Danitrio Mikado

asexton

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sale%20Stuff/DSC09170.jpg

Kevin

So, Kevin? Where do you live and when aren't you home...? No reason.

LOL. Base on your location, I am north of you.

Kev

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• winedoc

• ethernautrix

• asexton

• Rapt

Guest Rincewind

Clipless - it's definitely a Zen thing...

I am waiting for a Mikado to arrive, to complement my Nakaya 'long cigar' pen. It also is clipless (see photo below).

It seems to me the essence of these pens is in their simplicity. Dare I say it's "The sound of one hand clapping"...

- Stuart

(formerly TheTimeTraveller)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Grey_Wanderer/pensales/NakayaGold_800.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Grey_Wanderer/pensales/Nakaya1_800.jpg

Edited by Rincewind

Using Pilot Myu 701, jots down "north of...", Okay.

If there's a blue Shiva...

I'LL COME AFTER IT!

Edit: "Blue Shiva" being Vishnu, of course.

(Of course!)

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

It seems to me the essence of these pens is in their simplicity. Dare I say it's "The sound of one hand clapping"...

- Stuart

(formerly TheTimeTraveller)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Grey_Wanderer/pensales/NakayaGold_800.jpg

Gee, Stuart, seems you coulda said it was inscrutable.

I kid! It's a beautiful pen, and my teeth, they gnash with envy!

But the good kind of envy, the happy-for-you kind of envy. Seriously. "The sound of both hands clapping, also a cheerful 'Yay!'"

etherX in To Miasto

I'LL COME AFTER IT!

(Of course!)

No Shiva... but would Buddha do?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/AP%20Pens/BD1.jpg

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Uh-oh... It's just as well it's the zen thing to let that pass by (maybe not if I had won the lottery...!)...

Buddha preserve me from temptation :ninja:

- Stuart

I'LL COME AFTER IT!

(Of course!)

Kevin

Edited by Rincewind

Rincewind

"Luck is my middle name. Mind you, my first name is Bad."

--Rincewind, "Interesting Times"

IANAN packs an extra Ninja outfit for his forthcoming San Fran jaunt...

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

I think those pens work well both with and without clips, although I'd love to see a brushed silver clip... maybe even a matte black clip (would go well with a black urushi style).

Kevin, those Buddha pens are fabulous! Wow, the intricacies... can you post an enlargement at some point? Maybe of the rider on the barrel part. I can see it's detailed, but ... to get a closer glimpse would be captivating. :D Is there a specific regional influence of the Buddhist theme here, or is it general? (I'm guessing there are regional interpretations of style regarding scenes from the story of Buddha).

~Gary

Edited by MYU

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Kevin, if Danitrio decides to make any more of those pen rests, please let us know. I'll buy a couple!

By the way, I would call them necessities, not accessories....

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

No clip... No question....

Nice photos too BTW.

The workmanship is stunning on the decorated pens, but is way too much for me.

RAPT

Pens:Sailor Mini, Pelikan Grand Place, Stipula Ventidue with Ti Stub nib, Pelikan M605 with Binder Cursive Italic, Stipula Ventidue with Ti M nib, Vintage Pilot Semi-flex, Lamy Vista, Pilot Prera

For Sale:

Saving for: Edison Pearl

In my dreams: Nakaya Piccolo, custom colour/pattern

In transit:

Kevin

Ah... you think to taunt me, Kevin-san? I am descended from a long line of Buddhist priests, so I can easily withstand the temptation!

On the other hand... I also come from whiskey-runners and scofflaws... so you'd better lock those up. I feel my balance is wavering....

No, you don't have to lock them up. If you lock them up, then that's just another obstacle... ha ha ha!

Edit: What would Gautama say?

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

I'll have my Kendo outfit ready! :roflmho:

One of my mother's best friends was a Kendo expert, his name was Chiba (of course, I knew him as Mr. Chiba). I think he had a school in Japan, and he taught for a while in Fresno, CA.

Hmm... a Ninja v. Kendo smackdown. I'd probably pay to see that.

Ha ha ha!

etherX in To Miasto

You are not going to want to post this pen due to the size. If you have the Zen awareness to never let the cap roll off the desk, go clipless. I have the Densho with a clip, and it is beautiful. My next will be clipless. This is a win-win decision for you. Ramble ramble ramble, Peace,

Don't get caught

One of my mother's best friends was a Kendo expert, his name was Chiba (of course, I knew him as Mr. Chiba). I think he had a school in Japan, and he taught for a while in Fresno, CA.

Ha ha ha!

Who else do you think the extra Ninja outfit is for?

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

Ha ha ha!

Ahhh, yes Chiba Sensei is well known and I have his book (I think co-authored by one of his student). I think that's the same Chiba sensei. Just don't keep throwing the shuriken behind a tree like a coward. LOL.... Oh, wait a minute, are you a male nija or female ninja.... I mean your avatar shows that you are a female ninja... but, hey, now a day, you just never know. :roflmho:

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

I think those pens work well both with and without clips, although I'd love to see a brushed silver clip... maybe even a matte black clip (would go well with a black urushi style).

Kevin, those Buddha pens are fabulous! Wow, the intricacies... can you post an enlargement at some point? Maybe of the rider on the barrel part. I can see it's detailed, but ... to get a closer glimpse would be captivating. :D Is there a specific regional influence of the Buddhist theme here, or is it general? (I'm guessing there are regional interpretations of style regarding scenes from the story of Buddha).

~Gary

Hi Gary,

Here are some photos for you, but these are done by professionals. I'll try to take some of my own later.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/AP%20Pens/BD8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/AP%20Pens/BD6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/AP%20Pens/BD5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/AP%20Pens/BD10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/AP%20Pens/BD9.jpg

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Kevin, if Danitrio decides to make any more of those pen rests, please let us know. I'll buy a couple!

By the way, I would call them necessities, not accessories....

How many do you need. I have some here I saved up for rainy days knowing they are not going to make more, so I can part with few of these.

I agree, they are necessities especially for big pens and clipless pens.

Best,

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Ah... you think to taunt me, Kevin-san? I am descended from a long line of Buddhist priests, so I can easily withstand the temptation!

On the other hand... I also come from whiskey-runners and scofflaws... so you'd better lock those up. I feel my balance is wavering....

No, you don't have to lock them up. If you lock them up, then that's just another obstacle... ha ha ha!

Edit: What would Gautama say?

Don't you mean "WWGD"?

RAPT

Pens:Sailor Mini, Pelikan Grand Place, Stipula Ventidue with Ti Stub nib, Pelikan M605 with Binder Cursive Italic, Stipula Ventidue with Ti M nib, Vintage Pilot Semi-flex, Lamy Vista, Pilot Prera

For Sale:

Saving for: Edison Pearl

In my dreams: Nakaya Piccolo, custom colour/pattern

In transit:

Ha ha ha!

Who else do you think the extra Ninja outfit is for?

D'oh!

(I thought it was in case the one you were wearing got dirty....)

We are so walking away with Kevin's pens... Ha ha ha!

etherX in To Miasto