Taccia Staccato

patrickrhone

Finally made a visit to a pen store here in the Twin Cities called Ink. Three words... Completely Blown Away! Proprietor Barry Rubin has created, what has to be, one of the most amazing pen shopping experiences I have ever had. If you live in the Mpls/St. Paul area, make an appointment as soon as possible (visits are by appointment only). You will not be disappointed

The big purchase I made while there today was a Taccia Staccato in Lunar Blue

post-10168-1204600579_thumb.jpg

Words simply can't explain what a big beautiful pen this is. This is not a pen for small hands. The thing is a full 7.25 inches when posted. If you want a big showy pen, this just may be your ticket.

The nib is extremely smooth. It is German made and if you are familiar with the smoothness of a Lamy you will appreciate how smooth this is. It is effortless to write with. I almost feel at times that the pen is barely touching the paper.

I am kind of a pen noob so not sure what else to write but if you have any further questions about this baby, well, post them here and I will do my best to answer them.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deirdre

• Kakaze

• John Cullen

• ArPharazon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's beautiful! Your pic really shows off the nice resin.

I have one in 'Starry Nights' . . . blue with some streaks of red. It's gotta be the best looking pen I own. I love writing with it.

"Thus Ar-Pharazôn, King of the Land of the Star, grew to the mightiest tyrant

that had yet been in the world since the reign of Morgoth . . ."

— J.R.R. Tolkien, Akallabêth —

Gack! I'd just recently talked myself out of a Staccato because it's too large for my hand. Your photo of the Lunar Blue has re-awakened the pen-lust for the Staccato. Not only that, but now I want the black and red ebonite and the Lunar Blue. :bonk:

Don

Edited by dwmatteson

I have to say, the more I use this pen the more it almost seems like I am writing with a brush. If you like the feeling of the nib on the paper then this pen is probably not for you. The nib glides so effortlessly across the paper. Now, having done a side by side comparison, I can say that this nib is more smooth than the Lamy.

And here is the thing, this is an affordable pen. This is easily attainable and feels like you are getting real value for a small sum.

I have uploaded some additional photos to my Flickr account if any of you need further temptation. I don't know why the comments already made about this pen would not be enough.

Your new pen looks great. I have a new Staccato, and it is a great writer, too. I agree with your description.

ht

Edited by ht1

I've just bought one from the Market place in my old Squadron colours.

Now I'm really looking forward to it.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

I have two Staccatos, one in Honey Bee, and the other in Emerald Green (with red swirls, looks very Christmassy). I've inked the Honey Bee with Walnut. It writes extremely well. BIG pen but lightweight enough for me to use without posting and enjoy the experience. The nib does glide along very effortlessly. I still prefer my Bexley BX701s, but I'm not at all disappointed in the Staccato.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

You seem to have the newer Lunar blue. It looks swirlier than the older one which looked a little more speckled.

wow.. that looks stunning!!! congrats on a beautiful pen! I'd love to pick one of those up, but no one carries those up here in Vancouver. Might have to order one online after seeing the picture though! Just a some questions though..

Does the cap screw on?

Is there any line variation at all?

and it's a c/c filler, right?

thanks!

As a fellow Lunar Blue owner (a most unexpected gift from a dear friend), I'll field this one. It does have a screw-on cap, and it is a c/c filler. There's really not much line variation from my (F) nibbed version, although judging from the (B) version of a very similar nib (another Bock #6 that I have), there's some variation in that one. It would, however, be a terrific candidate for a custom grind on the nib.

Or, if you're lucky enough to have a Bexley 18K stub, I believe that they're a direct swap.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/726404937_328386ddc6_o.jpg

Brassing Adds Character: Available by clicking on my signature.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave in and bought a Taccia Staccato in Vanilla Latte, haven't even had a chance to ink it yet.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

patrick---What a nice pen. Thanks for the photo. Which nib did you get? Gold or Steel? I have one with a Medium steel nib and it is wonderfully smooth but perhaps a bit too heavy on the flow for me. By any chance did you get a steel fine nib? Anyone, a steel fine nib? Looking for feedback.......uhhh, that would be from you, not the nib. Also, someone mentioned a red and black ebonite one? Any web photos of this one? j

It's arrived and by the Lord Harry is it a thing of beauty...

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

It's arrived and by the Lord Harry is it a thing of beauty...

Is a picture available?

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

With my old flying jacket and LXX Squadron Badge.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/photoboris/TacciaandFlyingJacket2FPN.jpg

The memories come flooding back...