OMAS CATALOGUES

gicoteni

I found an old OMAS catalogue, probably 1940’s , but I cannot say the exact date. The OMAS 361, first issued in 1948, is not included, so I guess it is a previuos one. Pens are depicted and not photographed: very nice.

post-4615-1200775693_thumb.jpg

OMAS_Catalogue___40s.pdf

I post here again the catalogue of 1980’s, already posted some months ago.

post-4615-1200775778_thumb.jpg

Catalogo_OMAS.pdf

(if interested in a better resolution of this file, send me a msg and I will send to you by email)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eric47

• Yurigia

• Jeff L

• stevesurf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many thanks indeed.I wish more of the older Omas catalouges were available.

This is a good reason to buy the Dolcini book on Omas.Those photographs are a delight!!!!

Appreciate the downloads.

Jim

I had a couple of OMAS catalogs -- one from the early and another from the mid-nineties, but, alas, I tossed them out packing out for a cross-country move. They both had some magnificent photos of the paragon celluloids. Wish I had them back.

thanks a lot for sharing gicoteni :)

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Hello,

thank you very much for sharing. I was looking for information on Omas vintage pens for months. I have an Omas Extra non-facetted pen with an amazing fine nib. Now I got it, thanks to you :roflmho:

Best regards,

Anna

I'm not a native speaker of the english language. My apologies in advance when I'm causing trouble by bad grammar, wrong vocabulary, misspelling - friendly correction always welcome!

"...I still believe that people are really good at heart."

Anne Frank, "Diary" (14 years old)

I found an old OMAS catalogue, probably 1940’s , but I cannot say the exact date. The OMAS 361, first issued in 1948, is not included, so I guess it is a previuos one. Pens are depicted and not photographed: very nice.

post-4615-1200775693_thumb.jpg

OMAS_Catalogue___40s.pdf

I post here again the catalogue of 1980’s, already posted some months ago.

post-4615-1200775778_thumb.jpg

Catalogo_OMAS.pdf

(if interested in a better resolution of this file, send me a msg and I will send to you by email)

Thanks! I've finally seen one of my pens in a catalog: the 8.201 Milord

Wonderful to find such an early piece of Omas history. I believe it likely dates to between 1936 and 1938.

The Lucens pens are depicted as still bearing the Greek key band and not the three rings so it's before 1938. It's likely a little after 1936 as the Extra Lucens have the three rings but not very much after 1936 as the pens still carry the two-tone nibs that the Extra Lucens had when they were initially introduced.

The Extras and the Lucens also show an early variant of the regular Omas Extra nib, the one where the letter A appears squarish instead of triangular.

There is no mention of the use white metal trim or the steel alloy Permanio nib, both of which date to the early 1940s. Fascinatingly, the only white trim is on the extremely rare Platinum furnished Extra Lucens on page 10. I'm not sure how many of these are known to exist. There's the one in the book and maybe two others around.

Thank you so much for posting this. I really enjoyed drooling over these lovely pens.

"What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."

Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death, p. vii

• 2 years later...

Oh wow, I need one of those old blue Lucens. :crybaby:

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Oh wow, I need one of those old blue Lucens. :crybaby:

Unfortunately, Omas only used that clear translucent celluloid in its earliest Lucens. There were problems with that material so Omas replaced it with a darker one. Most of the Lucens seen are of this later kind.

post-4689-127090707407.jpg

A closer approximation of that early color may be the 75th anniversary pens in blue. There's also the 360 Lucens in blue.

Tibaldi did something similar - vintage Tibaldi Trasparente modello 60 below. You'll note that the 1990s recreation is very close to the vintage although the filler is different.

post-4-1172172832.jpg

I have the lucky to have now in my collection one of this Lucens of the first series in blue color represented in the booklet, and it is very amazing:

Now it is under restore to repair a little creek on the barrel and have a replace od a new gold ring on the cap that missing in the pictures.

I have do a great deal in buying it but the real value of a pen like this are over the 2000 euro in good condition.

Juri

The New Best Limited Edition fountain pen store... ckick here:

The Pen Lover Boutique

Wow that is a very nice specimen :puddle:. Please post an update once it is fully restored. Boy I just have to be content with my barber shop pole Extra Lucens right now.

I have the lucky to have now in my collection one of this Lucens of the first series in blue color represented in the booklet, and it is very amazing:

I have the lucky to have now in my collection one of this Lucens of the first series in blue color represented in the booklet, and it is very amazing.

Beautiful pen Yuri. The missing ring is not such a big deal, that can be fixed easily. What's the little stamp on the cap? "La Stilografica Bologna"?

Labeo posted pictures of a first series gray Lucens here.

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

Beautiful pen Yuri. The missing ring is not such a big deal, that can be fixed easily. What's the little stamp on the cap? "La Stilografica Bologna"?

Labeo posted pictures of a first series gray Lucens here.

Hi Eric,

yes on the cap there are the stamp of the "La Stilografica Bologna", probably this pen was sold by this shop.

This pen is not the real first model of Lucens, because this ones had a total black blind cap like the one that Labeo post in his pictures, instead mine have a blind cap alredy colored like the pen body.

But the thing that become this pen super rare is, over the delicate clear celluloid, the blue color that is one of the more difficult to find.

Yes the ring are really esy to repair, it needs to fix a little crack on the barrel near the plunger filler because in a old restore probebly to change the seals, it have this little damage.

I'm sure that Sampei do an amazing work on my pens lika all the other that restore for me... I suggest him for repair and restore old and precious pens...

Edited by Yurigia

The New Best Limited Edition fountain pen store... ckick here:

The Pen Lover Boutique

I have the same catalogue and I think it's from 1938. Extra Lucens models are all without the AS circles symbol on the cap.