OMAS Is Back! New Ogiva Extra Blue Saffron Celluloid 222 Limited Edition Now Available

Nibs.com

OMAS is back! After a seven year hiatus, this renowned manufacturer has resumed operations in Italy and is once again producing hand-crafted celluloid pens of remarkable beauty and outstanding writing performance.

Now in stock with us and available for immediate purchase, the new OMAS Ogiva Extra Blue Saffron Celluloid 222 Limited Edition celebrates the return of this legendary manufacturer.

Being produced in just 222 numbered pieces worldwide, each pen has been hand-assembled in Italy from legacy celluloid produced by OMAS in the 1980's. Original OMAS 18k solid gold nibs are available in your choice of Fine, Medium, or Broad. 

Each pen is $895 - demand is expected to be very strong for this beautiful writing instrument, and we strongly suggest ordering as soon as possible to avoid missing out!

WhatsApp-Image-2023-01-18-at-14.16.42-(1)-1.jpg

WhatsApp-Image-2023-01-18-at-14.16.42-(2)-1.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seney724

• XYZZY

• Nibs.com

• Christopher Godfrey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, txomsy said:

It certainly is beautiful. Out of my reach, sadly.

Exactly what I was going to say!

I have a vintage Omas 556/F Extra arriving any day now though, so I can't complain.

looking for a pen with maki-e dancing wombats

This is not the legendary Omas having reopened its doors and operations, it is The Pen Family (aka ASC)

Here is a recently released video where the CEO explains what is happening which include his mention that the pens are being manufactured by The Pen Family.

I'm amazed they still have original Omas nibs laying around. That makes this pen way more desirable to me...but the material of the body/cap doesn't really do anything for me.

Honestly, I have way too many pens. I could sell a few and afford something like this, but I'd only do such a thing for some bronze Arco material with a real original Omas nib...

The title of the video says that Emmanuel is also the owner of nibs.com--I'm assuming that he bought the business from John Mottishaw. The mailing address of nibs.com is now in Florida.

On 2/11/2023 at 10:17 AM, sirgilbert357 said:

Honestly, I have way too many pens. I could sell a few and afford something like this, but I'd only do such a thing for some bronze Arco material with a real original Omas nib...

Eric, your best bet for that is to get in touch with Sarj Minhas.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

2 hours ago, jmccarty3 said:

The title of the video says that Emmanuel is also the owner of nibs.com--I'muming that he bought the business from John Mottishaw. The mailing address of nibs.com is now in Florida.

Eric, your best bet for that is to get in touch with Sarj Minhas.

Hey Jay. I've looked into what it would cost to have a pen made in that material. I was quoted $1,500.00, and that was several years ago. That's just too rich for my humble socioeconomic status. My whole pen collection probably isn't even worth 3k, I can't imagine have $1,500.00 tied up in ONE pen. It's taken me 9 years to acquire what little I have too, LOL.

I'll stick to my hobby exit pen (M1000) as originally planned...

An alternative to this pen for me would be one of the pens that  Letizia Jacopini  (aka Iacopini) is offering on her site, TENPEN, Anima Vintage, a joint production by Ms Jacopini & Stefano Costantini, which use vintage nibs, many of which are OMAS  & are based on archival Italian designs, again one of which is the OMAS Ogiva & are hand made by Mr. Costantini.

Although this is a fairly recent collaboration I would trust Ms. Jacopini's reputation as an Italian pen Historian & Dealer of long standing for offering a product I would trust.

Just perusing her inventory of other pens for sale was a treat for me, besides exciting to see these newly introduced pens.

<...Anima Vintage, a joint production by Ms Jacopini & Stefano Costantini, which use vintage nibs...>

Yes!  You are so right, that Barking pig (and do you fly, too??)  They really do look very delicious (and pigs are reputed to eat <anything>, aren't they?)  😁

I HAVE flown but not recently; my favorite attribute about my moniker is always, "Even a blind big can occasionally find an acorn."

It has taken all my restraint not to purchase one of those pens from Ms. Jacopini; they have surely captured my attention!

Nibs.com is now part of The Pen Family.  

So many hobbies, so little time....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

On 2/20/2023 at 12:52 PM, The Duck Hunter said:

Nibs.com is now part of The Pen Family.  

Has that been officially announced anywhere?

2 hours ago, XYZZY said:

Has that been officially announced anywhere?

Oh, yes, for sure.

Here and just about everywhere else.

I think it has been more than a year now..............

ADDENDUM:

Here you go, April 2021!!

Edited by Seney724
Addendum

Just an update to our FPN friends that this pen is going fast - more than half our allocation is already gone, and the pen is likely to sell out within a matter of days.

In addition to the nibs in Fine and Medium, original OMAS 18k yellow gold nibs in Extra Fine, Double Broad, and Oblique Medium are also now available, and of course we can offer our usual selection of nib customizations. Feel free to contact us at sales@nibs.com with any questions...