Orders are now being taken for FPN Dumas Tulipe Noire

Admin

I ordered my 2 bottles, one each Tulipe Noire and Galileo Manuscript brown, PayPal payment made shortly after getting the invoice. The little notice said something about the Tulipe Noire being sent in 3-4 weeks but no mention of how long it would take for the brown. Did I miss something?

No rush or anything, just sorta curious how long it will all take.....

Cheers,

Bill J

Bill:

I believe this year's batch of Gallileo Manuscript Brown has already been made. See this thread for more info.

Turbo!

---
Use big words. They carry more weight.
I help small businesses find their next new customer. Check out more about what I do on Facebook.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elaine

• wimg

• Pengrump

• Tricia

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Please point this dimwit in the right direction if the subject has been discussed.

Are the inks all Noodlers?

I have a bottle of Galileo on order, awaiting the other inks.

Regards

Mike

Hi

Please point this dimwit in the right direction if the subject has been discussed.

Are the inks all Noodlers?

I have a bottle of Galileo on order, awaiting the other inks.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

In the top post of this topic you'll find the link to the ordering info: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...st&p=405939

All inks are indeed Noodler's inks, the Galileo being a bulletproof ink, the Tulipe Noire a "standard" Noodler's ink, and both are exclusive to FPN, as will be the blue in its final incarnation.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Veel dank Wim

Maybe I should not have been so fast in ordering the Galileo. I have had poor results so far with 2 different Noodlers, 1 fair outcome with Lexington.

However, I have a new Marlen (with its own problem, another story in another thread) So I will be testing again tonight.

Kind regards

Mike

Veel dank Wim

Maybe I should not have been so fast in ordering the Galileo. I have had poor results so far with 2 different Noodlers, 1 fair outcome with Lexington.

However, I have a new Marlen (with its own problem, another story in another thread) So I will be testing again tonight.

Kind regards

Mike

Weird. Have you ever flushed your pens prior to using them, from new? Fill a glass with water, add 1-2 drops non-scented dishwashing liquid, stir, fill pen a few times with this, expel everything again, dry well (tissue), fill pen with ink.

The FPN Galileo Manuscript Brown is a problemless ink, it flows as well if not better than Waterman Blue Black, so it is a good ink for priming a pen as well (first few fills to soak in the feed properly). It does show a little nib creep, but nothing compared to, e.g., Legal Lapis.

Oh, do use a decent quality paper, that does help. The cheaper notepads sold in the US, which I have experienced, are not the greatest for fountain pens and fountain pen inks; they are designd for ballpoint ink, not fountain pen ink.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I seem to be behind the curve here.

How can I order inks (can I still?)?

What inks are available?

Click on the link in the first post of this thread :D

I hate to seem impatient or over-eager, but how long should someone wait for their invoice after sending their order email (I'm just envisioning the email going amiss, and me missing out altogether!)

Thanks!

I hate to seem impatient or over-eager, but how long should someone wait for their invoice after sending their order email (I'm just envisioning the email going amiss, and me missing out altogether!)

Thanks!

PM sent

If you order the ink without any holds for future ink, you should have the invoice within the same day, or next day if it's late.

What's the status of the FPN blue? Haven't heard anything about it for a while.

We're waiting for Nathan to receive some special components and hopefully come up with something more spectacular than the blues now available.

Both Galileo Manuscript Brown and Tulipe Noire are spectacular inks like nothing else available, and ideally that is what we'd want from a blue as well. We have hopes.... :)

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Special components? Would that by any chance be.......poison'd entrails, a toad, a few parts of newt, frog, bat and dog? If that is what Nathan is missing, I am sure I can supply a few of those items....... :ltcapd:

Splendid news to receive when I've just returned. :) I've sent in my order for two bottles of FPN Dumas Tulipe Noire, but I don't expect to hear back until tomorrow or Monday since it's a Saturday night. I only wish it was bulletproof - then it would be the perfect ink for me. I guess I'll have to be careful where I put my tea because I am certainly going to be using this ink a lot!

:D

"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini

How long should I wait before I receive my invoice? (I placed my order on Saturday evening.)

Thanks. :)

"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini

How long should I wait before I receive my invoice? (I placed my order on Saturday evening.)

Thanks. :)

Usually orders are invoiced on the day they are received. However no new orders are being processed until January. Your's came in just under the wire. I sent your invoice today. :D Any new orders will not be acknowledged until January. Please see THIS POST

Whew! Thanks. :D (I'll keep checking for the invoice; it hasn't arrived just yet.)

And thanks so much for doing this!

Whew! Thanks. :D (I'll keep checking for the invoice; it hasn't arrived just yet.)

And thanks so much for doing this!

Oops! Forgot to push the send button :embarrassed_smile:

My bottles of Tulipe Noire arrived today, and I filled my Pelikan M400 with such gorgeous ink that I keep writing, despite having nothing interesting to say ... :)

Thank you, Fountain Pen Network!

"It often shows an excellent command of language to say nothing." - Karol Newlin
._.-. Currently inked: Esterbrook Estie, Journaler nib & Diamine Autumn Oak .-._.