Website Woes

Uncial

So I've contacted them yet again, but I suspect that - as with all previous contact on this subject - I will only get the silent treatment.

The Irish  MB website has always been poor. I know the website is generally a complete dumpster fire, but it's especially bad for Ireland. New releases show up on it after they are long gone or not at all. Inks sometimes appear months after release and sometimes never. Currently the Irish portal has all of these problems, but they've made it even better (meaning unbelievably, epically worse) by removing all - and yes I  do mean all - notebooks and stationary.  Ireland has one authorised MB outlet and to say it excels at being s*** would be the kindest and nicest thing I could say about it. I have never used it as it's reputation is well known and even a glance jnto it will tell you it's not the place to buy with confidence. That means the website is the only option.  

Agggghhhhh 😲

Sorry....just had to get that out of my system, but it would be interesting to know if it is only ireland that gets this 'special' web treatment from MB.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uncial

• arcfide

• Cyrille81

Unfortunately, I've had nothing but trouble with the US and Singaporean versions of the Montblanc website as well, so I can't say that I appreciate their new approach to content management. It feels to me more like a clearing house page than the site of a luxury, "elevated" brand. 

Yes the notebook are also removed from Belgium and French website too. The ink of Grimm is classified in the cartridge section of the site. I advertised the MB person I had several times related to my Grimm 1812 and all issues related to it before mid-July about misclassification of the ink and the issue is still not yet resolved... it's clearly not a level of excellence you would expect from a brand like Montblanc!

On 8/15/2022 at 5:14 AM, arcfide said:

t feels to me more like a clearing house page

That's certainly how it feels.

There's been no change since I noticed it and stationary now only has desk accessories and pen pouches. Even searching the website through their own search bar won't bring up notebooks. I wonder have they decided to phase them out?

• 1 month later...

They've finally admitted that there is in fact a problem with their website (both EU and international portals) and emailed me this week to say the issue should be resolved by the end of October 

19 hours ago, Uncial said:

They've finally admitted that there is in fact a problem with their website (both EU and international portals) and emailed me this week to say the issue should be resolved by the end of October 

Well, hey, that's better than nothing. At least we know that they don't intend for things to be quite this bad.