Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Visconti Van Gogh Mini nib replacement?

mrtoml

I have resurrected my interest in fountain pens after a long hiatus. I have a Van Gogh Mini I bought several years ago and the nib is rather scratchy. I thought I could buy a replacement nib for it, but it seems that Visconti changed the design of their nib units a while ago and the nib on this is the old type (with the half moon breather hole).

I guess I am out of luck getting a replacement nib unit now?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Mark T

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrtoml

• gmax

I believe this could be replaced using a Bock nib with Bock housing type 060 #5 in polished steel. These are available from Beaufort Ink. You would lose the Visconti branding, but gain a decent steel nib 🙂

✒️ :happyberet:

Thanks for your advice.

It was with some trepidation that I dug out my loupe,  shims and micromesh and had a go at sorting the nib out myself. One tine was slightly misaligned and after fixing that and widening the nib channel a little it is now much better after a bit of a polish. I will check out those Bock nibs though.

Mark T

Glad you were able to sort it. Maybe enquire with Beaufort Ink - they could possibly confirm the fit before you go through with any order?

From memory, those smaller nibss are the same size and shape as in Kaweco Sport pens.

✒️ :happyberet:

Thank you, gmax. I will do that. I also have a Kaweco Sport so I will compare them.

Mark T