Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

2022 Dallas Pen Show, September 23-24

johntdavis

Hello, everyone!

I'm really excited for this year's Dallas show--it's going to be the first one I've been to since 2019. I can't wait to see everyone. :) I realized there didn't seem to be a thread for the event, so I decided to create one.

I'm thinking about a couple of pens that I might be interested in grabbing (mostly a couple I've been stalking since 2017 or so), but other than that, I'm mostly looking to get some repairs and tuning done.

If anyone's interested in buying a desk set, I'll have this lovely Waterman 55 desk set with super flexy nib available for sale. It's 97 years old and deserves to live somewhere that isn't a box in my closet.

I'll have it in my hotel room at the DoubleTree, so I can grab the box if anyone would like to see it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ciyf3c2OmQ7/

See y'all out there!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PAKMAN

• Ceilidh

• johntdavis

• Bristol24

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful desk pen set John! Can't wait to get to Dallas for this year's show!  Heading that way tomorrow morning from Arkansas!  Can't wait to see everyone!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

24 minutes ago, PAKMAN said:

Beautiful desk pen set John! Can't wait to get to Dallas for this year's show!  Heading that way tomorrow morning from Arkansas!  Can't wait to see everyone!

Thanks!

Safe travels to you (and everyone else on the road). :) It's exciting out there.

3 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

Heading that way tomorrow morning from Arkansas!  Can't wait to see everyone!

Looking forward to our annual chat! I've got a couple of things for Danny to look at, so I'll see you there. (Just inside the door unless someone's really shaken things up. :D)

As far as I know we will be in the same place on one side or the other of the first door.  Loading the car now!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

'Very frustrating not being able to attend and I'm only about 4 hours away with even friends to visit and a place to stay.  I'm getting it on the calendar for next time.  I hope y'all have a great time.

Cliff

“The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.”  John Adams

What a great show! I had so much fun! Biggest crowd I can remember.

PAKMAN

Yes, we were very happy to see attendance back to pre-covid levels. I think you and Danny did pretty well!

It was nice to visit with everyone and, of course, there were lots of wonderful pens and pen paraphernalia to see. I got a pen I've wanted for several years. It's always been priced over my self-imposed limit, but this year, just before the show closed on Saturday, one of the vendors was prepared to make a deal. Fortunately, helping out at the hospitality table both days kept me from getting into too much trouble.