Woodex 52 (Clipless) Pen

K Singh

Woodex 52 (Clipless)

Received this pen today. It's among the bigger pens in Woodex's lineup.

The pen came with a Kanwrite nib unit, threaded to be compatible with Jowo nib unit, and a Schmidt Converter. I have replaced mine with an old Jowo nib unit.

It's a beautiful pen and the finishing, as always with Woodex pens, is topnotch. Personally I prefer girthier pens and wish this one was girthier too. But that's just me. This should be a comfortable pen for most people.

Pen is priced at 2500 INR plus shipping.

Thanks to Mr.Prabhakar from Woodex for creating yet another beautiful pen 🙏

large.IMG_20230109_133335753.jpg.9d97e2fa7525187ccca8005307fcd5cd.jpg

Capped

large.IMG_20230109_133640290.jpg.4c3b7f8bda0b022b6640d70210503877.jpg

Uncapped

large.IMG_20230109_133754436.jpg.512a931627e4ad802a3fd598d4e3c99c.jpg

Left -> Right: Woodex Model 4, Model 52, Model 39, Guider Zimbo

large.IMG_20230109_133853382_HDR.jpg.30db3692acdc781b4f67b7bd6cb86c87.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• K Singh

• subbu68

• dragondazd

• OCArt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, dragondazd said:

Oh very nice. How wide is the grip?

The barrel is about 13-14mm at Max point and it tapers down to 10-11mm towards the tip of the section.

Attractive pen, is there a website?

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

8 hours ago, OCArt said:

Attractive pen, is there a website?

They don't have a website. For their other models, and their catalogue please check this earlier post on Woodex pens. You have to WhatsApp them on Mr.Narsimha's number to buy the pens. His number is given in the catalogue.

18 hours ago, K Singh said:

Woodex 52 (Clipless)

Received this pen today. It's among the bigger pens in Woodex's lineup.

The pen came with a Kanwrite nib unit, threaded to be compatible with Jowo nib unit, and a Schmidt Converter. I have replaced mine with an old Jowo nib unit.

It's a beautiful pen and the finishing, as always with Woodex pens, is topnotch. Personally I prefer girthier pens and wish this one was girthier too. But that's just me. This should be a comfortable pen for most people.

Pen is priced at 2500 INR plus shipping.

Thanks to Mr.Prabhakar from Woodex for creating yet another beautiful pen 🙏

large.IMG_20230109_133335753.jpg.9d97e2fa7525187ccca8005307fcd5cd.jpg

Capped

large.IMG_20230109_133640290.jpg.4c3b7f8bda0b022b6640d70210503877.jpg

Uncapped

large.IMG_20230109_133754436.jpg.512a931627e4ad802a3fd598d4e3c99c.jpg

Left -> Right: Woodex Model 4, Model 52, Model 39, Guider Zimbo

large.IMG_20230109_133853382_HDR.jpg.30db3692acdc781b4f67b7bd6cb86c87.jpg

wow. very useful review. Can 52 be called the clipless version of Model 2?

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

2 hours ago, hari317 said:

wow. very useful review. Can 52 be called the clipless version of Model 2?

Thank you 🙏 

Looks very similar apart from section design. Perhaps the dimensions they shared with me might help.

New model (Clip less)
Model #52 

With the JoWo threaded section with Kanwrite #6 nib unit (3 in 1 use)
Including Schmidt K5 converter
2500/- plus shipping.

Approximately Dimensions.

Capped length: 163mm
Uncapped length: 146mm
Cap dia: 16mm
Barrel dia: 14mm
Section dia: 11 mm
Nib option: Fine and medium  available.

• 9 months later...

Hi. Saw this post just now. Lovely pen. I have been purchasing smaller pens recently. My favourite currently is model 33 with a kanwrite 5.5 nib

Model 33 looks nice 👍, similar to older Deccan Author.

I am comfortable with my larger sized pens, and rarely buy or use smaller pens, unless it's a special/rare pen. 

Congratulations for the new pen. Very nice pen and the lineup too. 

The finish looks top notch for all of them. 

After a long hiatus my large pens have become "active" and now I wish I had not spent on the smaller ones. 

Wanted to get one from Guider. Having read about the scratchy nibs from them I am a bit hesitant. If buying Indian pens I want to keep everything in it Indian. An Indian body with German heart (nib and feed) - no for me.

Regards

Subramoniam

12 hours ago, subbu68 said:

Congratulations for the new pen. Very nice pen and the lineup too. 

The finish looks top notch for all of them. 

After a long hiatus my large pens have become "active" and now I wish I had not spent on the smaller ones. 

Wanted to get one from Guider. Having read about the scratchy nibs from them I am a bit hesitant. If buying Indian pens I want to keep everything in it Indian. An Indian body with German heart (nib and feed) - no for me.

Thanks. Actually the pen is no longer with me now. I keep selling the pens in my collection from time to time, so that I am left with only those pens that I actually like to use.

I am always happy with the finishing on Woodex and Guider pens, no complaints there.

Yes, the Guider stock nibs aren't that good. When I buy their eyedropper pens with Guider nibs on them, I already expect to replace them with other nibs. Apart from their nibs, everything else about their pen is good 👍 

On a related note, I got some classmate notebooks made using my pen pics from this and other posts. They turned out to be quite good.

IMG_20230826_163602493~3.jpg

1 hour ago, K Singh said:

Yes, the Guider stock nibs aren't that good. When I buy their eyedropper pens with Guider nibs on them, I already expect to replace them with other nibs. Apart from their nibs, everything else about their pen is good 👍 

Are Guider nibs so much unusable? My aim is to keep the pens as original like my Gamas or Airmails.

Getting spare nibs here in UAE is unthinkable. As I wrote many online sellers from India sell for exorbitant prices or I need to pay much more than nibs for the shipping. 

Regards

Subramoniam

26 minutes ago, subbu68 said:

Are Guider nibs so much unusable? My aim is to keep the pens as original like my Gamas or Airmails.

Getting spare nibs here in UAE is unthinkable. As I wrote many online sellers from India sell for exorbitant prices or I need to pay much more than nibs for the shipping. 

You can use them, and some may even write quite good too. But, to put it plainly, they are of poor quality compared to Kanwrite/Ambitious nibs. Their plating peels off within few years. You can tell them to send few more spare nibs if you like, they shouldn't cost much. But I just replace mine with Kanwrite nibs as they give significantly better writing experience, and they are still Indian-made 🙂

For example here is one of my Guiders with Kanwrite BBB nib. Such an excellent pen now, earlier it came with guider nib which I replaced straight away.

large.2120370251_IMG_20230423_1647470182.jpg.b36b4973f0a0be45610b5ee6e281e7dd.jpg

large.386910921_IMG_20230423_1649024412.jpg.04805511e6af8cf47a330b22630b0f74.jpg

1 hour ago, K Singh said:

You can use them, and some may even write quite good too. But, to put it plainly, they are of poor quality compared to Kanwrite/Ambitious nibs. Their plating peels off within few years. You can tell them to send few more spare nibs if you like, they shouldn't cost much. But I just replace mine with Kanwrite nibs as they give significantly better writing experience, and they are still Indian-made 🙂

For example here is one of my Guiders with Kanwrite BBB nib. Such an excellent pen now, earlier it came with guider nib which I replaced straight away.

thank you for the feedback. I have seen a couple of Guiders on an EBay shop thought not Zimbo. Selling for $50 that I thought was steep. Have contacted them. However, contacting, payment, any follow up is easier on Ebay for international customers than direct with Guider.

Yeah, Kanwrite is also Indian. so too Ambitious. I can get the nibs when I go to India. 

Peeling of plating seems quite common. GP nib on my Pelikan M200 became chrome when I wiped off the ink after filling. Ambitious nib on one of my Gamas is now steel. 

Edited by subbu68

Regards

Subramoniam

2 hours ago, subbu68 said:

thank you for the feedback. I have seen a couple of Guiders on an EBay shop thought not Zimbo. Selling for $50 that I thought was steep. However, contacting, payment, any follow up is easier on Ebay for international customers than direct with Guider.

Yeah, Kanwrite is also Indian. so too Ambitious. I can get the nibs when I go to India. 

Peeling of plating seems quite common. GP nib on my Pelikan M200 became chrome when I wiped off the ink after filling. Ambitious nib on one of my Gamas is now steel. 

Perhaps it would be a good idea to get these Guider pens too when you are in India. They usually have a good stock of pens available for sale with them.

2 hours ago, K Singh said:

Perhaps it would be a good idea to get these Guider pens too when you are in India. They usually have a good stock of pens available for sale with them.

True...

But you guys post new pen photos at regular intervals 😭😭😭

Regards

Subramoniam

1 hour ago, subbu68 said:

True...

But you guys post new pen photos at regular intervals 😭😭😭

😁😁

To be honest though, I myself have slowed down my pen purchases. I look only for specific pens these days and as such don't buy that many pens. My last purchase was 3 months ago.