Inoxcrom ID review

Azulado

A few weeks ago I bought an Inoxcrom ID from a Brazilian second-hand e-shop. As the seller claimed, it had never been used. The fountain pen had been in its box for at least 24 years. Its condition was as if it had just left the factory.
The Inoxcrom ID was launched in 1993 as a fountain pen and biros. Traditionally, the brand had been dedicated to producing replicas under licence from Parker pens. In order to create other types of models, it opened a design department. The ID was its first fountain pen.
The model was intended for the German market, as an affordable option. But it was also widely used for merchandising, both in Spain and abroad. The initial version, the one shown in the photos, had a metal barrel with a black plastic end. The cap was black and screwed onto the barrel. Although the threads are plastic and the barrel thread is metal, I have not noticed any signs of abrasion.L The section is also made of the same plastic as the cap, with concavities to ensure grip. The appearance of the plastic is good. The build quality is excellent. The impression in the hand is much better than from the photos. The only weak point is that the sealing of the cap is not perfect, although I have had no problems with the ink drying, it just appears a little darker on the first lines.
As for the nib, it uses a fine of medium size (Inoxcrom classified them as large, medium, small and base). As far as I know, it was not offered in other widths. The nib is well polished and writing is pleasant, with good flow and appreciable feedback. The ID uses the feeder from the Inoxcrom Caravel, a luxury model similar to the MB 149 that the brand had to withdraw from the market due to complaints from the German firm.
The ID remained in the catalogue until 1998. There were versions with plastic elements in different colours. In addition, there was a series dedicated to Disney (still easily found on the internet). Conceptually, I associate it with the Lamy CP1 and Nexx, something in between.
As for the fact that it was intended for the German market, it must be taken into account that Diplomat was the distributor of Inoxcrom in Germany and the two companies had a very good relationship, their owners were friends. Inoxcrom even made the Classic for Diplomat, a twin model of the Spanish Corinthians, which in turn was inspired by the Omas Paragon. The managers of the Spanish brand said that they copied a lot and copied it well.
For those who want to know more details about the Inoxcrom Id, I refer you to the blog Pluma Hispana, from where I got most of the information.

http://plumahispana.blogspot.com/2018/02/inoxcrom-id-revisada-de-la-web.html

Inoxcrom ID 1.jpg

Inoxcrom ID 2.jpg

Inoxcrom ID 3.jpg

Inoxcrom ID nib.jpg

Inoxcrom ID feed.jpg

photo_2023-03-18_11-46-37.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Azulado