Levenger Cocoa

Jimmy James

I just loaded my second cartridge of Levenger Cocoa. Since the color seems pretty consistent between the two, I thought it time to do a review. Please excuse my handwriting -- it's not nearly the worst I have ever witnessed, but I haven't seen a single review here that features worse work than mine. Perhaps I'll be able to work on that now that I'm writing more.

post-10748-1198727746_thumb.jpg

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maja

• Jimmy James

• PaulK

• Goodwhiskers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the review JJ. My color is browner/muddier than your scan. I agree that this is a solid, dependable ink. And it is nice to have a reliable brown in Int'l carts when you need it.

• 2 weeks later...

Given that you're an attorney, that little hangman drawing is rather ominous...:lol:

But seroiusly, thanks for the ink review, JimmyJames!

(you wouldn't happen to be a fan of the TV show NewsRadio, would you?)

Given that you're an attorney, that little hangman drawing is rather ominous...:lol:

Greetings, wage ape! ;)

Yes, I am a fan of Newsradio. My fantasy football team is known as Rocket Fuel after Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor. I have obviously taken the name of James James, the man so nice they named him twice. Heck, I'd even think about running for President just to find a wife if I didn't already have one! I keep trying to slip Bethany or at least Elizabeth into the name of the daughter we're expecting because I'd love to call her Beth. My wife has already shot down Lisa.

If it makes the drawing any less ominous, I try to keep the defendants away from the gallows.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

is there any resistance to water or does the ink surrender from the page at the first drop?

In my experience, Levenger Cocoa is water-resistant enough for addressing envelopes and writing in planners and notebooks that might get wet. Water on paper with writing in this ink makes a little bit of it run, but most stays put. It doesn't look pretty afterward, but it remains easily legible.

Of course, the paper needs to be good; this ink aggressively soaks through bad paper.

I also use Levenger Cocoa in the long cartridges (which I believe Levenger is discontinuing). On top of being a medium flow ink (never caused any fouling in the pen), I found this ink to be marginally water resistant -- so trust it enough for writing addresses on envelopes.

I fully agree with the difficulty of piercing so what I've done is use either a thumb-tack or a bent paperclip to pre-pierce the cartridge and then insert it. I won't force anything for fear of breaking the nipple (or whatever it's called).

Paul

P.S. Jimmy James -- please, if you're ever representing me, don't draw the hang-man while we're in trial. It's a bit, ahhh, distracting. :lol:

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

~ Oscar Wilde, 1888

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

If it makes the drawing any less ominous, I try to keep the defendants away from the gallows.

Right-o! ;)

Greetings, wage ape! ;)

Yes, I am a fan of Newsradio. My fantasy football team is known as Rocket Fuel after Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor. I have obviously taken the name of James James, the man so nice they named him twice. Heck, I'd even think about running for President just to find a wife if I didn't already have one! I keep trying to slip Bethany or at least Elizabeth into the name of the daughter we're expecting because I'd love to call her Beth. My wife has already shot down Lisa.

Hmmmm...so I'm assuming that Smatthew wouldn't have been a suitable name for a baby boy, either?

:hmm1: