• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• omasfan

• PAKMAN

• JeanManuel

• jbn10161

Thank you! That's one of the best reviews I've ever seen! Now I need to get some Diamine inks...

:)

Kind regards,

Karl

Wow thanks for posting that link! It helped me pick out my next Diamine ink!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Thank you for the link. I've fallen in love with Diamine and Rohrer and Klingner inks so this is perfect. :)

Thanks for this link. This is really a nice resource.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional and illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

A nice resource - I have always loved the reviews and comprehensive information that Glenn Marcus has provided yet. What is striking to me is that the Diamine Jet Black looks so dark on his scans, and that he classifies the ink as a real true rich black. I have seen some other pieces of this ink which although performing well, is a bit too light to be a real dark black. I've also read a review with the same experiences here on FPN which has prevented me from buying this ink. The other thing that has caught my attention in this review was that Glenn Marcus praises the good flow of Quartz Black. Although Quartz Black seems to be darker than Jet Black, there are rumours that this ink just doesn't flow. The colour sample on the Writing Desk shows a black with a washed-out apperance - but on the cards of Glenn, they look so fine! Perhaps I have to get an Omas Paragon, too ... :(

I agree with the assessment he makes of the 5 Diamine inks I have, so I reckon his work is to be relied upon.

Shame he skimps a bit on the turquoise end of the spectrum - I get the feel he doesn't much like the very light blues and so doesn't put so much effort in.

Regards

Richard.

Wow a wealth of information! Thank you for the link!

Lamy AL-star - 1.1 (Omas Violet)

Nakaya Celluloid Mottishaw F Flex (PR Arabian Rose)

Omas Bologna - M (Noodler's Golden Brown)

Pelikan M620 Grand Place - Binder XF/XXF Flex (Noodler's Navajo Turquoise)

Stipula 22 - 0.9 (Waterman Florida Blue)

Waterman Patrician - M (Waterman Florida Blue)

This will be my new go-to review if I want to try any other Diamine colors than my current ones.

Does anybody know if Glenn is a member of FPN? If not, I am sure he would be an asset to this site as he knows a lot about pens and - I take it - inks.

This thread has been linked, not in this forum--which is for our own reviews here on FPN, but in the pinned topic "Noteworthy Ink Topics" in the Inky Thoughts Forum. This was done because members replying in this thread liked the info.

I happened to read these reviews shortly before this thread was posted. The first ink I looked for the review on was Mediterranean Blue. The review consisted of "good solid blue." This didn't tell me much.

What I found at this site I'd call INK COLOR DESCRIPTIONS. An overview of the characteristics of Diamine FP inks was given, but not much in the way of characteristics as they applied or didn't apply to individual colors. For some colors a photo is supplied.

Best, Ann

• 2 years later...

i found this thread when i googled THANKS

i just ordered 4 different iks to try [the 30ml bottles] and they say they send some cartridges to try for free as well.

the revue was helpful because i found the choice just to many, my head was swimming.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I'm relatively new to fountain pens and have been using a Waterman Expert (Fine) with Waterman Green ink filled from a converter. It is really easy and clean to do, with no fuss. I use a lot of ink so refill regularly.

I have just bought some Diamine ink (majestic purple) and filled with that for the first time tonight. I got in a right mess! The ink didn't drip down the nib, it just coated it and when I tried to wipe it off with tissue it all just soaked into the tissue and made a mess. I like the nib of my pen to look clean, and it seemed a real chore to get it all off. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a technique I don't know about? I refilled my Sheaffer prelude with new Jet Black ink and had the same issue.

Thanks for any assistance

Dave

Edited by Dave_C

• 1 year later...

Adhesion and cohesion. The principle that calls the ink out of your pen is the same that lets it stick on your nib.

If you want a good ink, it will stick well on metal.

You can make the upper side of your nib hydrophobic (a very light coating : silicone-based, camelia oil, paraffine... I'd go for the camelia because it will stay shiny). You can always try to ask your jeweler if there are some wax-based (e.g. carnauba) polishes for jewelry to stay shiny.

Talk is good. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and he/she will polish your jewels.

Always rinse your pen before changing ink. To avoid chemical reactions.

Hi

I'm relatively new to fountain pens and have been using a Waterman Expert (Fine) with Waterman Green ink filled from a converter. It is really easy and clean to do, with no fuss. I use a lot of ink so refill regularly.

I have just bought some Diamine ink (majestic purple) and filled with that for the first time tonight. I got in a right mess! The ink didn't drip down the nib, it just coated it and when I tried to wipe it off with tissue it all just soaked into the tissue and made a mess. I like the nib of my pen to look clean, and it seemed a real chore to get it all off. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a technique I don't know about? I refilled my Sheaffer prelude with new Jet Black ink and had the same issue.

Thanks for any assistance

Dave

Everything is impermanent.

I got diamine oxblood and it's magnificent. I am very satisfied of the color depth.

Generous ink flow. Good contrast. Excellent work.

Everything is impermanent.

I love the large sample of Diamine chocolate brown and have purchased an 80ml bottle of it (at least I think it was 80ml that I ordered).

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the new Diamine "Ancient Copper"? Also, does anyone know where I can purchase Diamine ink in Canada? It is so easy in the USA - sigh. I bought Diamine Amaranth last time I was there and it is lovely, especially in a very "pretty" pen.

Thanks as always,

Gracie