Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Parker 75 stripped section threads

eaudom

I have this sterling 75 that a prior owner pulled the barrel off rather than unscrewing it.  The plastic section threads no longer engage with the barrel.  Otherwise the pen fills and writes very well.  Can someone replace just the section?  

image.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• jmccarty3

• eaudom

• OCArt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've noticed that this is a wear point on my P75's even without mishandling. I've seen a kludgy "fix" by wrapping teflon tape around the threads--- but that's not more than a very temporary answer. I'll follow this thread in hopes of learning more!

Do remember that the items on your bucket list have an expiration date.

Replace the section. Rather common to see. 

Common sections run around 45 used and 75 new stock. 

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next great pen show is on schedule for August 27-28-29, 2021. If we all do what we need to do...you can Book your travel and tables and make SF 2021 the Return. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Thanks,  I wonder wher I could find a section, used or new.  And how to change it out.

5 hours ago, OCArt said:

I've noticed that this is a wear point on my P75's even without mishandling. I've seen a kludgy "fix" by wrapping teflon tape around the threads--- but that's not more than a very temporary answer. I'll follow this thread in hopes of learning more!

This is a very common problem with 75s. I still have my first one, given to me in '67 when I graduated from high school. The first time I replaced the section, I got one without the 0 indicator. Went looking for another with the 0 recently and couldn't find one, but did find an intact 75 with the proper section (and flat tassies) for a good price, so just bought the whole pen. In addition to the sentimental value, 75s are just great pens, and the interchangeability of the nibs is just a bonus.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.