Blue Pen Club- Show Me Your Blue Pens!

Penguincollector

48 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

Nice! I love that cedar blue shade, and the blue diamond clip.

Thank you for sharing your pens! How do you like the 601? I’m considering one as I found 14k replacement nibs on AliExpress. The lil’ Tuckaway is adorable!

I love the WS 601 so much I got three, and one's pale blue.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Penguincollector

• Misfit

• ZeroDukE

• Bo Bo Olson

40 minutes ago, amper said:

Since I ended up taking a picture this morning, here's my currently inked pens:

332985992_2176633172521438_5175008261437601179_n.jpg

The blue pens with the blueing look amazing! In the transparent blue, it looks like a gradient. 

17 minutes ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

I love the WS 601 so much I got three, and one's pale blue.

That’s great news! Do you happen to know what the difference is between the 601 & 601a?

Top 5 of 23 currently inked pens:

Namiki Origami Tradition maki-e Penguin F, Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku

Sailor X Sakazaki Penguin Pro Gear Slim MF, Sailor Manyo Konagi

Lamy 2000 EF, Diamine Purple Bow

Platinum Hibiscus SF short-long, Platinum Green

Indigo Bronze TWSBI Eco 1.1 Stub, De Atramentis Columbia Blue-Copper 

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

On 2/25/2023 at 5:27 PM, Penguincollector said:

The Studio has been on my list for a bit, but I keep hearing about finish issues, especially under the clip.- how’s your pen doing?

Got mine second hand, already had a chip under the clip which I don't notice since I rarely use the clip; I proceeded to put a tiny but of clear tape under all my Studio clips for peace of mind.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

1 hour ago, Penguincollector said:

Nice! I love that cedar blue shade, and the blue diamond clip.

Thank you for sharing your pens! How do you like the 601? I’m considering one as I found 14k replacement nibs on AliExpress. The lil’ Tuckaway is adorable!

I quite like the 601.  It is my everyday work desk pen.  I like the ink window in it.  I will have to check out AliExpress for a gold nib. I am keen on the Tuckaway also.  I need to find a new barrel for it as the one it has is cracked.  I tried to repair it without success, so it is taped now so I can use it - it is my pocket pen when I am out and about.

34 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

The blue pens with the blueing look amazing! In the transparent blue, it looks like a gradient. 

That’s great news! Do you happen to know what the difference is between the 601 & 601a?

As far as I can tell from looking at vendor pictures, it is a difference in nibs: the 601 has a hooded nib like the Parker 51, and the 601a has an open nib very similar to Sheaffer's Triumph nib.

2 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

What LBKINDY said.  The 601 has a hooded nib.  The 601-a has a tubular, Triumph-like nib.  I have one of those, too.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

@LBKINDY @Sailor Kenshin thank you both!

I guess you could say they are somewhat like the 51 and VP.

4 hours ago, mallymal1 said:

Conway Stewarts in blue...

spacer.png

spacer.png

💙💙🙏

😳😍

Song of the week: “Someday” (One Republic)

If your car has them, make sure to change your timing belts every 80-100,000 miles. (Or shorter if specified in the manual)

6 hours ago, usk15 said:

blue1.jpg

blue2.jpg

blue3.jpg

What a gorgeous collection! I love the variety of shades and the gold trim. The family of Parkers in the middle are particularly attractive.

5 hours ago, mallymal1 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

💙💙🙏

Wow, just wow. Your collection continues to amaze me. Some of those patterns are really eye catching- the 10th pen from the left in the top picture- what is that pattern called?

5 hours ago, mallymal1 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

💙💙🙏

Thank you for sharing your beautiful Conway Stewart collection! I have a handful of CS pens and really appreciate this great vintage pen brand. The variety of celluloid and other materials they used is amazing. I've never seen some of the patterns you show.

I have one of the reverse cracked ice, but unfortunately there is some warping in the cap. Some CS pens are a bit fragile.

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, dipper said:

A blue Ahab - with Jinhao fude nib.

large.IMG_20230228_221111-01.jpeg.225b6131df146b546a9eb939af80f0b9.jpeg

I love fude nibs! I want my next 100 or 51a to have one.  The swirls on that pen!  Is it one of the stinky pens? 

On 2/27/2023 at 4:32 PM, Penguincollector said:

@mallymal1-I just noticed your True Blue! I’m in love with that Duofold- have been since it debuted. One day I’ll score one. 

I too was struck by the True Blue when it was first released. It took 10 years to get there, but eventually, I could sit down and enjoy writing with one.

18 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

Some of those patterns are really eye catching- the 10th pen from the left in the top picture- what is that pattern called?

That would be the Herringbone pattern. Also available in red and green as standard.

I think most vintage Conway Stewart marbles, hatches, and herringbones came in red, blue, and green versions as standard.

17 hours ago, Nyoko said:

I have one of the reverse cracked ice, but unfortunately there is some warping in the cap. Some CS pens are a bit fragile.

Agreed. I have a reverse cracked ice where the cap has split (disintegrated) all the way round!  🙁

Fortunately, it's only some CS pens.  🙂

spacer.png

2 hours ago, mallymal1 said:

cracked ice where the cap has split (disintegrated) all the way round!  🙁

Looks like the cracked ice lives up to its name 🙃

Song of the week: “Someday” (One Republic)

If your car has them, make sure to change your timing belts every 80-100,000 miles. (Or shorter if specified in the manual)

5 hours ago, The Elevator said:

Looks like the cracked ice lives up to its name 🙃

:lticaptd:yes indeedy.

22 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

Is it one of the stinky pens? 

(My swirly blue Noodlers Ahab)...  Yes, it smells like a month-dead Blue Whale.