Q. Jimi Hendrix Purple vs Enzo Ferrari Purple - Montblanc Great Characters Ink

ssppen

I came across this post about the launch of the new Jimi Hendrix Great Characters Ink by Montblanc. It interested me because I have been looking to buy some purple ink. I have tried inks from Pelikan, Diamine, and Pilot Iroshizuku.

When I started searching for other inks in the range, I came across the Enzo Ferrari Great characters ink, which is also purple.

I was wondering if anyone here has a sample of both inks side by side on paper? It's hard to find ink swabs on paper for these two online!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Tom Kellie

• TEGGIE

• DaveWF

When the Jimi Hendrix ink came out, I contacted one of the retailers to see how it compared to the Beatles ink from a few years ago, and was sent photos comparing it to that ink, the Enzo Ferrari ink, and IIRC the Lavender Purple (standard) ink.  And they all were just enough different from each other that I didn't mind having the Beatles ink, Lavender Purple, and the Jimi Hendrix ink.  

Still trying to decide about Enzo Ferrari....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 4 months later...

New here, but as far as I can tell the Enzo Ferrari purple looks exactly the same as lavender purple. I have both in two MB classiques with medium nibs and I can't tell the colours apart (inc. same lovely shading).  Which is great, since the lavender purple has been just about my favourite ink since I first bought some over a decade ago, but is no longer available.  The Ferrari purple might not stick around for too long either given it's a special edition.  Bit frustrating.

3 minutes ago, DaveWF said:

The Ferrari purple might not stick around for too long either given it's a special edition.  Bit frustrating.

Yeah, I know that feeling.  Kicking myself that I didn't buy a second bottle of the Jimi Hendrix ink when I had a chance -- in spite of the price tag.... :wallbash:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 5 months later...

I never considered going for purple ink in my Montblanc's, however I feel somewhat sold on it now! What great colour variations there are between the three!