Jump to content
Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Inkvent


dragondazd
 Share

Recommended Posts

The latest inkvent is almost upon us and I am wondering if I should get it this year. The first year, I sat on the fence until it was sold out. The second year I assumed there would be bottles so I shrugged and waited for samples. Now I am wondering if I should partake in the experience this year

 

Please tell me what your overall experience was, if you recommend it, and if you are going to buy it this year.

 

I might just spend the money on oblation's exclusive inks (the third releasing in October) or a big order at Vanness, with money to spare in either case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Sailor Kenshin

    1

  • dragondazd

    3

  • Ditzy

    1

  • Eclipse157

    1

For me this is now a tradition. I actually wouldn’t even think about not buying it.  It’s fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wait for reviews/unboxing videos first, then order samples of what catches my eye, and finally bottles of what I really like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2022 at 7:33 AM, dragondazd said:

Now I am wondering if I should partake in the experience this year

 

You already know what the experience is about. Whether you ‘should’ partake in the experience this year ’should’ be premised on how much it interests you subjectively.

 

Spending the money to acquire the Inkvent (Green Edition) Calendar product, given there aren't really any hoops through which to jump for European and US consumers to order it, is not part of the advent calendar experience, but merely a prerequisite. ;) 

 

On 9/22/2022 at 7:33 AM, dragondazd said:

Please tell me what your overall experience was, if you recommend it, and if you are going to buy it this year.

 

My wife thought it was fun last year. However, as the person who has to find 25 suitable unused pens and ink them up (for her to use, after I've tested that each pen assignment works sufficiently well), I found it became increasingly a chore to do (nominally) daily, instead of setting aside a block of time at the start and ink up 25 pens at once. I've barely used any of those pens or inks since, although I was impressed enough by the colour and shading qualities of Night Shade (from the Red Edition) to order two large bottles of only it. In contrast, I have large bottles of six or so colours from the Blue Edition, even though I didn't buy the Inkvent Calendar product in 2019. “The experience” didn't make me like the Red Edition inks more.

 

I'm definitely not buying the Green Edition product.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, A Smug Dill said:

 

My wife thought it was fun last year. However, as the person who has to find 25 suitable unused pens and ink them up (for her to use, after I've tested that each pen assignment works sufficiently well), I found it became increasingly a chore to do (nominally) daily, instead of setting aside a block of time at the start and ink up 25 pens at once. I've barely used any of those pens or inks since, although I was impressed enough by the colour and shading qualities of Night Shade (from the Red Edition) to order two large bottles of only it. In contrast, I have large bottles of six or so colours from the Blue Edition, even though I didn't buy the Inkvent Calendar product in 2019. “The experience” didn't make me like the Red Edition inks more.

Oh man... I would NOT be able to do a bottle a day. This is a good point, thanks for that. My usage would have to be different from the advent schedule.

 

I guess it is telling that I didn't buy the red when it had been available for a long time. If all the inkvents were available, I would buy the blue edition today and skip the red and green until I find out more about the green. 

 

I am now leaning towards skipping the green edition and buying piecemeal from vanness, which I learned about too late with the red edition, missing out on some little bottles and going with samples. I can buy a lot of samples and full bottles for $115.

 

if they have a stormy grey edition in the future featuring super shady inks, I'm all in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm happy to watch the daily unveiling on the Inkdependence Youtube channel. I get the daily suspense without actually owning more ink bottles, of which I have a plentiful sufficiency already. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I enjoy Inkvent so much that in 2020, when there was none (pandemic year), I refilled the Blue edition with my own ink mixtures.  It gave me something fun to do while the children opened their chocolate calendars.

 

I agree that having to prepare by cleaning pens can be a big job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did the red last year. Thought I wouldnt do an ink a day, but enjoyed it at the end of each day before I went to bed. Not many I felt I'd buy bottles of, but still really enjoyed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share








×
×
  • Create New...