New Pen Day! Fountain Pen Revolution Guru

LipstickLacey

I ordered four Gurus when they were 40% off for Black Friday, & several inks. Got them today, gave them a quick wash, and inked them up. 

Each pen has some slight imperfections & scratches, but for under $5 I'm not terribly fussed. I haven't noticed any odor from the vegetal resin; given how often reviews mention it I was surprised.

I was also surprised to find I like the extra fine nib more than the medium, exactly the opposite of what I expected.

I'm sure I'll like the pens & the inks more when I try them on FP friendly paper. I hoped this notebook was, but nope. So far, I'm wondering why I bought these when my Pilot Varsity seems just as good, though more difficult to reink. 

Anyway, here's a sample of four pens & four inks, on an old unbranded notebook. Pics of the pens later! Perhaps when I swap in the architect nib I also ordered. 

20221204_054735.jpg

20221204_054658.jpg

Edited by LipstickLacey
Comment about the Varsity was accidentally cut.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jamerelbe

• LipstickLacey

• Zookie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Gurus are great pens for the price - they *do* have a tendency to let the ink evaporate if you leave them inked and unused for too long, but otherwise I really like them.  And yes, the nibs are one of their greatest selling points!

2 hours ago, Jamerelbe said:

The Gurus are great pens for the price - they *do* have a tendency to let the ink evaporate if you leave them inked and unused for too long, but otherwise I really like them.

Thanks for the note on that, it's not something I had specifically read yet! 

I've had a lot of FPR pens over the years and enjoyed most. They are, however, made in India and sold in the US.

Very nice folks to deal with and good pens for a reasonable price. Enjoy them!!

5 hours ago, Zookie said:

I've had a lot of FPR pens over the years and enjoyed most. They are, however, made in India and sold in the US.

Very nice folks to deal with and good pens for a reasonable price. Enjoy them!!

The Tanoshii pens are (I think) made in Japan or Taiwan but other than that yes, FPR's pens are Indian made - the company started when its American owner was resident in India. I highly rate some of their higher-end pens - especially the acrylics and ebonites.  One of these days I want to order their FPR-Ranga Madras, which is their latest offering - it's a very fine-looking pen, and Ranga are true artisans.