British Ink Sample Exchange

So albeit I'm certainly newish to actually being active on this forum (as opposed to just reading) if you've got any inks you'd like to sample, or colours etc then asking for it and with any luck someone will reply and look to post you a small sample. Or vice versa if someone posts here asking and you've an ink you're happy to share a sample of then you can post it over to them.

I received just the other day my 10 vials from ebay (as previously linked - http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c3b6560c5) and they're perfect for exactly this, if you've not already got something which you'd be able to send as a sampler then these'll do the job nicely.

I've very kindly received a few ink samples already from a user on the forums after my previous post and I'm in the midst of trying them out :)

Go-to-pen: Custom74/Twsbi 580

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DanielCoffey

• Beechwood

• Fanatyk

• mercurius

Guys

Probably the wrong forum post to put it in, but thought it was the best shot. Apologies if not

I am thinning out my ink collection. I just sent a batch of 10 samples each, to 3 people from the list, that are left over from the UK ink Sample group. Happy to do that as it only cost me a 2nd class large stamp.

But when it comes to bottles of ink its a bit more costly in terms of postage.

I have a few bottles of ink, that i really don't use, and will be very unlikely to use.

Wondering if anyone would like a bit of a trade,

I have:

Noodlers Black 3oz (Maybe 5-8ml used)

Parker Quink Blue/Black57ml (5ml used)

30ml Diamine (most have a few ml out them)

Coral

Twilight (almost untouched, I meant to buy Midnight)

Burnt Sienna

Violet

J Herbin - Vert Reseda (never Used)

I know these inks are not too expensive, with the Noodlers being the most costly (£12 i think), so not expecting a bottle of Iroshizuku for a 30ml Diamine :)

The inks on my purchase list are: MB Irish Green and Toffee Brown, R&K Alt Bordeaux, Diamine Deep Dark Blue/Red/Green, but open to offers.

Again, sorry if its the wrong place to post it.

If anyone is interested, PM me

Ren

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Guys

I am thinning out my ink collection. I just sent a batch of 10 samples each, to 3 people from the list, that are left over from the UK ink Sample group. Happy to do that as it only cost me a 2nd class large stamp.

Ren

My package was waiting for me when I got home from work last night. Some nice looking things in there to play with! Thanks again.

Nev

Pens: LAMY Safari Medium Nib with Delta Blue in converter, Bright Yellow LAMY Safari Fine Nib with R&K Helianthus in converter and a Baoer 051 with Deep Dark Purple in, you guessed it, a converter...

After all you guys have done to help me I'm more than happy to help out anyone who fancies a swapsie swapsie or even just a try. My list is:

I'd love to help out.
Let me know if you'd like to try out a couple of these and I'll send a few millilitres over to you.
AKKERMAN 1
No 10
CARAN d’ACHE 2
Magnetic Blue
Saffron
DIAMINE 8
Ancient Copper
Blue Black
Teal
Grey
Syrah
Emerald
Deep Dark Brown
Salamander - thanks migo984 !
ESSRI 1
J HERBIN 4
Lie de The
Poussire de Lune
Cacao de Brazil
Griz Neuage
MONT BLANC 2
Midnight Blue
Midnight Blue - Paris
MONTEVERDE 1
Blue Black
NOODLER’S 4
Kiowa Pecan
Zhivago
Black
54th Massachusetts
ORGANICS 2
Red Rubber Ball
Blue Merle
PARKER 4
Mocha - cartridges (Eternal thanks to Shaughn)
Black
Blue
Blue Black
PELIKAN 3
Blue Black
Black
Tanzanite
PILOT 1
Blue Black
R&K 6
Scabiosa
Alt Goldrun
Alt Bordeaux - thanks notimetoulouse !
Sepia
Leipziger Schwarz
Salix
SAILOR 4
Black
Blue Black
Epinard
Museum Blue #46
SHEAFFER 2
Blue.
Blue Black
VISCONTI 1
Blue

• 2 months later...

Hi there, is anyone still interested in exchanging inks? I'd love to try random colours of any kind :)

I have:

Akkerman -

Shocking Blue (apparently the same as Diamine Majestic Blue)

Bezuiengroen (apparently the same as Diamine Ultra Green)

Pulchri Pink (apparently the same as Diamine Hope Pink)

Chinatown Red

Diamine -

Teal

Sunshine Yellow

Ochre

Pelikan Edelstein -

Mandarin

De Atramentis -

Cedar

Field Flowers

Apple Blossom

Lily of the Valley

Parker Quink -

Black

(On order)

Noodler's -

Blue Ghost

Bulletproof Black

Montblanc -

Irish Green

Herbin cartridges -

Lie de The

Poussiere de Lune

Perle Noire

If anyone wants to swap inks let me know which you're interested in and I'll get some of the vials that Kyburo mentioned in his post and send a few ml or a cartridge out to you :)

Edited by Floreat

UK-based pen fan. I love beautiful ink bottles, sealing wax, scented inks, and sending mail art. Also, thanks to a wonderful custom-ground nib by forum member Bardiir, I'm currently attempting calligraphy after years of not being able to do so due to having an odd pen-grip :D

• 1 month later...

Figured I might as well contribute - I just relocated so I'm really short on inks, but I can contribute:

Noodler's Black

Noodler's 54th Massachusetts

Diamine Ancient Copper

Diamine Sargasso Sea

Looking for anything with good sheen.

Vintage Wet Noodles and flexible nib pens of all kinds!

