Endless Creative Block

essayfaire

I received an advertising email from Endless today, promoting a new product called the "Creative Block"; it's a memo pad with dot matrix and is fountain pen friendly.  It looks like a good product.

I am curious if others reaction to the ad is the same as mine - I feel patronized at being told how to use a memo pad.  It irks me.

Thoughts? Maybe I should set it up as a poll.  Here's the copy: image.thumb.jpeg.67af1ce64098f256cc7de2e8e551cefc.jpeg

Am I just being a curmudgeon? 

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• dragondazd

• OregonJim

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe. I think these uses are novel. 

The only use listed I would have put a post-it of this size is a to-do list. The other uses would have never occured to me. Seriously, who tests ink on a memo pad? It illustrates the quality they are advertising.

I'd definitely give this a try if I can add it to an order I was going to make anyway.

Wait a minute... This is not a sticky note?

Ok you are right and further I don't even have a use for this product.

🙄

Ehhh, it's just advertising.  If I had gotten an ad like that I'd be rolling my eyes and making a mental note to shop elsewhere....  Especially since stuff like shopping and to do lists for me?  Those get written any sort of scrap paper lying around....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: And when I'm done with them?  They go in the bag for paper recycling anyway.  And when the bag is pretty full?  Goes to the recycling bin by the elementary school partway across town -- or, if I also have a bunch of cardboard and old boxes, to the big recycling bins outside Construction Junction in the city.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I don't feel so negative about it.

In fact since I'd been also mailed about their new paper, I thought it would be a nice way to try it. Better than in a much bigger & more expensive notebook. So, I've ordered a few. I will use them any way I want. I look forward to using this paper that I've heard good things about here on FPN.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• 1 month later...

The product name itself is a turn off for me.  "Creative Block"?  Is that like Writer's Block, only more expansive?  If I buy one, will I suddenly not know what to do with it?

On 10/26/2022 at 3:38 PM, OregonJim said:

The product name itself is a turn off for me.  "Creative Block"?  Is that like Writer's Block, only more expansive?  If I buy one, will I suddenly not know what to do with it?

I was thinking much along the same lines just now, because I forgot I'd seen and posted to this thread before.... :headsmack:

In my defense I only got about four hours sleep and yesterday was very annoying and stressful, and so was the late morning (dealing with, in succession, a hotel chain and their HORRIBLE customer service -- I was on hold on the phone for an HOUR AND A HALF before I got a person on the line; then problems with some email sent to my gmail account that I thought was spam, and had to talk to someone in a chat window at Apple Support about it (during which time I had to reset the password for my AppleID TWO DAYS after having JUST reset it and it kludged -- then had to have a senior advisor call me back late this morning to reset it AGAIN. During which I discovered that in fact the spam was NOT spam, but that I had forgotten that the gmail account was the backup if there was a problem :headsmack:, but that the kludge was that things were INCREDIBLY badly worded on the reset popup so I was using the AppleID password when I SHOULD have been using the one to unlock my laptop....  But I was ALSO having problems with the phone call because the connection was bad -- there was a serious delay at times between what I said and what the advisor said, and at times I could hear what *I* said as an echo....  He claimed that it had to be at my end, so I had to contact my carrier.  But I said that the ONLY time I have this problem on the house line is with Apple Support -- which is why I had (now) with him, TWENTY-SEVEN callbacks in the past five weeks or so from them!  So he said there was nothing that he could do if it WAS at Apple's end, and gave me the address and phone # for their corporate headquarters.  And after I got off the phone it occurred to me that I ALSO have had the problem occasionally when my brother tries to call me using his internet connection instead of his PHONE line.... :angry:

And then I had to run to the post office and what turned out to be TWO grocery stores, because one of the things I needed was NOT at the big one by me, but at a smaller one the next town over in a different direction....  And ran up two orders at the first one because something didn't ring up as being on sale, and the kid sent to check the price went TWICE (fortunately close to where the checkout lines are) and I forgot to add the cucumbers to the first bill....  But waited for the guy behind me to finish up because he was only getting a couple of bottles of soda before running the second receipt.

Now?  I'm a complete wreck....  Got home around 3 PM from the second grocery store....

So at some point I have to get up the energy to call Apple's NON toll free #, and at a time when I'm likely to get someone 3 time zones away....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

On 10/27/2022 at 2:05 PM, inkstainedruth said:

I was thinking much along the same lines just now, because I forgot I'd seen and posted to this thread before.... :headsmack:

In my defense I only got about four hours sleep and yesterday was very annoying and stressful, and so was the late morning (dealing with, in succession, a hotel chain and their HORRIBLE customer service -- I was on hold on the phone for an HOUR AND A HALF before I got a person on the line; then problems with some email sent to my gmail account that I thought was spam, and had to talk to someone in a chat window at Apple Support about it (during which time I had to reset the password for my AppleID TWO DAYS after having JUST reset it and it kludged -- then had to have a senior advisor call me back late this morning to reset it AGAIN. During which I discovered that in fact the spam was NOT spam, but that I had forgotten that the gmail account was the backup if there was a problem :headsmack:, but that the kludge was that things were INCREDIBLY badly worded on the reset popup so I was using the AppleID password when I SHOULD have been using the one to unlock my laptop....  But I was ALSO having problems with the phone call because the connection was bad -- there was a serious delay at times between what I said and what the advisor said, and at times I could hear what *I* said as an echo....  He claimed that it had to be at my end, so I had to contact my carrier.  But I said that the ONLY time I have this problem on the house line is with Apple Support -- which is why I had (now) with him, TWENTY-SEVEN callbacks in the past five weeks or so from them!  So he said there was nothing that he could do if it WAS at Apple's end, and gave me the address and phone # for their corporate headquarters.  And after I got off the phone it occurred to me that I ALSO have had the problem occasionally when my brother tries to call me using his internet connection instead of his PHONE line.... :angry:

And then I had to run to the post office and what turned out to be TWO grocery stores, because one of the things I needed was NOT at the big one by me, but at a smaller one the next town over in a different direction....  And ran up two orders at the first one because something didn't ring up as being on sale, and the kid sent to check the price went TWICE (fortunately close to where the checkout lines are) and I forgot to add the cucumbers to the first bill....  But waited for the guy behind me to finish up because he was only getting a couple of bottles of soda before running the second receipt.

Now?  I'm a complete wreck....  Got home around 3 PM from the second grocery store....

So at some point I have to get up the energy to call Apple's NON toll free #, and at a time when I'm likely to get someone 3 time zones away....

At exactly the same time all this was happening to you, my wife and I decided to switch cell phone carriers (after 30 years!) from Verizon to T-Mobile.  That entailed getting 2 new phones, wanting to keep our old numbers, and transferring all our data from both Android and Apple devices over to the new (non-Apple) ones - and of course severing our ties with Verizon.  I have NEVER been able to make the slightest change to anything from Verizon without major hiccups before - but today went off without a single hitch.  Verizon is now history, T-Mobile is set up with a much better plan at a much lower price, and we were back home in an hour.

All this to say don't fret - some days are like that, and some aren't.