Welcome to Ink Comparisons, Scans and Tests

macthemaths

Just a quick word of welcome to our new sub-forum.

This is where you will find (and should post new) Ink Comparisons, Scans and Tests. The Ink mods felt that the Ink Reviews mother forum should contain what was thought to be only true full reviews of inks. This sub-forum was created to catch the rest.

We think that these posts are valuable in themselves, so please keep them coming.

There will be indices of each type of post and this will be found pinned at the top of the forum.

I thought it might be useful for new members to know what we mean by different types of ink review, so have linked some here:

Full Ink Review :: An example from BillTheEditor

Ink Comparison :: An example from girlieg33k

Scan :: Similar to above comparison, but maybe with only one ink

Test :: An example water test by NeoTiger

We hope that you find this useful and feel inspired to add your own Comparisons, scans and tests.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann Finley

• southpaw

• macthemaths

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to our new forum for Ink Comparisons, Scans, and Tests! Many members have posted comparisons, sample scans and water tests and now they should be easier to find--especially when we complete our indexing of these posts. (It takes more time than you would believe, though, so please bear with us.) Once each index is complete we will be updating regularly.

In his welcome above, Chris has done an excellent job of illustrating "which type of post goes where," by providing links to examples, but if you have any questions, don't be bashful about contacting us. Sometimes a post may "fall in between" being a full ink review and sample scan with some additonal info. We'll try to put it in the most relevant area and, occasionally, you may find a post cross indexed.

While we all appreciate a full review of any ink (and hope some of you will contribute them), we know it takes a chunk of time to do one. But even if you don't have time to do a full review, we hope you will continue to contribute sample scans, comparisons--they don't have to be lengthy--and experimental tests you've done. What you provide may be just what another member is looking for!

In our Inky Thoughts forum there is a pinned area for ink recipes. We've not had time to do anything new here, but we'll keep you posted if something is in the works. :)

Best, Ann

Edited by Ann Finley

Hello to all you FPNers out there!

Well, not much I can add to what's already been said by Ann and Chris except to add my own, "Welcome!" to the new subforum. We hope this helps all of us find things easier.

I would like to say that just because an ink has been reviewed or scanned doesn't mean you should do one as well. The more perspectives we get, the better off for the whole community. Remember, a review or scan or comparison is one person's opinion. As the old saying goes, "The more the merrier," so let's all try to put pen and ink to paper and get those inks compared, tested, and reviewed!

Thanks, and it is an honor to serve you!

southpaw (aka Michael)

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)