sp?) Gel ball pens. Down here, about $5.50 for five pens.

They are refillable and come loaded with Parker compatable Gel refills.

I think the Viscontis are a tad smoother but the "Clix" may be a tad

broader and hey, they ARE only aobut $1.10 or so each...

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Irecently bought two Schmidt refills from Pendamonium for my father's old T-Ball Jotter.I have had it since he passed in 1977. Haven't used it much because I don't like ballpoints. The Parker brand refill worked well but was a medium and I prefer a fine point. The Schmidt fills the bill and I now use the old girl on a daily basis.

my vote goes to Schmidt capless RB refills (Parker Style) :thumbup:

I bought the "Foray brand" (Office Max) refills. They are Parker style, and very good. I have replaced all of my ball point refills with them (even old jotters).

Also, the Pilot gel pen (multi-packs roughly $1 each) refills are schmidt style (capped RB), and much cheaper.

Still looking for a Mont Blanc (screw-in) type RB refill that won't make you buy a new pen instead! :)

Edited by Frankiex

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

hi, i'd like to tell you some of my experience of this kind of refill, the first time i came to know parker gel refill is 2004, i bought one, it is a 0.5mm(fine refill) black gel ink, however, like you, i find this refill performs so bad, skip and blot, just rubbish, i return it to the shop and changed it for a ballpoint refill, one year later, my friend present my a parker sonnet ballpen, the refill is a gel ink refill, but it is a medium, 0.7mm, this time, i find it is really really a nice refill, i like it very much.

i also have tried a blue find gel ink, but just like the first black fine refill, it is a rubbish.

so my suggestion is, try medium gel ink refill, do not buy the fine gel ink, hope this helps.

Yes, they're terrible: the medium size is like a B; they ozze that sticky thing by the plastic cap, and they skip.

I use the inoxcrom gel version: no sticky stuff, leaking, and the medium is a medium. They're 1/3 the price too.

Juan

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get along with the fine blue gel refills. They skipped badly and I gave them away to someone that I didn't like! To be honest I started to wonder if they were cheap Chinese rip-offs.

I got some purple ones from electronicBay and they have been great. Due to the formulation of the ink they will not last as long as BP refills.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a bit old, but: I just tried them for the first time today- so far, so good. I don't have much experience with gel pens- before I started using FPs I had used rollerballs for quite a while- but the gel pens I had used were right between liquid ink rollerball and ballpoint pens in how they felt like when they wrote. The Parker gel refills I just got feel a lot more like a rollerball- inkier, flow-ier, etc. Though, they do try fast, but slower than my EF Uniball rollerballs. That said, gels are used up super quick, so I don't think it'll become a habit- just wanted to try one out.

Just my experience!

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

I like Parker gell refills. I buy parker bPs so that I can use these refills. On the papers I typically use, it writes very smoothly, and skip-free. Unlike various RBs I've tried (Montblanc, Pelikan, Parker and Waterman), the Parker gel is the only refill I've used that doesn't bleed through my Exacompta journal.

Regards,

Ray

I very rarely use a ball point but the only time I do is with Parker gel refills. They fit my Pelikan 800 perfectly and have always worked well for me.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!