FPN PEN CAP REPLACEMENT LIST

Titivillus

I'm not sending my pen. The yellowing continues to go away and can barely be seen. I never had an issue with the logo

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Titivillus

• GirchyGirchy

• Gerry

• KCat

I'll keep my cap as is.

Sensitive Pen Restoration doesn't cost extra.

Find me on Facebook at MONOMOY VINTAGE PEN

Given that there is limited stock available my name can be removed from the list as well to allow someone with much more yellowing than my FPN LE to have it replaced. The yellowing on mine is not all the noticeable and if Elaine is correct, will hopefully recede even more. Hey, by retaining the original pen the LE is becoming even more limited!!

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try" Mark Twain (American Humourist, Writer and Lecturer. 1835-1910)

I wonder if the yellowing will recede or get better with time (not to change anyone's mind about whether to keep their cap or not) because when I received my pen, it looked fine, but over time, I've noticed the yellow band get more visible. To me, that says the older it gets, the more pronounced it'll become. That's why I'm choosing to return mine and it wouldn't bother me if they didn't have enough stock to cut a new cap, the barrel being the color it is makes it special. I would think a dark blue cap to match the engraved end piece would look nice too.

Given the fact that the yellowing on my pen is relatively minor, and that the liklihood is for the yellowing to diminish rather than get worse, you may take my name off the list. I also understand that there is a very limited supply of material available so I'd prefer that someone with a more severe problem have the opportunity to get a replacement of the defective part.

Thanks to everyone involved for getting answers and working on behalf of buyers as myself. Your help is very greatly appreciated.

Given the limited volume of material available, I'll just go ahead and keep my pen the way it is. The yellow never bothered me that much, and the logo position seems fine to me. Just wanted to help keep whatever lists are out there updated.

Don

I wonder if they could make new caps with the dark blue acrylic....that would look spiffy. :)

Talk to Bexley maybe they would make the new cap out of blue material.

T

I'm very satisified with my FPN pen. I can't see any yellow on the cap. The "FPN" is indeed off center, but it doesn't bother me. :)

Judybug

So many pens, so little time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My Blog: Bywater Wisdom

Just out of curiosity, what happened to, "We may be able to remove the yellow line, or we will provide totally new cap assemblies, which ever we need to do. WE WANT HAPPY CUSTOMERS. That is our goal. This will be done at no charge including return shipping"?

Please remove my name from the list. There's no point in sending the pen back on the off-chance that they might do something to fix it.

Kurt, thank you very much for your work in getting a final answer from Bexley. That the answer turned out to be a variant on "You pays your money and you takes your chances" is hardly your fault.

Have to add my "nevermind" to the list. Thank you, Kurt for all your work. I'll consider the yellowing a "feature." :P

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Perhaps it would be helpful Kurt to summarize the reply from Howard, and since the numbers have decreased quite a bit - see if he is now able to meet the demand.

As I am International - I think it's best for me to keep the cap as is myself too, to avoid the border hassle.

Regards,

Gerry

Perhaps it would be helpful Kurt to summarize the reply from Howard, and since the numbers have decreased quite a bit - see if he is now able to meet the demand.

What's all the fuss about the pen shouldn't the maker do the repairs to it?

low

Edited by Low_key

-Always look on the bright side of life

As I am International - I think it's best for me to keep the cap as is myself too, to avoid the border hassle.

Regards,

Gerry

Just got my internet back working so excuse the delay

What I posted was a summary of Howard's reply there wasn't anything left out.

The total number has decreased by around 20% so there is a better chance of getting a pen fixed.

My only suggestion is if you aren't really happy with the whole situation email Bexley directly and say so. Maybe some feedback would be helpful.

It seems that if you do a one off with them they are extremely helpful but maybe this amount of pens has caused them some problems.

T

What's all the fuss about the pen shouldn't the maker do the repairs to it?

low

I'm guessing you're new based on the low number of posts. I could be wrong. The best way to understand all this is to read the threads on the cap yellowing in the Writing Instruments forum.

KCat

Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

I wonder if this is going to affect Bexley's reputation.

It will for this group - it has. But it can be repaired (the reputation) with time and attention to customer service in the future. I believe Conway Stewart went through a rough time a few years ago and they endeavored to resolve the situation and salvaged their rep.

However, Bexley has enough of a following and there are enough folks who really want to see a US-based pen maker succeed that I think they'll recover sooner rather than later and that this is not a huge blow to them. But a blow nonetheless.

Thank you, Kurt. I can't imagine they don't know how we're feeling on this. I don't personally see any point in writing them because 1) I've accepted a flawed pen and will live with it and 2) if they *aren't* monitoring this situation then I think they're making a big mistake but my saying so won't impact them. I doubt b is true.

KCat

I wonder if this is going to affect Bexley's reputation.

It will for this group - it has. But it can be repaired (the reputation) with time and attention to customer service in the future. I believe Conway Stewart went through a rough time a few years ago and they endeavored to resolve the situation and salvaged their rep.

However, Bexley has enough of a following and there are enough folks who really want to see a US-based pen maker succeed that I think they'll recover sooner rather than later and that this is not a huge blow to them. But a blow nonetheless.

Thank you, Kurt. I can't imagine they don't know how we're feeling on this. I don't personally see any point in writing them because 1) I've accepted a flawed pen and will live with it and 2) if they *aren't* monitoring this situation then I think they're making a big mistake but my saying so won't impact them. I doubt b is true.

I'm not sure they are monitoring the situation and everyone's voice is important.

T

A very appreciative thanks to Kurt for all his hard work on this problem. It is such a huge shame that this problem ruined what would otherwise have been a really joyous and wondeful circumstance for all involved.

I love the pen. It's a great writer and I'm not going to do anything about the cap.

In teaching my kids, (school and biological) about caring for others, I realize how important it is to acknowledge that you made a mistake (if you did) and then fix it. I am confused about this situation with Bexley and really wish that the company would make some sort of statement because I would like to buy their products in the future but hesitate because of what has occurred here.