• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gdbbsjxk

• corniche

• Olya

• Mercian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might be wrong, but I think that the pen is a fake.

If you haven’t bought it yet, my advice is that you shouldn’t buy it.

If you have already bought it, enjoy it while it lasts (if it works reliably).

I am not going to tell you what convinces me that it is a fake.

Why?

Because if I were to do that, the criminal scumbags who make and try to sell fake pens would be able to read what it is about the pen that looks suspicious, and would then know what adjustments they need to make to their shonky knock-offs in order to make them look less-obviously fake.

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

1 hour ago, Mercian said:

I am not going to tell you what convinces me that it is a fake.

Why?

Because if I were to do that, the criminal scumbags who make and try to sell fake pens would be able to read what it is about the pen that looks suspicious, and would then know what adjustments they need to make to their shonky knock-offs in order to make them look less-obviously fake.

Your opinion about fakers is an excellent one.

Hi there,

I'm afraid I agree with Mercian. I, too, do not want to mention my suspicions publicly, but if you shoot me a PM, I'll clue you in on the error I discovered because I don't want to see you get burned again.

- Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

What makes you think it's fake?

Looks like a standard issue new version IM to me. I tried looking for mine, which I bought when the reissue came out, but can't find it.

The IM isn't known to be faked and I doubt it would be very profitable, it isn't exactly a sought-after pen.

You need to be careful with Sonnets, but IMs, Urbans, Jotters et al.. not so much.

1 hour ago, Olya said:

What makes you think it's fake?

Looks like a standard issue new version IM to me. I tried looking for mine, which I bought when the reissue came out, but can't find it.

The IM isn't known to be faked and I doubt it would be very profitable, it isn't exactly a sought-after pen.

You need to be careful with Sonnets, but IMs, Urbans, Jotters et al.. not so much.

19 minutes ago, Gdbbsjxk said:

But 2 people already said it has a high chance of being fake, also can you reply to my other post? https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/371046-is-this-parker-21-real-if-so-can-you-tell-me-the-value-and-if-it’s-rare-or-not/

Hi Olya, Gdb,

I'm just gonna say it... to me, the lettering on the cap band looked primitive. If you go to Parker's website, the lettering is sharp, with deep and even engraving. The lettering on Gdb's pen, doesn't look that great. That's what made me suspicious at first glance.

https://www.parkerpen.com/parker-IM-pens.html

"Bootlegging" and piracy often happens on entry-level items... it's not just MontBlanc's and Rolex watches that get duped. Even Hero pens from China are getting bootlegged.  The profit margins are often greater for economy items because they're sold in much greater numbers.

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

From the photos I would also be a tad suspicious.

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

1 hour ago, corniche said:

Hi Olya, Gdb,

I'm just gonna say it... to me, the lettering on the cap band looked primitive. If you go to Parker's website, the lettering is sharp, with deep and even engraving. The lettering on Gdb's pen, doesn't look that great. That's what made me suspicious at first glance.

"Bootlegging" and piracy often happens on entry-level items... it's not just MontBlanc's and Rolex watches that get duped. Even Hero pens from China are getting bootlegged.  The profit margins are often greater for economy items because they're sold in much greater numbers.

I wouldn't trust prettied-up website pics either 🙈 Selling low quality products, hiding the flaws and emphasizing the pretty with post-production isn't unusal...

55 minutes ago, Gdbbsjxk said:

Seems you came into some Parker pens, seem all genuine to me.

34 minutes ago, Olya said:

I wouldn't trust prettied-up website pics either 🙈 Selling low quality products, hiding the flaws and emphasizing the pretty with post-production isn't unusal...

Seems you came into some Parker pens, seem all genuine to me.

Hi Olya,

There's a big difference between photoshopping a pic to "brighten" it up a bit and completely transforming the shape and quality of the font. To the extent it is here, (comparing Parker's pics and Gdb's), you could almost make a legal case against Parker for fraud in trade.

I still say the pen is a fake. Unless, perhaps, it was made in Parker's Indian factory. I'm not very familiar with their operations, but from what I have been given to understand, they operate on sub-par protocols compared to the other production facilities. However, I do not know if any IM's are made in India... and if any of those pens are exported outside of India.

9 hours ago, corniche said:

Hi Olya, Gdb,

A bunch of Parkers and Watermans are made in China these days, pretty sure that includes the IM, which is why it doesn't state anymore where it's made.

The lettering on the website looks sharpened up in post-production to me, but who knows.

The Luxor India Parkers are for India only, I think.

To be honest...your username, the way you've posed the original question, and your subsequent replies, makes me think you know it's fake, and you're testing the water to see if anyone would spot it before you start selling them.

Just saying