Blue Pen Club- Show Me Your Blue Pens!

Penguincollector

spacer.png

Left to right: Perfecto 114; this one surprised me with its depth of colour; Pelikan M605; Pelikan M205; Lamy Studio; Pelikan m120, you have to see it in person to appreciate the depth of the hue; Sailor Professional Gear Midnight Sky, which you could argue is not blue.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Penguincollector

• Misfit

• ZeroDukE

• Bo Bo Olson

2 hours ago, amper said:

I'm not going to bother with a picture, since my pens are quite common, but my daily writers are a TWSBI ECO-T Blue EF for most writing, and a TWSBI ECO Transparent Blue 1.1 mm stub italic for signatures and cheque writing. Both are filled with Mrs. Stewart's Concentrated Liquid Bluing (Prussian Blue pigment ink).

Prussian blue is one of my favorite colors., if I were to buy a  TWSBI, it would be the one that comes in that shade, or the Classic in blue.

46 minutes ago, Number99 said:

Three Blue Parker 45 .

Standard (color name unknown) and Blue Coronet.

large.IMG_1733.JPG.42335958d6c39882304698a320f431cc.JPG

Recently acquired Flighter .

large.image.jpg.7e787b509713aae34d9305b260418f31.jpg

Parker 45s are really having a moment, and you have such lovely examples. The first one looks like either teal blue or aqua to me. Thank you for sharing them. 

45 minutes ago, senzen said:

spacer.png

Left to right: Perfecto 114; this one surprised me with its depth of colour; Pelikan M605; Pelikan M205; Lamy Studio; Pelikan m120, you have to see it in person to appreciate the depth of the hue; Sailor Professional Gear Midnight Sky, which you could argue is not blue.

The M120 iconic blue is on my short list, as iis a blue M200/05 and a blue M400. I really want a blue Pelikan and will need to see what the Penguin has in stock when it’s time to buy. That Perfecto is also a stunner. The Studio has been on my list for a bit, but I keep hearing about finish issues, especially under the clip.- how’s your pen doing?

Top 5 of 23 currently inked pens:

Namiki Origami Tradition maki-e Penguin F, Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku

Sailor X Sakazaki Penguin Pro Gear Slim MF, Sailor Manyo Konagi

Lamy 2000 EF, Diamine Purple Bow

Platinum Hibiscus SF short-long, Platinum Green

Indigo Bronze TWSBI Eco 1.1 Stub, De Atramentis Columbia Blue-Copper 

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Here's mine. Cross Townsend blue quartz, Visconti Van Gough wheat field with crows, Visconti VG wheat field with thunderclouds, Parker 51 mk 3 midnight blue, Parker 51 mk 2 midnight blue.

IMG_20230226_002230085.jpg

17 minutes ago, sandy101 said:

Here's mine. Cross Townsend blue quartz, Visconti Van Gough wheat field with crows, Visconti VG wheat field with thunderclouds, Parker 51 mk 2 midnight blue, Parker 51 mk 3 midnight blue.

IMG_20230226_002230085.jpg

Edited by Penguincollector
I don’t know what is going on with this post and I can’t fix it.

@sandy101, those are so pretty! I love Cross pens . The gold capped 51s are my favorite, I wish I had a blue one- mine is green. Both Viscontis remind me of the sea.

On 2/23/2023 at 11:45 AM, RalphP said:

Probably one of my most favorite Blue Pens - Custom made Parker 51 in Blue Pearl...

image.png.61cc240f259477f104ab96ea3e518378.png

That is just... stunning.  I. Want. One!

"Nothing is new under the sun!  Even the thing of which we say, “See, this is new!” has already existed in the ages that preceded us." Ecclesiastes

3 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

The first one looks like either teal blue or aqua to me. 

I forgot there was a teal blue.

Standard teal blue and Arrow teal blue, but the standard and Arrow colors are different. It may be the difference in the material batch.

I thought it would be turquoise, but wasn't sure...

But if this is aqua blue, it is a very rare item.

It is too bright for turquoise and not transparent enough for aqua blue...

large.IMG_1738.JPG.a837335349ddd01717a3c04340ffdf53.JPG

Edited by Number99

Parkers in blue...

spacer.png

Left to right...

Frontier, Reflex, 17, Vector, 21, Vacumatic, Duofold Jnr., Duofold Centennial MkI, Duofold Centennial True Blue, 45 Classic CT x 5, 45 Classic GT x 2, 45 Arrow CT, 45 ball pen, 45 Custom x 2, 45 TX x 2, 45 Coronet, 45 15 x 2.

💙

Here's a quick shot of the Parker 45 blue/green shades I have. 

I've used parkerpens.net and parker45pens.com as references. I think I have it right, but I'm no expert, just a guy who likes his pens.

spacer.png

Left to right...

P45 Classic CT Dark/Midnight Blue x 2, P45 Classic CT Vista Blue / Turquoise, P45 Arrow CT Teal Blue x 2, P45 Classic GT (Argentina) Teal Blue, P45 Classic GT Forest Green x 2.

Personally I don't "see" the vista or teals as blues, I "see" them as greens. 

I'm on the lookout for the Light/Aqua Blue if anyone can help?  🙏

1 hour ago, mallymal1 said:

Here's a quick shot of the Parker 45 blue/green shades I have. 

I've used parkerpens.net and parker45pens.com as references. I think I have it right, but I'm no expert, just a guy who likes his pens.

spacer.png

Left to right...

