• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DanielCoffey

• Beechwood

• Fanatyk

• mercurius

so i gather,it was the details i was asking

ie. do you send a full bottle?

We trade ink in 5ml vials. You can buy them from Ebay or from fpninkvials at g-mail dot com (see the first post of the global ink exchange thread). I could send you some empty vials if you want to trade with me. You might also want a blunt syringe to make filling them easier.

As well as my previously posted ink list, I'll also trade Hero 329 pens (tested to write properly) for ink.

• 8 months later...

I'm just starting out, so my collection so far is tiny, but I'll share what I have.

[c] Denotes short international cartridge.

Diamine:

Imperial Purple

Imperial Blue (Formerly WES) [c]

Jet Black [c]

Oxblood coming soon.

I have some Diamine Emerald and Turquoise.

I think I am currently using a cartridge (from a mixed selection from Diamine) which is Umber. Its a great colour.

In fact due to an error whilst ordering I ended up with 3 bottles of Turquoise, so if anyone wants to swop a bottle of something interesting for a bottle of Turquoise then I would be happy to do so.

can you tell me how this works please?

Somebody has a British ink and they will trade it for another British ink

so i gather,it was the details i was asking

ie. do you send a full bottle?

Haha, how foolish of me. ;)

trpofapprobal.png

I've got 1 each nearly full Noodler's Zhivago and Rohrer & Klingner Verdigris I would like to trade. I desperately need a waterproof black that does not bleed through or feather. Brand not important.

Would also like J. Herbin The de Lie.

Am in London and can trade in person if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I edit my post? I now have a bottle of Oxblood and would like to add future acquisitions without clogging up the thread.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't got any vials yet, but I'd like to join.

Inks I've got:

Bottled ink:

J. Herbin

Gris Nuage

Vert Olive

Eclat de Saphir

Lie de The

Diamine

Majestic Blue

Cartridges:

Waterman (long)

Black

Blue-Black

Florida Blue

South Seas Blue

Havana Brown

J. Herbin

Vert Sauvage

Lie de The

Bleu Nuit

Diamine

Monaco Red

Private Reserve

Ebony Green

Daphne Blue

Sonic Blue

Visconti

Blue

Sepia

I'd like to any any blues, browns, blacks, purples, grays or greens.

• 1 month later...

Hi... I am fascinated by the concept of a sample exchange, but I'm a little unclear as to how it works in practice. Is it a simple case of posting here the inks that one has and the someone contacts you via P.M. offering what they have? Trawling through all the posts does seem a little unwieldy.... Or is there some sort of database available?

On a practical level I am assuming that one buys some of the (hopefully leak-proof) 5ml containers from ebay and from then it's a case of a private exchange via the Royal Mail?

I have alsways used cartridges and only recently acquired a couple of pens suitable for proper filling and my only ink is Hobbycraft's sepia. I found the colour too dark so have lightened it slightly by adding just a little distilled water - I wouldn't like to offer that one up in exchange unless someone has really unusual taste - but will be buying some inks soon. I rather like the look of the Diamine range - my tastes run to brighter shades so when I get the inks and some vials I will post again.

Rob

Hi Rob.

How it works is people post a list of the inks they're offering. You contact them via PM to ask for a sample, and they send you it in the post, usually in a 5ml vial.

You don't need to pay postage or offer a sample in return.

Seeing as how I'm posting anyway here's an updated list:

Diamine

Imperial Purple

Oxblood

Imperial Blue [c]

Jet Black [c]

Noodler's

Baystate Blue

Bulletproof Black

Private Reserve

Electric DC Blue

• 3 months later...

hi guys.,,...

i'm not sure this is the right place...but i have a brand fire new bottle of Mont Blanc Burgundy Red.

It doesn't agree with me at all and I'm actually quite dissappointed but that's best left for an ink review...

My point is..it's here..I only inked one pen with it so it's as new..so if somebody fancies a swap then please feel free to email me...

On the plus side I am quite enjoying using Pelikan Edelstein Topaz so it's not all bad :)

cheers.

Buzz "The Buzzard" Beurling

Mk1 Parker Duofold Centennial in Blue Marble + GT, Medium arrow nib + broad italic aces nib.Owned since new.Parker Victory Black + GT, wet medium.Conway Stewart #388 Stub.

Mabie Todd Blackbird,semi Flex Nib.Aurora optima green auroloid Stub.Visconti voyger emerald green Broad. Waterman 92 Fine flex

www.hmshood.com The Official website of the late great HMS Hood

Hello everyone :)

Is this ink sample exchange still running?

I would like to try Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black and Blue-Black, cartridge or ink yet I only have Sheaffer Blue to offer. :(

Anybody that wants to swap for my Mont Blanc Burgundy Red..

Also may swap my Pelikan Edelstein Topaz..used for 2 fill ups and a few times dipping so 97% full.

I'm interested in trying the following Iroshizuku Ink :

Tsuyu-Kusa - Asiatic Dayflower

Ku-Jaku - Peacock

Syo-Ro - Dew on Pine Tree

and

Yama-Budo - Crimson Glory Vine

also Sailor Inks

Ultramarine

Grenade

and Apricot

and Platinum Mix Free - SP

:)

Buzz

Edited by beurling

Mk1 Parker Duofold Centennial in Blue Marble + GT, Medium arrow nib + broad italic aces nib.Owned since new.Parker Victory Black + GT, wet medium.Conway Stewart #388 Stub.

Mabie Todd Blackbird,semi Flex Nib.Aurora optima green auroloid Stub.Visconti voyger emerald green Broad. Waterman 92 Fine flex

www.hmshood.com The Official website of the late great HMS Hood

• 3 months later...

Having been sent a tiny taster of Penman Sapphire, I am now desperate to get a more substantial stock! If anyone would care to supply me with 10 ml of the Sapphire I have 10 ml of the following to offer in exchange:

Iroshi KuJaku or Syo Ro

PR Midnight Blues or Avacado

CdA Storm

Penman Mocha

Noodler's Midway Blue or Walnut

Edelstien Topaz

PM if interested

Cheers

T

• 2 weeks later...

Updated list:

Diamine

Imperial Purple

Oxblood

Imperial Blue [c]

Jet Black [c]

Teal - One part-used sample only, approx 4.5ml.

Noodler's

Baystate Blue - getting low

Bulletproof Black

• 4 weeks later...

I have the following DIAMINE ink samples available to offer. I do not require any colours in exchange. I have a stock of sample vials.

As at this date, all the samples are BRAND NEW and have all been reviewed in the Ink Reviews forum with accurate scans.

Please be advised that Diamine Registrar's Ink is a modern FP-friendly IRON GALL ink which requires thorough cleaning before and after.

SHIP TO : WORLDWIDE

http://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/fountainpennetwork/InkExchange.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have the following for exchange:

DIAMINE

Amaranth

Ancient Copper

Archival Registrar's Ink

Bilberry

Blaze Orange

Coral

Damson

Flamingo Pink

Havasu Turquoise

Hope Pink

Imperial Purple

Jade Green

Pink

Rustic Brown

Syrah

SHEAFFER

Green

J. HERBIN

Violette Penseé

PARKER QUINK

Blue

P.S. Am interested in trying Noodler's, Waterman, Pelikan inks and any Diamine, J. Herbin, Sheaffer inks I don't already have.

Edited by RainbowDreamer

• 3 months later...

Hi all. I'll be getting in on this soon. I'd just like to ask: how much is the approx postage for a 5ml vial? Also, where can I obtain vials from?

PS: I'm interested in:

Diamine Grape

PR Electric DC Blue

Anything Noodlers (especially golden brown).

Edited by daTomoT

Please check out my blog, datbookreviews, for all Fiction and Fantasy book reviews!

Now with Increasing Fountain Pen Related Posts!

Pelikan M200, Hero 608, Parker IM, Serwex 162, Manuscript Calligraphy Pen, Lamy Vista, Guanleming 956, Mabie Todd 200/60, Noodler's Konrad. Grail Pen: Yard-O-Led Viceroy Victorian.