Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

International Duofold Oblique Nib

Pen Nut

Not an expensive one and  a well rated seller, damn nice bloke as well :-)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275453806433

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kalessin

• Pen Nut

• bunnspecial

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a red marble Centennial with an 89 nib(broad oblique). It's a treat to use.

With that said, I'll admit to not knowing Internationals nearly as well, but is the banner nib correct for this age pen? My red marble(and blue marble, with a medium italic) have arrow nibs, and I though those were correct for all of the Mk 1 "marble pattern" Duofolds.

Not really my field but I believe the pen to be correct for the era.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

• 2 weeks later...

This generation of Duofold International with the flat top came from the factory with a plain arrow nib, without the banner. The banner nib was created for the Mk 2 streamlined model.   All modern Duofold nibs and feeds will fit all modern Duofold pens of the same size.

This pen also has the early clip (first year or few years of the modern Duofolds) with the engraved arrow.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

The knowledge is certainly on this forum !     Thanks for your input   😊

You're welcome!

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)