Hello from Spain

Xepe71

Well... hello from Spain!

I've been a not-so-long-term writer with an Omas Ogiva (MOMA), and I am quite happy with it, except for the fact that it leaks a little bit... is this notmal? Dunno!

I also love my transparent Lamy Safary and Pelikan 215. And currently I am waiting for a Lamy 2000 and planning to purchase a Sailor Sapporo (is anyone selling one of those?).

Spain does not have a big culture of fountain pens, and therefore "the" name you can hear when speaking of quality pens is Montblanc. However we have our own brand called Inoxcrom, and have access to most of the known brands in the market, except for a few outsiders such as Sailor. Also, my country is considered expensive when compared to the US market, but cheap when comparing with the european market.

Anyway, this forum is very interesting for me , and I hope I will learn lots of things from it!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Xepe71

• Sakura

• Clive Merrick Morel

• KingJoe

Welcome to the board, Xepe. I will be visiting Spain in a month, so your comment about Spain not having a large fountain pen following disappoints me a bit. I don't have any Inoxcrom pens, but I do know of the brand. I realize that prices there are higher than in the USA, but I plan to visit some pen shops while I'm in Spain just to see some of Spain's stationery offerings. Oh, and I'm attempting to read Carlos Ruiz Zafón's early novels to brush up on my Spanish before my trip. Es muy dificil! :)

Edited by girlieg33k

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

Bienvenido!

inoxcrom nibs are very nice indeed. I have a couple of pens form inoxcrom, my favorite from them is one vintage pen resembling model that has screw on cap and such...

Please don't send PM's, use my e-mail instead. Thanks!

Bienvenido!! Has llegado al sitio correcto para aprender, compartir y gozar...

About the Omas leak I think that you should post the problem in the Repair Q&A forum, explaining it the best that you can. You will probably have some interesting answers.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3377063898_1eaf38aeda_o.jpg

The Danitrio Fellowship

Welcome! I was in Barcelona just last summer for a few days...buying flamenco shoes from the Menkes shop. :happyberet:

I used to live in France, where I saw Inoxcroms quite a bit. Members here have given them good reviews; I'm also thinking of getting one next time I'm in Europe.

You'll find lots of good information here, and support for your pen addiction collecting!

schreibvergnuegen

visit my blog! the teahouse

Welcome! I was in Barcelona just last summer for a few days...buying flamenco shoes from the Menkes shop. :happyberet:

I used to live in France, where I saw Inoxcroms quite a bit. Members here have given them good reviews; I'm also thinking of getting one next time I'm in Europe.

You'll find lots of good information here, and support for your pen addiction collecting!

I live 100km south from Barcelona and been living there for 15 years. Nice city, isn't it? (I guesss your "..." means that you know that flamenco is not from Barcelona;-) )

Also I was born in France (my mother is french), and altough I am fluent in french, I only visit my relatives two or three times a year. Unfortunately I never visited any pen shop in France, but I will (Montpellier and Toulouse seem to be cities to be big enough to have pen shops). I guess there are more choices than in Spain.

By the way, this is my wishlist:

Lamy 2000 (just received this morning)

Sailor Sapporo

Pilot Namiki capless (in orange limited edition, please)

Omas Emotica (in yellow)

Parker Duofold (many versions)

Thanks to all of you for your warm welcome!

I live 100km south from Barcelona and been living there for 15 years. Nice city, isn't it? (I guesss your "..." means that you know that flamenco is not from Barcelona;-) )

Also I was born in France (my mother is french), and altough I am fluent in french, I only visit my relatives two or three times a year. Unfortunately I never visited any pen shop in France, but I will (Montpellier and Toulouse seem to be cities to be big enough to have pen shops). I guess there are more choices than in Spain.

Barcelona was the closest place to drive to while I was visiting France -- I was in Marseille. So it had the closest Menkes shop I could get to. :happyberet: I told the guitarist in our flamenco studio I was going to Barcelona, and he said, "What are you going there for? There's nothing there!" :roflmho:

Marseille has pen shops, one on the Rue Paradis and another on the Avenue du Prado. Actually they are "papeteries", but they sell fine pens. I got my Waterman Carene from the shop on the Rue Paradis. Marseille might be a bit far for you, though. It took us around 5 hours or so to drive from there to Barcelona, and we only took a couple of rest stops.

One day, we plan to make it all the way to Sevilla, but summertime isn't the best time for that. And I still haven't mastered Sevillanas at "concert speed" yet (translate: at 180 kph :roflmho: )

schreibvergnuegen

visit my blog! the teahouse

Welcome to Fountain Pen Forum, Xepe! :happyberet:

Glad to have you aboard. Although I am not personally familiar with the Omas Ogiva MOMA, it's quite apparent that it is an exceptionally well-built pen and under no circumstances should it 'leak' unless a mechanical or physical problem has manifested. Given the fact it's such a beautiful pen, coupled with the (albeit brief) history you've shared...ought be compelling enough reasons to warrant its careful examination (and TLC, don'tchaknow) by a master 'pensmith'/nibmeister.

I did a quick search for Inoxcrom pens and this was one of the few fountain pens I managed to find. I tried logging onto the Inoxcrom website, however this was as far as I got. "Maybe next time" like is so often heard in America... :roflmho:

I am strongly biased toward Pelikans. That being said, I've heard nothing but the greatest of praise offered by the good folks at FPN toward Sailor fountain pens. I certainly wouldn't find it too terribly difficult to "live" with this little Sailor gem! :thumbup:

Please don't be a stranger, Xepe - and do enjoy the many resources available, here at FPN. :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Best Regards from Enicitas, CA.

