Danitrio Mikado

asexton

Ahhh, yes Chiba Sensei is well known and I have his book (I think co-authored by one of his student). I think that's the same Chiba sensei. Just don't keep throwing the shuriken behind a tree like a coward. LOL.... Oh, wait a minute, are you a male nija or female ninja.... I mean your avatar shows that you are a female ninja... but, hey, now a day, you just never know. :roflmho:

Kevin

AH! This is Mr. Chiba! I didn't realize... whoa. Jeez, he took my mom, my brother, and me to Disneyland when we were... I was a teenager, maybe 14. (From San Francisco, for the day.) Gave me the ten-speed bike I rode across the Golden Gate Bridge innumerable times (I named the bike Bichael, cos I'm all word-clevery like that). Never took Kendo lessons from him, though. Seems I missed an opportunity. WHO KNEW?!

Ninja is ninja, Kevin. I'm a little surprised I have to explain that to you.

(Ninja laugh.)

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• winedoc

• ethernautrix

• asexton

• Rapt

Edit: What would Gautama say?

Don't you mean "WWGD"?

My ojii-chan (actually my mother's step-father, since her father died when she was 5), who died several years ago, who was the village's Buddhist priest, told my mother that I was his favorite grandchild, and while I was extremely honored, I wondered, "Wait, he has favorites?!"

etherX in To Miasto

My ojii-chan (actually my mother's step-father, since her father died when she was 5), who died several years ago, who was the village's Buddhist priest, told my mother that I was his favorite grandchild, and while I was extremely honored, I wondered, "Wait, he has favorites?!"

:D

What Would Grandpa Do?

... WWGD ..... :thumbup:

RAPT

Pens:Sailor Mini, Pelikan Grand Place, Stipula Ventidue with Ti Stub nib, Pelikan M605 with Binder Cursive Italic, Stipula Ventidue with Ti M nib, Vintage Pilot Semi-flex, Lamy Vista, Pilot Prera

For Sale:

Saving for: Edison Pearl

In my dreams: Nakaya Piccolo, custom colour/pattern

In transit:

:D

What Would Grandpa Do?

... WWGD ..... :thumbup:

Ojii-chan would...

pray.

What'd you think?

etherX in To Miasto

. . . . . . . . . Meditate

Edited by Rapt

RAPT

Pens:Sailor Mini, Pelikan Grand Place, Stipula Ventidue with Ti Stub nib, Pelikan M605 with Binder Cursive Italic, Stipula Ventidue with Ti M nib, Vintage Pilot Semi-flex, Lamy Vista, Pilot Prera

For Sale:

In transit:

Ahhh, yes Chiba Sensei is well known and I have his book (I think co-authored by one of his student). I think that's the same Chiba sensei. Just don't keep throwing the shuriken behind a tree like a coward. LOL.... Oh, wait a minute, are you a male nija or female ninja.... I mean your avatar shows that you are a female ninja... but, hey, now a day, you just never know. :roflmho:

Kevin

AH! This is Mr. Chiba! I didn't realize... whoa. Jeez, he took my mom, my brother, and me to Disneyland when we were... I was a teenager, maybe 14. (From San Francisco, for the day.) Gave me the ten-speed bike I rode across the Golden Gate Bridge innumerable times (I named the bike Bichael, cos I'm all word-clevery like that). Never took Kendo lessons from him, though. Seems I missed an opportunity. WHO KNEW?!

Ninja is ninja, Kevin. I'm a little surprised I have to explain that to you.

(Ninja laugh.)

Oh, common and you call yourself a ninja?... BTW, is that Iga or Koga :roflmho:

Since Master Kevin has to explain... errrh, let's just say that there are techniques that female ninja would use and not male ones.

:ltcapd: (Kendoshi laugh).

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Oh, common and you call yourself a ninja?... BTW, is that Iga or Koga :roflmho:

I don't understand this, Mr. Bamboozling With Words!

I didn't call myself a ninja; I just didn't (ahem) clarify.

Anyway, I'm more effective with dagger than wiles. My wiles not so wily.

By the way, the other gorgeous pen you showed, the one your wife isn't jealous of? It is STUNNING. So beautiful.

Goes away to covet in private.

etherX in To Miasto

To get back on topic (sorry to squelch the ninja conversation), do any of you all have the Danitrio Mikado with a stub nib? Is the nib a good writer, and how wide is the line? Also, since I first started this topic, I discovered the Genkai. Do any of you all have the Genkai Tamenuri? What is the approximate price difference between the Genkai and Mikado?

