Blue Pen Club- Show Me Your Blue Pens!

Penguincollector

4 hours ago, 51ISH said:

Thank you for your kind words.

The Platinum (2nd from the right) even in real life is such a deep blue it's almost black at first look. It reminds me of being on / over of deep water on the ocean. The Kaigelu second in from the right is too flashy and classy all at the same time 🙂 There must be an air leak in the cap somewhere as it drys out way too quickly.  I first saw a picture of one on this website and had to have one. The seller did offer a refund but I couldn't find one anywhere so decided to keep it just because I love the colour of the brown running through the blue on the cap and couldn't see anything like it back then,  (10 years or so)

Oh, you’re so welcome! Thank you for sharing your pens. What is the name of the color of the Platinum? It sounds like a good match for Herbin’s Bleu des Profondeurs.  Have you looked into sending the Kaigelu out to get the inner cap looked at, or DIYing it?  I know I’ve come across several discussions about  dry out issues pretty recently (Says the woman who’s had a Waterman Stalwart sitting in a desk drawer for 30 years).

Top 5 of 23 currently inked pens:

Namiki Origami Tradition maki-e Penguin F, Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku

Sailor X Sakazaki Penguin Pro Gear Slim MF, Sailor Manyo Konagi

Lamy 2000 EF, Diamine Purple Bow

Platinum Hibiscus SF short-long, Platinum Green

Indigo Bronze TWSBI Eco 1.1 Stub, De Atramentis Columbia Blue-Copper 

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Penguincollector

• Misfit

• ZeroDukE

• Bo Bo Olson

It took quite awhile and some luck to find these, for sure. Who knows who owned them before? It makes you wonder…a couple are monogrammed the dark blue vac 51 the Waterman commando, and also the Sheaffer slim touchdown. That’s the one I did find an owner for but not much info

Regards, Glen

I saw that you have the boxes in your photo album, that everything is in such good condition is so neat! I find personalized pens fascinating, a little slice of history. 

6 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

Oh, you’re so welcome! Thank you for sharing your pens. What is the name of the color of the Platinum? It sounds like a good match for Herbin’s Bleu des Profondeurs.  Have you looked into sending the Kaigelu out to get the inner cap looked at, or DIYing it?  I know I’ve come across several discussions about  dry out issues pretty recently (Says the woman who’s had a Waterman Stalwart sitting in a desk drawer for 30 years).

I've not looked at sending the Kaigelu out...it would cost more than the pen is worth (I think it cost me about £10-£15) I did think about trying 'seal' it with superglue as was suggested to me on here, but I decided the risk was too high if it 'leaked ' through the 'air leak'. The pen has been inked and used. It's just not often in the 'rotation' ....she's not alone as I have a TWISBI and a Pilot, both demonstrator pens, and they are not 'regulars' either.  Strangely my cheap pens, get used more than my 'Best Pens' ....I 'blame' my parents...🤣 My apologies it's been a long time since I purchased the Platinum....it must have appeared at a good price with a seller, while I was looking at purchasing the pen....I have no idea what the colour is called. I bought my demonstrator Pilot and my Lamy L2K the same way.

50 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

I saw that you have the boxes in your photo album, that everything is in such good condition is so neat! I find personalized pens fascinating, a little slice of history. 

Sorry to say those are not original boxes,  I made reproductions of some favorites... but thank you! (did a thread on that once so the pictures)

I get pens that are in rough shape generally, (to repair so can get my hands on cooler pens!}. These blue ones were not though I think they all were in pretty good shape. 

Regards, Glen

3 hours ago, GlenV said:

Sorry to say those are not original boxes,  I made reproductions of some favorites... but thank you! (did a thread on that once so the pictures)

I get pens that are in rough shape generally, (to repair so can get my hands on cooler pens!}. These blue ones were not though I think they all were in pretty good shape. 

The fact that you made some boxes that look so good is impressive!  I never even considered it! I wish I was better at repairing pens. 

4 hours ago, 51ISH said:

Strangely my cheap pens, get used more than my 'Best Pens' ..

I also do this with more than just pens and started to change that lately. I’m determined to enjoy my nice things now. 