P45 Classic CT Dark/Midnight Blue x 2, P45 Classic CT Vista Blue / Turquoise, P45 Arrow CT Teal Blue x 2, P45 Classic GT (Argentina) Teal Blue, P45 Classic GT Forest Green x 2.

Personally I don't "see" the vista or teals as blues, I "see" them as greens. 

I'm on the lookout for the Light/Aqua Blue if anyone can help?  🙏

Apparently we have the same problem...

My bright blue pen looks the same color as your turquoise...

It also looks like a different color...

If I were to get one for comparison, I don't think I could find aqua blue on the market, and even if I could, I don't feel like buying it because I expect it to be quite expensive...

😅

Edited by Number99

3 hours ago, mallymal1 said:

Parkers in blue...

That’s a lovely collection 👍

But it is, surely, self-evident that it will remain ‘worryingly incomplete’ until you acquire a “51” in ‘Midnight Blue’… 😉

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

Hi Everyone! This is a great thread. Really enjoy the photos of your blue pens.

Here are some of the blue pens that are currently in my and my wife's collection. There are both vintage and modern pens. It's good to document pens in color groups like this because we will no doubt sell some of them in the future.

bluepens-group1.JPG

bluepens-group2.JPG

bluepens-group3.JPG

Here are some of my favorites!  Obviously, I prefer vintage!

From the left:  Esterbrook transitional, Esterbrook J, Esterbrook SJ, Esterbrook LJ Icicle,Sheaffer Persian Blue Fat Touchdown, Sheaffer Pastel Blue Clipper, Waterman's Starlet, Parker Lady Duofold Lapis Blue-on-blue, Parker Lady Duofold Lapis White-on-Blue, Parker Vacumatic Standard Azure, Parker Striped Duofold, Parker 51 Cedar Blue

IMG_20230226_152207150.jpg

4 hours ago, Nyoko said:

Hi Everyone! This is a great thread. Really enjoy the photos of your blue pens.

Here are some of the blue pens that are currently in my and my wife's collection. There are both vintage and modern pens. It's good to document pens in color groups like this because we will no doubt sell some of them in the future.

bluepens-group1.JPG

bluepens-group2.JPG

bluepens-group3.JPG

Nice collection- keep me in mind if you do sell some-I buy blue pens!

20 minutes ago, cherylmarie said:

Here are some of my favorites!  Obviously, I prefer vintage!

From the left:  Esterbrook transitional, Esterbrook J, Esterbrook SJ, Esterbrook LJ Icicle,Sheaffer Persian Blue Fat Touchdown, Sheaffer Pastel Blue Clipper, Waterman's Starlet, Parker Lady Duofold Lapis Blue-on-blue, Parker Lady Duofold Lapis White-on-Blue, Parker Vacumatic Standard Azure, Parker Striped Duofold, Parker 51 Cedar Blue

IMG_20230226_152207150.jpg

Gorgeous, I love all eras of pens but mid 1900s Parker and Sheaffer’s (with and without the ‘s) are what catch my eye  most of the time. The Lady white on blue  made me gasp.

19 hours ago, Mercian said:

That’s a lovely collection 👍

But it is, surely, self-evident that it will remain ‘worryingly incomplete’ until you acquire a “51” in ‘Midnight Blue’… 😉

Appreciate the concern @Mercian and you're quite right, it is worrying. 🙂

Fortunately, I find I have a 51 Vac in Cedar Blue, which will have to put me on, till I can acquire a 'Midnight Blue'.  

spacer.png

Joining in the fun.  My blue pens below.

From left to right:

Pilot VP

Wing Sung 601

Sheaffer Snorkel

Sheaffer Tuckaway

Pilot Metropolitan

Parker 45

Parker 21

2023-02-27 08.27.14.jpeg

5 hours ago, mallymal1 said:

Appreciate the concern @Mercian and you're quite right, it is worrying. 🙂

Fortunately, I find I have a 51 Vac in Cedar Blue, which will have to put me on, till I can acquire a 'Midnight Blue'.  

spacer.png

Nice! I love that cedar blue shade, and the blue diamond clip.

2 hours ago, LBKINDY said:

Joining in the fun.  My blue pens below.

From left to right:

Pilot VP

Wing Sung 601

Sheaffer Snorkel

Sheaffer Tuckaway

Pilot Metropolitan

Parker 45

Parker 21

2023-02-27 08.27.14.jpeg

Thank you for sharing your pens! How do you like the 601? I’m considering one as I found 14k replacement nibs on AliExpress. The lil’ Tuckaway is adorable!

@mallymal1-I just noticed your True Blue! I’m in love with that Duofold- have been since it debuted. One day I’ll score one. 

On 2/25/2023 at 3:50 PM, amper said:

I'm not going to bother with a picture, since my pens are quite common, but my daily writers are a TWSBI ECO-T Blue EF for most writing, and a TWSBI ECO Transparent Blue 1.1 mm stub italic for signatures and cheque writing. Both are filled with Mrs. Stewart's Concentrated Liquid Bluing (Prussian Blue pigment ink).

Since I ended up taking a picture this morning, here's my currently inked pens:

332985992_2176633172521438_5175008261437601179_n.jpg

Paige Paigen

Gemma Seymour, Founder & Designer, Paige Paigen

Daily use pens & ink: TWSBI ECO-T EF, TWSBI ECO 1.1 mm stub italic, Mrs. Stewart's Concentrated Liquid Bluing