• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Immoteus

• loislane

• QM2

• amper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How long does the scent last? I'd love to find an ink with scent-staying power until the recipient gets it...

"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." - Jane Austen

The ink is waterproof IF you use a dip nib (this causes bleedthrough on cheap paper) :lol: Otherwise, it just washes away...

As for the scent, it lasts for about 2 days out in the open (Maybe longer if you keep it in an envelope).

Virtute enim ipsa non tam multi praediti esse quam videri volunt.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Contact Information for Japanese Manufacturers

Thanks for the review! I've just picked up my first bottle of J. Herbin ink, and plan to buy many more. Near the top of my list is the Bleu/Parfum Lavande.

I've been using shaving products from Nancy Boy with their signature lavender/peppermint/rosemary scent, and I also picked up a bar of lavender soap at the Stonewall Kitchen factory store on vacation in Maine this summer, and now I'm hooked on the smell of lavender. I was afraid it might be a little girly smelling, but I'd heard so many good things about Nancy Boy that I tried it anyway, and that led me to the pure scent of lavender in the Stonewall Kitchen soap. I find the scent somewhat spicy and flowery all at the same time.

When I saw that J. Herbin makes a blue ink with lavender scent, I knew I had to have some!

Paige Paigen

Gemma Seymour, Founder & Designer, Paige Paigen

Daily use pens & ink: TWSBI ECO-T EF, TWSBI ECO 1.1 mm stub italic, Mrs. Stewart's Concentrated Liquid Bluing

As for the scent, it lasts for about 2 days out in the open (Maybe longer if you keep it in an envelope).

Oooh, that's promising! My only other experience with scented ink is the Montblanc Season's Greetings vanilla from this year, and the scent vanished before I put the Christmas cards in their envelopes. I'm just glad I realized it and didn't tell all my friends to sniff their cards, only to smell...nothing. :headsmack:

Thanks for the review!

"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." - Jane Austen

Update: Encre Bleue fades quite easily under light exposure. So I can't recommend it for normal use. However, this series (I don't know if thats the correct term) come in attractive bottles that would make a good inkwell conversion.

http://www.jherbin.com/images/subtile_blue_big.jpg

Image comes from the J.Herbin Site

Virtute enim ipsa non tam multi praediti esse quam videri volunt.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Contact Information for Japanese Manufacturers

Looks very similar to Noodler's Luxury Blue, only perhaps a bit less saturated. I am not a fan of this color family; it's a "weak" blue that I find difficult to read as my eyes have trouble focusing on it. Your handwriting is nice though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I suspect that scented inks are really for the amusement of the writer because I have yet to find one which sticks around either. I just don't think there is enough "stuff" there to make a real scent which humans can pick up AND it evaporates quite quickly so that there isn't that much in the way of molecules floating around for you to pick up with your nose. Great thought but I don't suspect it's a practical one.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg