Got an ink you'd like to see reviewed? Request it here.

southpaw

Would love to see someone do an extensive review of Iroshizuku Take-Sumi and Pilot/Namiki Black on various papers. I hear dry times on Tomoe River for Take-Sumi are quite good!

More interested in something like KWZ Grey Plum! Never mind what I said earlier haha I have Tomoe River arriving for me very soon so I can test both inks myself. 😃😃

Currently Inked = Pilot Custom 823 - 14Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Kakadu LE #100/100 - 18Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog LE #785/888 - 23Kt Pd "1.3mm Stub" Nib -- Pelikan 100N Transitional - 14Kt Gold 'OF' Nib -- Pelikan 400 - 14Kt Gold 'KF' Nib (All Inked with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black) -- Pelikan M200 West Germany - SS 'OBB' Nib

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Mew

• Chrissy

• AndyYNWA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Dear Hvargas - if you want I can send you a letter written with Proctor's Ledge. You would write back to me - we call it a CRV. Check one out here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/300379-random-inkscrv-explanation/

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Dear Hvargas - if you want I can send you a letter written with Proctor's Ledge. You would write back to me - we call it a CRV. Check one out here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/300379-random-inkscrv-explanation/

Sure, we could do that. When I write back, would I have to write in a similar-colored ink? I don't have a brown ink at the moment.

You can use any ink you want. Proctor's Ledge looks black until you really see it. In this doodle, I used Sailor KN Japanese Cicada, Gullor Brown and Proctor's Ledge. I realized that I used the ink back in October so I'll have to make sure I haven't sent these all out. If I did, then I'll ink up with it in January and write to you then. I'm only 46 inks away from finishing my 366 inks for 2016 so I cannot yet repeat any inks.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/09-September/slides/IMG_20160930_204113.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/10-October/slides/2016-10-03_01.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 weeks later...

More IG ink reviews in general!! Where is the IG love peeps :D :D :D

Akkerman #10 :wub: :wub:

Just look at the shading you get!

post-131799-0-23962900-1483202723_thumb.jpg

Currently Inked = Pilot Custom 823 - 14Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Kakadu LE #100/100 - 18Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog LE #785/888 - 23Kt Pd "1.3mm Stub" Nib -- Pelikan 100N Transitional - 14Kt Gold 'OF' Nib -- Pelikan 400 - 14Kt Gold 'KF' Nib (All Inked with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black) -- Pelikan M200 West Germany - SS 'OBB' Nib

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to encourage anyone who got their hands on the new Akkerman Dutch Masters line to post reviews, please! :D

I was going to ask the same thing. I e-mailed Vanness & these are a Limited Edition. Need to get them before they are gone.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to encourage anyone who got their hands on the new Akkerman Dutch Masters line to post reviews, please! :D

I just got the Akkerman Dutch Masters Israel's Zeeblauw in the mail today; however, I don't know when I'd be able to post a review. First of all, I've never done a review before, but more importantly, this is a really--really--bad time for me. Every single class I'm taking either has had or still has a test to take this week (Calculus, Intermediate Japanese, Eastern Cultures, and Intro to C++). I also have a major paper to write for Eastern Cultures and a program to write for my C++ class. And if that's not enough, I'm doing radiation treatments through next week.

So, yeah, I'm rather swamped right now.

I'll see about getting a review posted after the 2nd, when everything finally calms down for me.

Edited by Aquaria

• 1 month later...

It is sad to find that the first ink in India "Sulekha Ink" manufactured in 11 colors doesn't have a single review in this forum. I hope that someone in this forum will find this post and add a review of some colors of this brand. The inks produced are follows

Sulekha black

Sulekha blue black

Sulekha crystal violet

Sulekha emerald green

Sulekha flaming orange

Sulekha master brown

Sulekha moss green

Sulekha royal blue

Sulekha scarlet red

Sulekha shocking pink

Sulekha turquoise blue

I was on the De Atramentis website yesterday and I did a double take when I saw Cannabis listed in their fragrance inks

http://www.de-atramentis.com/ffragrance-ink--fragrance-inks--inks--inks-for-fountain-pens-/plants-ink--plants-inks--ink--inks--inks-for-fountain-pens-/ink-inks-ink-for-fountain-pens--960.html

I'd love to see a review for that hahah

I would like to see a review Robert Oster Purple Soul. I have Purple Rock and am wondering how Purple Soul is different--especially whether Purple Soul looks purple in a pen with a fine nib.

• 2 weeks later...

More IG ink reviews in general!! Where is the IG love peeps :D :D :D

Akkerman #10 :wub: :wub:

Just look at the shading you get!

+1 for reviews and comparisons of IG and other water resistant inks. My most important requirement for an ink is that it is water resistant (not necessarily waterproof or bullet proof or ISO document rated). I am currently using Pilot Blue Black, I keep wanting to evaluate other water resistant inks but I am so in love with PBB that it is hard to find a reason. The new KWZ IG inks of various colors do look interesting.

All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

• 3 weeks later...

It is sad to find that the first ink in India "Sulekha Ink" manufactured in 11 colors doesn't have a single review in this forum. I hope that someone in this forum will find this post and add a review of some colors of this brand.

It's very difficult to get any Indian inks. I have a colleague at work, going to her brother-in-law's wedding. I whined until her hubby promised to get me the gold and orange Krishna inks.

It's very difficult to get any Indian inks. I have a colleague at work, going to her brother-in-law's wedding. I whined until her hubby promised to get me the gold and orange Krishna inks.

I just received 35 bottles of Krishna inks; this was my second order having received shipment from them previously. This time the shipment was a bit complicated, you email which inks you would like & after receiving confirmation of availability with cost of shipping, you acknowledge acceptance & then you will be sent a PayPal invoice.

Perviously I had ordered from the site: The Pen World & this time when I couldn't select "USA" for my address, I e-mailed them to ask for help & they explained their new procedure for International orders. It sounds odd, but I received the inks in perfect condition & @ a not terrible price of shipping when you acknowledge the low cost of the inks. I believe they will also manage order from: Krishna Pens as well.

I think their communication is quite remarkable, we had a series of mail prior to my order while awaiting the newest inks to become available. They then sent a message that they could take my order. They are now using all glass bottles for their inks & the problem of the leaking bottles that had been noted is now taken care of.

I loved my first inks & was excited to find the newest colors available, They are seeking a US outlet for the sale of inks & I wish them success.