Noodler's Ellis Island (FPH Exclusive)

girlieg33k

I started a new rotation of pens this week. While I was inking pens, I decided to handwrite a few mini-reviews on each ink, with swab samples. To save time, I scanned everything, so colors may vary depending on your monitor. I'm limited to posting 600pix wide images here, but click on the image or the link below it to view the full-size scanned image. The full-sized image may give a better, sharper representation of each ink color.

Edited by girlieg33k

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Celeste

• Garageboy

• girlieg33k

• captnemo

Hey, I like the look of that ink!

That color reminds me of things that were written with FPs 80 years ago. Is that the intent of the color? If so I'd call it a success.

I believe that Tardiff said somewhere that the color was designed to match the ink used at Ellis Island in the early 20th century.

Wow. Thanks for all the time you've been putting in working on these very informative ink reviews. I've added a couple inks to my list (and taken one off) because of them. I especially enjoyed your light touch in your review covering your frustration with Highlands Heather.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Another ink I wanted to see! Thanks!

We can trust the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. - Immanual Kant

That color reminds me of things that were written with FPs 80 years ago. Is that the intent of the color? If so I'd call it a success.

I believe that Tardiff said somewhere that the color was designed to match the ink used at Ellis Island in the early 20th century.

Well that explains it. Thank you. I think I like this enough to switch my main non-black pen from brown to Ellis Island. This color is the most "fountain pen-ish" color I've ever seen (if you are old enough to know what I mean). I need to go look whether it's bulletproof too.

EDIT: FPH does not say whether it's bulletproof but I found the thread where Nathan discusses it:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...hl=ellis+island

It has "some water resistance". Hmm.

Edited by captnemo

Yes indeed. Ellis Island will definitely be one of the next bottles I purchase. Thanks for the review.

Dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg

I need to go look whether it's bulletproof too.

EDIT: FPH does not say whether it's bulletproof but I found the thread where Nathan discusses it:

My understanding from FPH is this is not bulletproof ink. I'll test it for water-resistance, however, and will post a follow-up after I dunk the mini-review in water and let it dry overnight.

I need to go look whether it's bulletproof too.

My understanding from FPH is this is not bulletproof ink. I'll test it for water-resistance, however, and will post a follow-up after I dunk the mini-review in water and let it dry overnight.

Cool. I'd like to know. And thanks a bunch for the review!

Okay, that is the ink I have been searching for! If only FPH didn't have a $20 flat rate shipping fee to Canada, I would buy it. Of course, I might have to anyway. Gol darn that burns me, though. Thank you girlie for reviewing this beauty! Where did I put my credit card?

Kath

Why, sometimes I'd like to take a switchblade and a peppermint and a Cadillac and throw it all in a fire.

Danitrio Fellowship

Thank you girlieg33k for these wonderful reviews. I think the Ellis Island ink looks ravishing. I'm going to be sure to add it to my collection. Your reviews have consistently been eye-openers for me and have, on several occassions, been the deciding factor in whether "to buy" or "not to buy." Thank you!

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks for the great review, girlieg. Of course, I had to order a bottle. It came yesterday and I'm having fun finding the "right" pen to use it in. They all look good and lush. I'm thinking of my Pelikan stub italic next. Maybe I can give it a good go before my Apache Sunset comes in... :bunny01:

Here's the update for water-resistance. Click the scanned image or the link below it to view the full-size scanned image.

http://girlieg33k.googlepages.com/noodlers-eisland-water.jpg

Immersed in water for 24-hours

http://girlieg33k.googlepages.com/noodlers-eisland-watertest_600pix.jpg

After drying overnight

:: Click here to view full image ::

Edited by girlieg33k

Okay, that is the ink I have been searching for! If only FPH didn't have a $20 flat rate shipping fee to Canada, I would buy it. Of course, I might have to anyway. Gol darn that burns me, though. Thank you girlie for reviewing this beauty! Where did I put my credit card?

Kath

Kath, we live in the same province - I wonder if it would be worth it to split an order? We'd have to buy a lot of ink to make it worth it though :rolleyes:

Drat, now I have to come up with something else to buy from FPH so I will have an excuse to order this ink. Already have 4 new bottles of ink the last couple of weeks!! Hey, I wonder if they are discounting that True Blue yet. Boy this ink would go great with that pen!!

Thanks for the great review!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Ooooh, gorgeous colour. I have to have it!

Thanks for the review. :)

~ Manisha

"A traveller am I and a navigator, and everyday I discover a new region of my soul." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Mine's more green than blue, hints of what Waterman Blue Black dries into. LOVE how slick the ink is, nibs just glide over perfectly