Got an ink you'd like to see reviewed? Request it here.

southpaw

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Mew

• Chrissy

• AndyYNWA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• 3 months later...

I am interested in the darker L'Artisan Pastellier in the Encre Classiques line, please. Very few of them have been reviewed here.

• Marron
  • Noisette
  • Ocre Jaune (ok, this one isn't dark ...)
  • Carmin
  • Lilas
  • Vert Moyen
  • Violette (not the one in the Callifolio line)

Thank you!

[edit: added Ocre Jaune]

Edited by PithyProlix

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

• 1 month later...

Any of the Fritz Schimpf inks.  It looks like there is only one (fritzrot) that has been reviewed according to the index thread...at least that is what I found.

I'm especially interested in this one... Fritz-Schimpf-morgenroete

Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are. 

~Theodore Roosevelt

I quite like Blackbird Ink (the New Mabie Todd brand) Kingfisher Blue and Blackbird Black, and would appreciate knowing what someone with more expertise than my layman's opinion has to say about both of them.

LINK: Fountain Pen Ink | UK Pen Blanks

While I'm a fan and user of KWZ Iron Gall inks, I've not yet tried the IG Violet or IG Gummiberry.

Anyone here tried them? I'm interested in the difference in color. While the online retailers show that the Violet seems lighter, I'm looking for someone who can offer their opinion. Thanks.

'We live in times where smart people must be silenced so stupid people won't be offended."

Clip from Ricky Gervais' new Netflix Special

• 2 months later...

I would like to see a review of the new Schneider pastel colour range Apricot, Blush, Rose, Cognac, Lilac, Lemon Cake, Bermuda Blue and Ice blue

On 12/5/2020 at 8:53 PM, sgphototn said:

While I'm a fan and user of KWZ Iron Gall inks, I've not yet tried the IG Violet or IG Gummiberry.

I've tried IG Violet #2, IG Violet #3, and IG Gummiberry (but not IG Violet #1).  I'm not quite sure how to do photos with the new software yet, but I'll try to describe them and then see if I can post scans in a day or two.

IG Violet #2 is the softest and lightest of the three; IG Gummiberry is more of a medium purple, and a little darker/more vibrant than IG Violet #2; and IG Violet #3 is more of a red-violet color.

Hope this helps until I can figure out the new tech.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

39 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

I'm not quite sure how to do photos with the new software yet,

I don't know if this helps:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/357416-my-classified-images-have-disappeared/?do=findComment&comment=4386260

(Just use the image category ‘FPN Image Albums’ instead of ‘Classified Images’ in Step 2.)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone used Noodlers safety inks? I'm a little wary of buying a whole 4.5oz bottle before trying.

(What's a bonded ink anyway? I searched for the term but all I got was a tattoo parlour)

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I would be interested in seeing a review of Montblanc Amethyst, especially if that review contained a side-by-side comparison with Montblanc Lavender Purple.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 1:15 PM, Chiroptera121 said:

Any of the Fritz Schimpf inks.  It looks like there is only one (fritzrot) that has been reviewed according to the index thread...at least that is what I found.

I'm especially interested in this one... Fritz-Schimpf-morgenroete

@Chiroptera121, I've started doing mini-reviews (just writing samples, really) of all the Fritz Schimpf inks.

Hi, I'd really appreciate if someone could review some Pennonia inks. I'm particularly interested in the blues: Törökkék, Kékfény, Balaton-kék and  Csontváry-kék.

I couldn't find much information on these inks behaviour to decide whether to order any of them, and I do like their look. Any brief comparison to Pelikan or Pilot inks would help enormously. Thank you!

I'd love to see a review of Troublemaker Inks Lam-Ang. The swap from pure pens looks gorgeous, but the reviews of the other purple sheener, Dona Victorina, suggest it is a sticky stainer. In particular, how does Lam-Ang compare to Lamy Dark Violet (if possible) and is the copper sheen as exquisite as it looks in the Pure Pens swab?

I would be interested in a review of Bungubox Piano Mahogany, with perhaps a suggestion for doppelgangers.

5 minutes ago, IlikeInksandIcannotlie said:

I would be interested in a review of Bungubox Piano Mahogany, with perhaps a suggestion for doppelgangers.

Never mind, Mountain of Ink has a review on it.

A review of 3 oysters navy blue would be nice, even though Mountain of Ink has a review on it, because her bottle had probably gone bad. A review of Lennon Toolbar Atmospheric Night Sky, with some attention to UV/ bleach would be welcome.

• 1 month later...

Would like a review of Pennonia Gödényzöld, please. Seems like a gorgeous green with pinkish sheen, from what I could see on the LCDC page.

• PenBBS #398 Morning Ink

• PenBBS #401 Afternoon Ink

• PenBBS #179 Serenity Ink

• PenBBS #177 The Beaten Path Ink

• PenBBS #386 Out Of The Clouds Ink

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg