Pilot Decimo Color

lingyuki

Help me choose which Decimo color!  

128 members have voted

1. 1. White or Gold or Blue?

• White
    • Gold
    • Blue

A while ago, I had asked the for your opinions on what "Celebration Pen" to get. I checked out a link to the ujuku shop and I really like the look of the decimos. Unfortunately, due to the price, I can only get one...so I need help deciding on the color.

My opinions on the colors:

White - it's such a pretty color! I've never seen such a shimmery white pen. I really like it. Only thing is, this pen is going with me to college. And I'm a klutz at times. So I'm afraid if I get a white pen, it'll get scratched up and discolored.

Gold - a shiny color that doesn't look too gaudy! I like bright colors but not solid gold color (like the trim on the Vanishing Point.) It doesn't seem to manly either.

Blue - My school/college to be's color! Very pretty. I like blue a lot too. But does it seem to "manly"? (I'm a girl...gender necessary for my college choice :D)

Your input please!

Edited by lingyuki

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lingyuki

• Deirdre

• kamakura-pens

• Sharkle

You seem to have ruled out the champagne pink version; while not particularly manly, it is a toned-down, subtle shade appropriate for the gender-conscious with regard to color (I myself am not). I thought this color looked best with the chrome trim and this is the Decimo I have now. I'm very, very happy with this pen. The finish seems very durable to me, and I doubt white would suffer any more scratches or discoloration than any other color. No matter which color you choose, you won't regret buying this pen in all likelihood. Good luck, also with your studies. :thumbup:

Go directly to the marketplace!

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

I'm a gal and have the blue mica Decimo. It's quite a deep color but I like that it shimmers in the light. I love mine and I'm actually considering the white Decimo as my next purchase. I don't think you should worry about the finish chipping as it seems very durable to me. Pick whichever version you are drawn to and I'm sure it will serve you well. :)

~ Manisha

"A traveller am I and a navigator, and everyday I discover a new region of my soul." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Why is blue a "manly" color?

(Notes that she is wearing all blue today.)

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Why is blue a "manly" color?

(Notes that she is wearing all blue today.)

Eh...it's just my personal opinion. I tend to associate "cool" colors with masculinity and "warm" colors with femininity for some reason.

IANAN notes that he is wearing Champagne Pink with a killer Philip Treacy hat, matching bag and Jimmy Choo shoes.

Refrains from further comment.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

A friend has the white one, which looks fantastic. He doesn't take particular care of it and he hasn't managed to damage it yet. The finish looks pretty tough and durable to me.

A friend has the white one, which looks fantastic. He doesn't take particular care of it and he hasn't managed to damage it yet. The finish looks pretty tough and durable to me.

Good to know! Then...white it is! WoohOOO! Ujuku Pen Shop just got another order!!!

Eh...it's just my personal opinion. I tend to associate "cool" colors with masculinity and "warm" colors with femininity for some reason.

As someone who wears only cool colors (purple is a cool color, after all), that kind of leaves me in an odd boat, doesn't it?

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

IANAN notes that he is wearing Champagne Pink with a killer Philip Treacy hat, matching bag and Jimmy Choo shoes.

Refrains from further comment.

You're just taunting us.

Not that that's a bad thing.

(Oh noez, this has become a "What are you wearing?" thread.)

deirdre.net

As someone who wears only cool colors (purple is a cool color, after all), that kind of leaves me in an odd boat, doesn't it?

I like blue, purple, green on my clothes. When I was in high school I needed a new dress for Christmas and the new year. I wanted to get a very nice navy blue velvet one, but my mom insisted on the bright red one in the same design because she thought it looked more feminine. I wore it only a couple times. It would have been my favorite if it were the blue one :mellow:

Now, as for pens, I don't mind warm colors. I have pink decimo. It actually leans toward beige in person. I think white would be very nice, too ;)

I like bright colors in almost any hue; I don't care for earth tones. Why do I have so many amber Stipulas? It's a disease.

Back to the Decimo, I think any of the colors mentioned can be feminine.

deirdre.net

I have the White... looks gorgeous. :)

For me, the Gold ran a close second, followed by the Gray.

I have to use matching or complimentary colored inks in all my pens... the White Decimo gives me some freedom - one day it can be Stipula Moss Green, the next it can be R&K Magenta!

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

The white, at least in the photos I've seen, looks lovely, almost pearly. Looking forward to hearing how you like it! I also have the champagne pink version and love it.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

I have to use matching or complimentary colored inks in all my pens... the White Decimo gives me some freedom - one day it can be Stipula Moss Green, the next it can be R&K Magenta!

Moss-green ink in the white Decimo sounds soooo nice. Phthalo, you are dangerous! :roflmho:

Given the choices in the poll, I chose blue. I have the Decimo in blue, grey, and pink, as well as the Sesenta in tortoise. Enjoy your new Decimo!

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

Hi! Thank you all so much for your input~ I ended up getting a White Decimo...finally had a chance to pick it up after a trip. It's gorgeous.

But now I'm kinda wishing I got the blue...can anyone offer tips to remove an ink stain? I tried out a PearTreePens sample of Baystate Blue...and it got on the white Decimo. Just a small smidgen...but bothersome to look at...especially on such a new pen.