Paper & Pen Paraphernalia Reviews and Articles

No disrespect intended, and I'm not complaining, but have wandered for a long time, so here it is ... Wouldn't be more convenient to simply have one and not both. Couldn't one be consolidated into the other? I've read the intent for both, but I never know which to post to, or from which to search, etc, etc. I don't know, it just seems like a level of granularity that's not needed. Just thought I'd ask.

d.

CFTPM

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phthalo

• dapv

• kadymae

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the forum arrangement appears slightly redundant in some regards due to the low volume of traffic. If the two forums were high-traffic like "Writing Instruments" and "Fountain Pen Reviews" it would be immediately clear as to why there was a general discussion forum and a review forum.

To clarify:

If you have a product review, product brief / press release or article (your own or a link to one) concerning paper, stationery, pen storage, writings accessories and related office supplies - please post in the "Paper & Pen Paraphernalia Reviews and Articles" (P&PPRA) forum.

I think of P&PPRA as a reference / resource area. Someone might post a review that gets 2 replies - but 500 people will read it and benefit from the information that FPN member has taken the time to prepare and post for us.

If you want to ask questions, discuss, show off something cool, or alert members to a sale of paper, stationery, pen storage, writings accessories and related office supplies - please post in the "Paper & Pen Paraphernalia" (P&PP) forum.

E.g.: If I post: "I bought some great 32lb drawing paper today that works beautifully with fountain pens, check it out at XYZ store." - this is not a product review, product brief or article, so I'd post in the P&PP forum. If I write a detailed review of the XYZ paper purchase, I'd put it in the P&PPRA forum.

I have been meaning to create a "Review Index" for the Paper & Pen Paraphernalia Reviews and Articles forum, which might make it more useful, and also post a review guide. I'll get to this soon.

Suggestions and improvement ideas are welcomed. :)

Edited by Phthalo

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

I have been meaning to create a "Review Index" for the Paper & Pen Paraphernalia Reviews and Articles forum, which might make it more useful, and also post a review guide. I'll get to this soon.

:cloud9:

I don't have a lot of spare time, but PM me and I'll see what I can do to help you find actual reviews of paper/notebooks.

Katherine Keller

Culture Vultures Editrix

Sequential Tart

(A webzine by women who love comics and pop culture.)

Well, I've explained it as best I can. I was only chosen to moderate these two forums - the Admin Team created and named them.

I suggest your send your queries about the two Paper & Pen Paraphernalia forums to the Admin Team for a more in-depth response.

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection