Vacumatic filling mechanism spring

edgarryan

The spring on my Vacumatic filling mechanism is still attached to the pellet cup at the bottom, but the other end is not. Where does it go, and how do I reattach it to the part above?

20240629_023829.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• edgarryan

• FarmBoy

• bsenn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, bsenn said:

Looks like the spring corroded such that the large end is no longer connected to the rest of the spring. See information here: https://www.restorersart.com/breaking-down-a-parker-vacumatic-filler-unit/

Brian

As far as I can tell, the spring may be rusty but still retains its flexibility. I have a feeling that this is a refurbished piece, since the larger coil of the spring is attached to the pellet holder, when it should be the other way around. I will try to remove it without breaking the pellet holder.

The top of the spring is rusted off. 

You can purchase exact replacement springs and reproduction pellet cups. 

The cup end of the spring is in a slot going through the shaft. 

Don’t break the shaft. 

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

On 7/6/2024 at 2:01 AM, FarmBoy said:

The top of the spring is rusted off. 

You can purchase exact replacement springs and reproduction pellet cups. 

The cup end of the spring is in a slot going through the shaft. 

Don’t break the shaft. 

Yes, there are replacement springs being sold, but I still do not know how to attach the top of the spring to the other end. The bottom end of the spring is still attached to the shaft and pellet cup.

The top of the spring is flailed out so that it will not go through the sleeve. The bottom tail is inserted in a slit the shaft under the pellet cup. 

the spring is broken. 

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.