• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• Misfit

• LizEF

• Astronymus

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for your kind words, it is really much appreciated!

The Error 500 messages you got on December 31 readily explains why we had to go back to the December 30 backup. I could actually access the Admin Control Panel up to and including January 1, but not January 2, so I thought I was going crazy and feared the worst indeed.

I am really glad we lost so little, that is only very good to hear.

As to the running commentary / status page: we always like to do that, because we know from experience how bad it feels if you just have to wait and sit it out and not hearing or seeing anything until it possibly starts working again. And as to the 2021 year: well that happened after the first trials with restores, where the entire site was restored, except that the database didn't work. Lost the initial statuses in our template, as that was restored to an older state as well, and totally forget to change the year when adding the dates .... 😂

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Missed y’all!

I am so glad you were able to restore the webpage Wim. Great job on the hard work. I have made a donation to help a little.

All the best for the New Year.

Cheers,

Ozzy

None of us knows how long he shall live or when his time will come. But soon all that will be left of our brief lives is the pride our children feel when they speak our names.

@wimg Thank you very much for the hard work you've put in to keep FPN a functioning part of the lives of hobbyists like us! More importantly, it's great to see you're around and well; your not having logged in since 11 December 2021, for over twelve months, according to the system before this incident has left so many of us worried and wondering what happened to you.

Happy New Year, everyone, now that the platform is back for us to connect with each other again!

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Add my sincere thanks to the pot!

It's amazing how attached I am to this forum!  I like being attached!  😃

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

Thank you wimg for all your diligent work and for untangling the snafu so quickly and graciously doing your best to explain the process as it unfolded. 

I think it’s safe to write that we all who enjoy this site are happy that it’s back up a running. 

We all get so used to having things work and forget what a complex system sits behind this fun we have. 

Stuff breaks down, entropy happens. 

Thanks again for your time and work. 

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

No, it’s not just you. Everyone in the thread I attached has said it hasn’t worked for them. Although LizEF said she was able to upload. 

Posted Image

My thanks also to wimg for all the hard work put in not just to sort the recent bit of trouble but for all the work you do during the year "backstage". We all appreciate it.

And, of course, a happy new year to all.

Yesterday is history.

Tomorrow is a mystery.

Today is a gift.

That's why it's called the present

The FPN team deserve more than a few days rest after working for three days and nights round the clock to restore the forum. ✔✔✔✔✔.

I can live happily with the remaining image upload problem for as long as it takes.

Ok, sorry for that, but it appears the database restore caused a few other issues, which are hopefully fixed now.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Wim, thank you.  I don't know if you read the poetry thread, but in the absence of FPN I realized quite how important it is to all of us.  Here's what I composed:

large.IMG_2921.jpg.00f259c5e9335969c93ca5589fec4c7d.jpg

and then when it returned I penned this...

large.IMG_2922.jpg.1f2b7f806ab3efed6a97dc92472f112d.jpg

I know I am not the only one for whom this incident showed absence makes the heart grow fonder.  Thank you for all your hard work.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

Thank you, essayfaire, you're thoughts are much appreciated, and felt!

Warm regards, WIm

the Mad Dutchman

~ @wimg:

Thank you so much for restoring the upload function.

Two images have been uploaded into threads in the Montblanc Forum without any issues.

Much appreciated!

Tom K.

May I also add my thanks for all of your hard work.  This is a very special forum.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Pleased we are all re instated.....thanks for the efforts of those involved to sort it out.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......