A bit of fun... 'You have 30 seconds to decide. You can only ever have one fountain pen. Which is it to be?'

51ISH

4 hours ago, Toolattack said:

I'm not trying to be controversial @mizgeorge, but I've always thought the clip on the Soennecken 111 looks bent - or maybe 'wavy' would be better!

Those facets are just another thing I love about it ;)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 51ISH

• corniche

• inkstainedruth

• Mercian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Aurora 88, at least that is what came to mind first.

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Sailor Profit "B" nib running Van Dieman's Night - Shooting Star

I know I'm in the minority here but my one pen to rule them all is the GvFC Intuition. Too bad they didn't make more colors because it is sadly discontinued for a few years. I luckily have 4 of them. I don't have a fluted one though.

On 3/13/2023 at 12:28 AM, 51ISH said:

No, it doesn't have to be your own pen. You are more than welcome to your turquoise Soennecken 111 in any size you'd prefer.:thumbup:

Ah, this changes things. Then I will go with my grail pen..Pelikan m1000 Maki-e Fantasia, though I have never used a m1000 and have no ideea how ergonomic it will be for me.

24 minutes ago, Waltz For Zizi said:

Ah, this changes things. Then I will go with my grail pen..Pelikan m1000 Maki-e Fantasia, though I have never used a m1000 and have no ideea how ergonomic it will be for me.

Walltz for Zizi... My guess is you are a man...that's fine, so am I...:thumbup:

You are obviously easily swayed by a gorgeous looking lady...the problem is, you have no idea how that lovely lady will feel when held in your hands, and whether whatever nib you choose will write half as good as you think it will.... Sometimes it's better the 'girl you know'....🤣🤣🤣   Sometimes the grass isn't always greener..... but I guess sometimes it is...:thumbup:

8 hours ago, Waltz For Zizi said:

I know I'm in the minority here but my one pen to rule them all is the GvFC Intuition. Too bad they didn't make more colors because it is sadly discontinued for a few years. I luckily have 4 of them. I don't have a fluted one though.

Martini auctions in Germany is selling 20 intuitions.

I own a red one with two OM and M nibs and i have to admit it is an all time keeper. 

https://www.martiniauctions.com/browse/search_category/Intuition_700.html

7 minutes ago, EricTheRed said:

My Pelikan M1000 with its juicy fine nib.

I really must get me a Pelikan...

You have no idea how much time I spent on the Pelikan site around 10-12 years ago

That reissue of the 'proper' tourtouiseshell.... 🥰  Just out of my budget at the time :sad:

large.PXL_20230124_012815121.jpg.ff182b89e108ad776a22f066c8f65d87.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

6 minutes ago, amberleadavis said:

😛   What is that ink?  Not quite sure what's going on with my fascination for green inks at the moment 🤔

7 minutes ago, 51ISH said:

😛   What is that ink?  Not quite sure what's going on with my fascination for green inks at the moment 🤔

Iroshizuku Shin Ryoku

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Parker Duofold International with a medium italic nib, which was made in the late 1990s.  The way it writes meets my Platonic ideal of a pen.  

Super easy: Nakaya Piccolo Cigar, kuro-tamenuri (Pilot #15 PO nib), the first pen on the left (inked with Sailor Kiwaguro).

20230318_132502.thumb.jpg.763e4a7e7ede70e56d92350e4146ce7c.jpg

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

31 minutes ago, ethernautrix said:

Super easy: Nakaya Piccolo Cigar, kuro-tamenuri (Pilot #15 PO nib), the first pen on the left (inked with Sailor Kiwaguro).

20230318_132502.thumb.jpg.763e4a7e7ede70e56d92350e4146ce7c.jpg

:thumbup: Thanks for posting the picture!

On 3/17/2023 at 5:14 AM, RayRay said:

Parker Duofold International with a medium italic nib, which was made in the late 1990s.  The way it writes meets my Platonic ideal of a pen.  

That is a great pen :) 👍

What's body colour?

All the best is only beginning now...

On 3/17/2023 at 1:10 AM, 51ISH said:

I really must get me a Pelikan...

I recommend that you make a trip to Newport (the one near Cardiff) to visit Pure Pens (contact them first).

This is what I did when buying my M805.

They stock most currently-produced Pelikans, and they will let you try out the different sizes and different nibs, so that you will leave with the pen/nib that is best for you.

Of course, they also stock loads of other brands of pens, including Japanese ones, and they have a large range of inks too. So the trip could easily become very expensive 😁

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

13 minutes ago, Mercian said:

I recommend that you make a trip to Newport (the one near Cardiff) to visit Pure Pens (contact them first).

This is what I did when buying my M805.

They stock most currently-produced Pelikans, and they will let you try out the different sizes and different nibs, so that you will leave with the pen/nib that is best for you.

Of course, they also stock loads of other brands of pens, including Japanese ones, and they have a large range of inks too. So the trip could easily become very expensive 😁

Thanks for the info. Good to know :thumbup:

48 minutes ago, TheRedBeard said:

That is a great pen :) 👍

What's body colour?

I have two of the Parker Duofold International, both in black, one with gold trim and the other with platinum trim.  

On 3/16/2023 at 9:16 PM, amberleadavis said:

Amber, that is a beautiful pen, and I love your handwriting.  Is that a stub/italic nib, and if so, how did you obtain it?  The retailers I am aware of only carry F/M/B sizes.