Pilot Knight

pvdiamon

Tmann-

Which Office Depot did you go to find that? Congrats on the pen!

Chainwhip,

The Bellevue Office Depot. It's on Main and 108th N.E., right next to the CompUSA.

TMann

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apollo

• KendallJ

• pvdiamon

• chainwhip

Tmann-

Which Office Depot did you go to find that?  Congrats on the pen!

Chainwhip,

The Bellevue Office Depot. It's on Main and 108th N.E., right next to the CompUSA.

TMann

Ha! Right up the street from my place - I'll have to drop by today.

You work at Overlake Hospital?

Geaux Tigers! Visça el Barça!

WTB: MB Kafka, Lamy Safari 2009 Orange, Pilot MYU (Black or Clear/White Stripe), Seiko FrankenTuna SKZ253 / SKZ255

*Note to self: Move out of the sticks! :bonk:

Evansville is hardly "the sticks," IMHO. If you want total cosmopolitan immersion in the USA, you'll have to pay the accompanying housing costs, car insurance premiums and car bodywork bills (body damage is a certainty in American cosmopolitan environments). It takes lots of shipping charges and long-distance shopping trips to equate that difference! :P

Speaking of the Pilot Knight, I'd have bought it if I'd discovered it earlier in my fountain pen hobby; now it is on my list of useful gift items.

The Pilot Knight is a great little pen. I believe this is now a regularly stocked item at Office Depot, although they only carry the fountain pen in silver.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

Do they carry Namiki bottled ink or cartridges? I didn't find them on my visit. It would be sad if they didn't carry refills for the pen. Oh, I don't recall seeing a converter with the Knight either.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." - Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President

Do they carry Namiki bottled ink or cartridges? I didn't find them on my visit. It would be sad if they didn't carry refills for the pen. Oh, I don't recall seeing a converter with the Knight either.

Sidney, the Knights at Office Depot come with 2 Namiki blue cartridges and an areometric converter inside the pen. They're packaged in clamshell packs and should be found where they stock their Cross, Yafa, Sensa and Waterman pens. Unfortunately, Office Depot doesn't carry any bottled inks.

Edited by Apollo
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

Apollo,

My local OfficeDepot stores carry both Quink and MontBlanc...only in black.

Randy

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books (John Wayne in "The Shootist")

Apollo,

Randy

Then my local Office Depot is lame. They only carry Parker, Waterman, and Cross cartridges. The Staples in town is the only one that carries bottled ink but it's only Parker Quink in black.

Apollo,

Randy

Then my local Office Depot is lame. They only carry Parker, Waterman, and Cross cartridges. The Staples in town is the only one that carries bottled ink but it's only Parker Quink in black.

I guess it's a trade-off. My OfficeDepot stores don't carry the Pilot Knight!

Randy

I guess it's a trade-off. My OfficeDepot stores don't carry the Pilot Knight!

Randy

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books (John Wayne in "The Shootist")

Sidney, the Knights at Office Depot come with 2 Namiki blue cartridges and an areometric converter inside the pen. They're packaged in clamshell packs and should be found where they stock their Cross, Yafa, Sensa and Waterman pens. Unfortunately, Office Depot doesn't carry any bottled inks.

Yes, I found the Knights in the Office Depots in my city. I saw that they come with two blue cartridges, but I do not recall the package stating that a converter is included. And Office Depot's fountain pen ink choices are pitiful.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." - Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President

Sidney, I bought a silver one at Office Depot, and although the package doesn't mention the converter, it's included inside the pen itself.

Got my black Pilot Knight (The Black Knight?) in the mail today from Pam. I liked the navy blue but, well I've got too many blue pens. Filled it with Waterman Florida Blue and scribbled a bit...writes great! Finer line than my Vanishing Point medium nib, I think. I love the clip design on the Knight.

Overall I agree with other comments, excellent pen for the price!

I have black Knight too. Just confirming to already said, great writer VERY smooth. But my sample is hard starter after sitting unused (day or two). Anybody else has that problem? Is it typical or I need to contact Pilot on that matter?

I have black Knight too. Just confirming to already said, great writer VERY smooth. But my sample is hard starter after sitting unused (day or two). Anybody else has that problem? Is it typical or I need to contact Pilot on that matter?

Ditto here... I left mine sit for a few days and it didn't start.

Once it did, it was all good. I'll try some other inks to see this happens again.

Geaux Tigers! Visça el Barça!

WTB: MB Kafka, Lamy Safari 2009 Orange, Pilot MYU (Black or Clear/White Stripe), Seiko FrankenTuna SKZ253 / SKZ255

Does the Pilot Knight come in a fine or extra-fine nib?

Hi Mac. No, the Knight only comes with a medium nib. Remember that being a Japanese-made pen, the nib runs a little narrower so it writes more like a fine compared to Watermans, Lamys, etc.

After reading some comments in this forum and Stylophiles review, I decided to pick one up at our local Office Depot. I bought the matte silver finish. The medium nib is definitely a fine when compared to most US and European nib sizes. As a matter of fact, I think it's right in between my VP's fine and medium nibs. Great weight and balance, as well as size. After investing many $$$ in my collection (a little over 130 pens), I'm finding it hard to believe that this one was only $40. It will undoubtedly end up accompanying me often! :D

Edited by jmk

• 6 months later...

Office Depot misquoted me $10 less than actual price and honored it. Plus, I had a $30 reward card, so that would mean I paid only $4.99. :D Can't beat the price. It's a great writer, very much like my VPs, but the bands near the nib was very uncomfortable. Maybe because I write fast?? My hubby was very happy to take it off my hands.

My Pilot Knight did the same. After using the converter to fill and empty with water several times, I haven't experienced the problem.