Thanks,

-Cody

Acme The Simpsons Rollerballs

Chatterly Pens Romulus - Stub

Classic Pens LM1 - Flame Red - Stub

Krone Boulder - Thunderbird - B

Levenger True Writer - Gold Obsidian - F

Namiki/Pilot VP - Yellow - M

Omas Paragon - Arco old style

Pelikan M250 - Demonstrator - M

Stipula Etruria - Cracked Ice Gaudi - 1.1 Italic

Visconti Divine Proportion - Silver trim - M

Visconti Opera Club - Typhoon Blue - M

Visconti Ripple - Blue Silver - M

Grail pen:

Dragon Studios - Jules

To get back on topic (sorry to squelch the ninja conversation), do any of you all have the Danitrio Mikado with a stub nib? Is the nib a good writer, and how wide is the line? Also, since I first started this topic, I discovered the Genkai. Do any of you all have the Genkai Tamenuri? What is the approximate price difference between the Genkai and Mikado?

Thanks,

-Cody

Hi Cody,

I should apologize for hijacking your thread, and yes, let's back on topics, since the nijan threat has diminished :ltcapd:

Seriously, most folks who bought Mikado from me usually have the soft fine or soft medium, so you should stick with nibs you are comfortable. I like stub, but found it not suitable for my day job. The line is about 1mm without pressure.

As for Genkai Tamenuri and Mikado Tamenuri prices.... Genkai retails for $1100 while the Mikado retails for $950. Genkai means "The limit" in Japanese. It also comes with a larger, nicer lacquer box. To some this is important, for most, it is not. Here is are some pics of the Genkai Tamenuri:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Urushi/tn_DSC07159.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Urushi/tn_DSC07168.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Urushi/tn_DSC07169.jpg

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Darn you Kevin!!!

That box and pen are a stunning combination. I would have said the box didn't matter, until I saw those photos.

:-( The prices just keep getting farther and farther out of reach...

RAPT

For Sale:

In transit:

Thanks,

-Cody

Hi Cody,

I should apologize for hijacking your thread, and yes, let's back on topics, since the nijan threat has diminished :ltcapd:

Seriously, most folks who bought Mikado from me usually have the soft fine or soft medium, so you should stick with nibs you are comfortable. I like stub, but found it not suitable for my day job. The line is about 1mm without pressure.

As for Genkai Tamenuri and Mikado Tamenuri prices.... Genkai retails for $1100 while the Mikado retails for $950. Genkai means "The limit" in Japanese. It also comes with a larger, nicer lacquer box. To some this is important, for most, it is not. Here is are some pics of the Genkai Tamenuri:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Urushi/tn_DSC07159.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Urushi/tn_DSC07168.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Urushi/tn_DSC07169.jpg

Kevin

That box says "Mikado" on it. Do both the Genkai and Mikado have the same box?

Acme The Simpsons Rollerballs

Chatterly Pens Romulus - Stub

Classic Pens LM1 - Flame Red - Stub

Krone Boulder - Thunderbird - B

Levenger True Writer - Gold Obsidian - F

Namiki/Pilot VP - Yellow - M

Omas Paragon - Arco old style

Pelikan M250 - Demonstrator - M

Stipula Etruria - Cracked Ice Gaudi - 1.1 Italic

Visconti Divine Proportion - Silver trim - M

Visconti Opera Club - Typhoon Blue - M

Visconti Ripple - Blue Silver - M

Grail pen:

Dragon Studios - Jules

Beautiful photos, Kevin! I love the Tamenuri (I have the Hanryo and the Octagon). I want to paint my entire house with the Tamenuri "wine" colour! :)

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

Beautiful photos, Kevin! I love the Tamenuri (I have the Hanryo and the Octagon). I want to paint my entire house with the Tamenuri "wine" colour! :)

LOL, just make sure you paint inside of the house, not outside.. UV ray not a friend of urushi :-)

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Kevin, does the Genkai have the same size nib as the Mikado, or is it larger?

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

Kevin, does the Genkai have the same size nib as the Mikado, or is it larger?

Same size, but since the barrel is more straight compare to Mikado (rounder), it is actually not out of proportion.

Best,

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

• 3 weeks later...
I was actually hoping for the day-dreaming, esoteric responses. I think the matter of the clip reaches into the heart of a fountain pen user.

The esoteric response: buy a clip without pen or even better ...... no clip, no pen, that's really 'zen'...... clapless hands .......

Edited by Wolf