-Clive

-Clive Merrick Morel

. Please do not send PMs...E-mail me: clivemmorel@earthlink.net

Welcome aboard, Xepe.

Please, watch your wallet closely. Whatever plans you have for acquisitions....you can triple them after a few months here!! (Heck, a few days...)

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Oh, almost forgot!! Yo hablo espanol...mas o menos. ;-)

~~Mike ("KJ")

Welcome aboard, Xepe.

Please, watch your wallet closely. Whatever plans you have for acquisitions....you can triple them after a few months here!! (Heck, a few days...)

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Oh, almost forgot!! Yo hablo espanol...mas o menos. ;-)

~~Mike ("KJ")

Hi KingJoe,

I know what you mean. My next acquisitions are most probably the ones listed above (usually less than 100Euro), but I can see some kind of "stairway to heaven" of the FP (if Led Zeppelin allows me to use the metaphore). I am already wondering what is the Sheaffer snorkel; or if a Parker 51 is the best pen; or why I should be limited to below100€ pens... We call it in Spain tener el gusanillo ("have the worm" - in the stomach).

You are welcome writting in spanish - at least I am more fluent than in english-, but I guess FPN rules would no allow this! ;-)

Thanks for the welcome!

Bienvenido!

inoxcrom nibs are very nice indeed. I have a couple of pens form inoxcrom, my favorite from them is one vintage pen resembling model that has screw on cap and such...

Muchas gracias!

Unfortuantely Inoxcrom is suffering some problems now, as the company, located in Barcelona, is planning to close the business in order to sell the land they are on. this would mean people fired, and closing production of this brand... But the products are not bad, especially for the price!

Bienvenido!! Has llegado al sitio correcto para aprender, compartir y gozar...

About the Omas leak I think that you should post the problem in the Repair Q&A forum, explaining it the best that you can. You will probably have some interesting answers.

Hola y gracias!

I'll see if I post some mail regarding this problem, or if I just go to the shop for repair. Anyways, thanks for the suggestion.

Welcome to Fountain Pen Forum, Xepe! :happyberet:

Glad to have you aboard. Although I am not personally familiar with the Omas Ogiva MOMA, it's quite apparent that it is an exceptionally well-built pen and under no circumstances should it 'leak' unless a mechanical or physical problem has manifested. Given the fact it's such a beautiful pen, coupled with the (albeit brief) history you've shared...ought be compelling enough reasons to warrant its careful examination (and TLC, don'tchaknow) by a master 'pensmith'/nibmeister.

I did a quick search for Inoxcrom pens and this was one of the few fountain pens I managed to find. I tried logging onto the Inoxcrom website, however this was as far as I got. "Maybe next time" like is so often heard in America... :roflmho:

I am strongly biased toward Pelikans. That being said, I've heard nothing but the greatest of praise offered by the good folks at FPN toward Sailor fountain pens. I certainly wouldn't find it too terribly difficult to "live" with this little Sailor gem! :thumbup:

Please don't be a stranger, Xepe - and do enjoy the many resources available, here at FPN. :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Best Regards from Enicitas, CA.

-Clive

Thanks for all the info. As for the Inoxcrom brand, try this link (only in Spanish, unfortunately). I also like Pelikans. Mine, a classic 200 is a little bit scratchy, but i like the fine nib it has. I wonder what would be writting with a golden nib (215?)...

Regards,

~~Mike ("KJ")

You are welcome writting in spanish - at least I am more fluent than in english-, but I guess FPN rules would no allow this! ;-)

Thanks for the welcome!

Writing in Spanish or any other language is not prohibited on FPN, it is just that the vast majority of us have only English in common, not Spanish or any other language.

BTW, welcome indeed to FPN!

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

Hi Xepe; A friend of mine lives in Barcelona; his name is Javier Vall and he is a medical doctor. He came to my high school in 1962 as a foreign exchange student (American Field Service). I've lost contact with him but do hope to see him again. The last time we were together was on the occasion of his son's graduation from a high school in Virginia--He brought his family back out to California after the graduation for a reunion at the high school in Simi Valley, California where he attended as part of the AFS. Glad to have you on FPN.

Bienvenido Xepe

aprenderas mucho aqui --- you will learn much in the forum!

My father's family is from the Canary Islands, and my mother's from Asturias, so always enjoy seeing more members from Spain.

Hasta luego!

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb238/lmederos/logos/luissignatureicon.gif

-- Luis

Welcome to FPN. I'd like to visit your country some day.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

Hi Xepe; A friend of mine lives in Barcelona; his name is Javier Vall and he is a medical doctor. He came to my high school in 1962 as a foreign exchange student (American Field Service). I've lost contact with him but do hope to see him again. The last time we were together was on the occasion of his son's graduation from a high school in Virginia--He brought his family back out to California after the graduation for a reunion at the high school in Simi Valley, California where he attended as part of the AFS. Glad to have you on FPN.

Funny, because I visited the USA through AFS, about 18 years ago. Istayed in San Luis Obispo and Encinitas (California). Unfortunately Barcelona is a large town and I don't know him, so it will be difficult to meet your friend, unless you want me to check at the white pages. Just let me know, I can do some prospection in the field... And thanks for the warm welcome.