Click to view current stock on FPN, or visit:

http://bit.ly/wetnoodlepens

• 1 month later...

Hey folks,

have got a few empty vials and some full-ish bottles so for those in the UK wanting to try a couple of new inks then feel free to PM me if there's one you havent had yet and fancy 3-4 ml for free...

Diamine: Umber Green, Red Dragon, Asa Blue, Sargasso Sea (Blue), Rustic Brown, Golden Brown, Imperial Purple, Orange

Lamy: Blue Black

Noodlers: X-Feather (Black), Bad Blue Heron

Sheaffer: Skrip Red

J. Herbin: Violette Pensee

Thx and Happy Christmas :-)

Sean

Favourite Owned Pen - Lamy Studio, Brushed Steel with either a 1.1mm italic or Black F nib

Favourite Inks - Diamine Imperial Purple, Diamine Sargasso Sea, Noodlers Bad Blue Heron, Sheaffer Skrip Red

"Planned" (!) Purchases - TWSBI Diamond 580 AL, Waterman Expert Deluxe Blue, Esterbrook J, Sheaffer Prelude, Pilot Capless / Vanishing Point, Pilot Falcon

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm very interested in exchanging ink samples (from 2.5ml up to 30ml!) with other enthusiasts in the British Isles. Postal rates from the UK to the Channel Islands are the same as domestic UK rates.

What I can offer:

Diamine

Beau Blue

Majestic Purple

Matador

Tyrian Purple

ESS

Registrar's Ink

Pelikan 4001

Blue-Black (one of those "grey" versions)

Brilliant Green

Sailor Jentle

Blue-Black

Miruai (dark green)

Waterman

Black (Intense)

Blue (Florida)

Brown (Absolute)

Edited by BayesianPrior

bayesianprior.png

• 2 months later...

I have 300ml of Caran D' Ache Caribeean sea and 100 ml of Parker Tourquoise to part with either donation or to exchange for any darker colours

Taken

Edited by Beechwood

• 1 year later...

Yes! But I'm out of sample vials at the moment due to sharing a little too much.

Diamine Macassar Diamine Matador Diamine Raw Sienna Diamine Salamander Diamine Teal Diamine Tyrian Purple Herbin Lie de The Herbin Vert Empire Pelikan 4001 Black Pelikan 4001 Green Sailor Blue Sailor Blue-Black Sailor Doyou Sailor Kiwa-Guro Sailor Miruai Sailor Rikyu-Cha Sailor Sei-Boku Sheaffer Skrip Red Visconti Blue Waterman Black Waterman Blue

bayesianprior.png

• 3 weeks later...

Yes! But I'm out of sample vials at the moment due to sharing a little too much.

Diamine Macassar Diamine Matador Diamine Raw Sienna Diamine Salamander Diamine Teal Diamine Tyrian Purple Herbin Lie de The Herbin Vert Empire Pelikan 4001 Black Pelikan 4001 Green Sailor Blue Sailor Blue-Black Sailor Doyou Sailor Kiwa-Guro Sailor Miruai Sailor Rikyu-Cha Sailor Sei-Boku Sheaffer Skrip Red Visconti Blue Waterman Black Waterman Blue

If you're interested in Diamine Jet Black, Ancient Copper, Lilac Satin, Blue Flame or Diamine/Cult Deep Dark Green I'll happily do a swap for any of your Diamines - I've picked up six vials so it would have to be three and three empties until I get some more vials.

• 1 year later...

I have far too many inks to list what I have, but I would love to try samples of Montblanc Swan Illusion Plume and (Sailor) SankoDo Tsumurai Blue if anyone has either or both available to swap. :)

I want to join in exchanging too - I haven't got any vials yet but I can list all the colours I have when I get home (mostly MB ones).

I also want to try the Swan Illusion.

'Someone shoot me please.'

~the delectable Louisa Durrell~

Im happy to jump in on this too.

I have the following inks:

SBRE Brown

Akkerman Blue

MB Mystery Black

MB Oyster Grey

MB Corn Poppy Red

MB Toffee Brown

• 2 years later...

Is anyone interested in resurrecting this, now that a lot of people have finally been able to register?

I’ve got a load of inks but I don’t want to spend ages typing them up for no reason (something I’ve always avoided to stop myself from acknowledging that I already have more than a lifetime of ink......)

On 1/1/2021 at 8:34 AM, Roboverse said:

Is anyone interested in resurrecting this, now that a lot of people have finally been able to register?

I’ve got a load of inks but I don’t want to spend ages typing them up for no reason (something I’ve always avoided to stop myself from acknowledging that I already have more than a lifetime of ink......)

I might be interested. I wouldn't even mind just exchanging mystery samples. Or is the idea that we send each other a bottle we don't want and receive what we want? I do have some bottles I wanna get rid of too (Noodler's Navajo Turquoise & Black Swan in Australian Roses, Diamine Golden Brown & Meadow)

9 hours ago, steve50 said:

I might be interested. I wouldn't even mind just exchanging mystery samples. Or is the idea that we send each other a bottle we don't want and receive what we want? I do have some bottles I wanna get rid of too (Noodler's Navajo Turquoise & Black Swan in Australian Roses, Diamine Golden Brown & Meadow)

Those four are all on my want-list.... If you're interested in selling/trading/otherwise disposing of them, drop me a pm.

17 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

Those four are all on my want-list.... If you're interested in selling/trading/otherwise disposing of them, drop me a pm.

I'd be happy to trade them in.