A834F966-B0FD-4996-AC7D-32C758D80236.thumb.jpeg.590c1aeaec1af5a57052b8a616f2ba5b.jpeg

PenBBS 487 in Ice Blue. I ordered it on Ebay thinking it was the "Clear Glass" acrylic, and was pleasantly surprised to discover a blue pen when it arrived :D

Song of the week: “Someday” (One Republic)

If your car has them, make sure to change your timing belts every 80-100,000 miles. (Or shorter if specified in the manual)

What a neat surprise! 

20230318_132502.thumb.jpg.763e4a7e7ede70e56d92350e4146ce7c.jpg

My current mainstays, the blue one is a Pilot 74 (EF) (inked with Montblanc Blue Permanent).

I have a Kaweco AL Sport Stonewashed Denim Blue, but it isn't inked. (I'm enjoying the raw aluminum version too much.)

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

3 hours ago, ethernautrix said:

20230318_132502.thumb.jpg.763e4a7e7ede70e56d92350e4146ce7c.jpg

My current mainstays, the blue one is a Pilot 74 (EF) (inked with Montblanc Blue Permanent).

I have a Kaweco AL Sport Stonewashed Denim Blue, but it isn't inked. (I'm enjoying the raw aluminum version too much.)

The Pilot is beautiful, as is the urushi pen on the left. I’m not a Kaweco Sport person, but I recently saw the Twin Nib and want it. I also loved the vibrancy of the blue/teal shades in the AL- Sport line.

On 3/13/2023 at 7:38 AM, SpecTP said:

Picked this Taccia urushi up at the Baltimore pen show..

IMG-0106.thumb.JPG.e394d730650cb2b53d2e248f3a808629.JPGIMG-0107.thumb.JPG.8776749d0fda537a8de9a9624607d379.JPG

Oh wow. A blue urushi pen is one of the items on my list for the PNW pen show. Yours is gorgeous. I tried a Taccia with a Naginata Togi nib at a pen club meeting in December and was very impressed with it. What does the texture of this pen feel like? 

8 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

Oh wow. A blue urushi pen is one of the items on my list for the PNW pen show. Yours is gorgeous. I tried a Taccia with a Naginata Togi nib at a pen club meeting in December and was very impressed with it. What does the texture of this pen feel like? 

most of the pen is quite smooth, there are parts of the cap that does have some 'texture'.

I ordered a light blue Jinhao 82. I’ll include a photo, with other blue pens that missed my first photo. This thread is making me want other color pen club thread.  

Posted Image

1 hour ago, SpecTP said:

most of the pen is quite smooth, there are parts of the cap that does have some 'texture'.

That’s really neat.  It looks like it would be textured, so the fact that it’s not is like is really interesting, like awesome visual trickery .

11 minutes ago, Misfit said:

I ordered a light blue Jinhao 82. I’ll include a photo, with other blue pens that missed my first photo. This thread is making me want other color pen club thread.  

Nice. Yes, please start a thread with another color so we can see MOAR PENS.

I was thinking red pens became I don’t think I have nearly as many in red. Though I’ve bought more since my Dad died because red was his favorite color. 

I do have yellow pens. When I was doing a mental inventory, there were more than I expected. 

Posted Image

I have to go look at my collection. Probably Stainless or black, maybe green. 

My 'kind of'  'sort of' additional 'blue pen' that's been in use today.

Have to say if you want to post the cap, this is probably one of the best pens I''ve used to be able do that due to the 'stepped barrell'

IMG_3195.thumb.jpg.127a799e95880a9e8b90fe299b46b8b3.jpg

48 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

I have to go look at my collection. Probably Stainless or black, maybe green. 

How about green next? At least in the Northern Hemisphere, it’s starting to look a bit greener outside. The grass is looking greener anyway.  I do have a green pen in the same order with the blue one. Plus a pink pen. 

Posted Image

48 minutes ago, 51ISH said:

My 'kind of'  'sort of' additional 'blue pen' that's been in use today.

Have to say if you want to post the cap, this is probably one of the best pens I''ve used to be able do that due to the 'stepped barrell'

IMG_3195.thumb.jpg.127a799e95880a9e8b90fe299b46b8b3.jpg

It’s a bonus, I would count it as blue and stainless (or flighter, depending on who you ask). 

29 minutes ago, Misfit said:

How about green next? At least in the Northern Hemisphere, it’s starting to look a bit greener outside. The grass is looking greener anyway.  I do have a green pen in the same order with the blue one. Plus a pink pen. 

Green works, it’s my next favorite.