Blue and Purple Ink samples have been received!

Admin

They are currently being processed. There are 5 blues, and 8 purple/plum/magenta A sampler is being made by Elaine (swab, medium nib, 2mm italic, and flex of each color) prior to distributing the rest to the other admins. Elaine will try her best to scan/photograph the sampler so that it is as true to color as possible.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/elainepnj/samples.jpg

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elaine

• PelikanPenman

• wimg

• HeathnKara

Thank you, Admin Team!!! We appreciate your hard work.

Lisa

:clap1:

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

Will the bottles come with that cool handwritten taped on label?

No, but they can be had that way as limited edition labels. I'll prepare one for you. The cost will only be $10 more. Where else can you get a limited edition for only $10 more than the rest? :ltcapd:

Hmm, seriously though (sort of), we could auction off the original sample bottles. :eureka: Empty of course.

Edited by Elaine

Elaine,

You've probably thought of this, but if not, I'll throw it out there. If possible, could you use some well-known blue/purple inks on the sample sheet for comparison? That'd be a handy way to see how the samples match up with what we may already have.

Thanks for doing all of this!

Brian

If possible, could you use some well-known blue/purple inks on the sample sheet for comparison? That'd be a handy way to see how the samples match up with what we may already have.

Excellent suggestion! :thumbup:

Viseguy

Elaine,

You've probably thought of this, but if not, I'll throw it out there. If possible, could you use some well-known blue/purple inks on the sample sheet for comparison? That'd be a handy way to see how the samples match up with what we may already have.

Thanks for doing all of this!

Brian

GREAT IDEA... ESPECIALLY PR MOJO, SHEAFFER, WATERMAN AND PELIKAN...

Still seeking the One Pen to Rule Them All...

Purples do not scan well, DAMHIK.... I would suggest shooting them at high resolution with a good digital camera in natural light....

Well as close as natural light as you can get in the NY/NJ area... :rolleyes: :unsure:

Well as close as natural light as you can get in the NY/NJ area... :rolleyes: :unsure:

Okey Dokey, let's see how fast ink will travel from NJ to MD. Not fast I suspect :glare:

Mama Duck, first just let me say, thank you for your efforts in this project, second Woooo Hooooo they are in! I look forward to seeing your scans/photos, is today too soon? Just kidding.

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Winston Churchill

Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.

Winston Churchill

Soon? I've been swept up with a bunch of unexpected things coming at me. I hope to get the samples to the other admins to the post office tomorrow. I'll try to get photos done of my samplers and post them. I'd kind of like to wait until the other admins have their samples, so we could view multiple samplers of the same inks. Otherwise we're limited to just my technical skill at reproduction.

Okey dokey. I've got all the samples ready to be flung across the globe (Malaysia, Netherlands, Canada, UK, Louisiana USA, Ireland).

Whomever said that reproducing the purple/plums/magentas was going to be next to impossible was soo right. I'll keep working on it. Hopefully if I can't get it right, one of the other admins can so we can present the samples on the board.

This is what each admin is getting:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/elainepnj/samples-1.jpg

Elaine, since you are sending off to the UK any way, just drop a batch to Ipswich also :thumbup: !

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Winston Churchill

Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.

Winston Churchill

Elaine, since you are sending off to the UK any way, just drop a batch to Ipswich also :thumbup: !

Do you see how much is in each tube?! :headsmack: Seriously, I wish I could send a sample to anyone who asks.

Hey, send me the samples...I have a 15 year old who can get the colors right....

Thanks for the offer. I just found out that one of the admins can get it right with a calibrated monitor and all sorts of stuff that's over my head.

Elaine do we have a time scale or estimated date for the scans to be posted? Just curious, not trying to rush, okay maybe just a bit as I am wanting to see what they look like!

Thanks again for doing this FPN Admins! :thumbup:

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill