New Al-Star and re-release Safari for 2022? Rumors.

Astronymus

I'll cite GoldenBear from penechange.de. There are rumors for two new releases. Plus neon ink? Could be fake though.

The Pen Addict podcast talked about two upcoming Lamy releases/re-releases. According to the podcast/reddit in August/September:

AL-star:

file.php?id=119945

Safari re-release:

file.php?id=119946

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astronymus

• taimdala

• inkstainedruth

• Misfit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man oh man.  You mean, I could have waited a year and a half and NOT gotten a used French Blue Safari with bite marks on the end of the barrel?  :headsmack:

Well, at least (if this *is* the case) I'm REALLY glad I didn't drop a bunch of money on a NOS one on the Bay of Evil....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

21 hours ago, Astronymus said:

I'll cite GoldenBear from penechange.de. There are rumors for two new releases. Plus neon ink? Could be fake though.

Who's this mysterious GoldenBear anyway 👻

10 hours ago, GoldenBear said:

Who's this mysterious GoldenBear anyway 👻

One of those people spreading rumors all over the place. 😉

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the local Dick Blick store in Pittsburgh earlier today and saw that they carry some Lamy pens -- Safaris and maybe al-Stars, but I think also basic models of the 2000 and IIRC the Aion. 

Had a nice chat with the girl behind the counter about which colors of Safaris and al-Stars I have (they still have Violet -- which I have -- and Mango and the Cream one -- which I don't want) and some of the standard colors like blue.  The girl said that she remembered not ever being able to get one of the Dark Lilac Safaris (which was the first color I ever bought).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 3 weeks later...

As long as it is something interesting, wacky would be good.  :D

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• 3 weeks later...

Confirmed: Lamy AL-star 2022 SE Glossy Red

https://appelboom.com/de/lamy-al-star-2022-se-glossy-red-fuellfederhalter/

Set consists of:

• The Lamy Safari ALStar Glossy Red, equipped with a transparent orange feed, et in a transparent section, so you can see the ink as it flows to your nib.
  • An additional nib section with a dark ink feed, for use with dark inks, so they won’t stain the transparent feed.
  • A matching softcover notebook.
  • A fill of Lamy Mango ink.

Please note that dark inks (black, blue, green) may stain the transparent feed. The transparent feed is best used in combination with inks matching the colour palette of the Glossy Red. We highly recommend switching to the nib section with the dark feed when using darker or contrasting ink colours.

8 hours ago, Astronymus said:

Confirmed: Lamy AL-star 2022 SE Glossy Red

https://appelboom.com/de/lamy-al-star-2022-se-glossy-red-fuellfederhalter/

Set consists of:

• The Lamy Safari ALStar Glossy Red, equipped with a transparent orange feed, et in a transparent section, so you can see the ink as it flows to your nib.
  • An additional nib section with a dark ink feed, for use with dark inks, so they won’t stain the transparent feed.
  • A matching softcover notebook.
  • A fill of Lamy Mango ink.

Please note that dark inks (black, blue, green) may stain the transparent feed. The transparent feed is best used in combination with inks matching the colour palette of the Glossy Red. We highly recommend switching to the nib section with the dark feed when using darker or contrasting ink colours.

Got the promo email from Appelboom on this pen and really liked the pen and package. BUT, there is no way I am paying $65.00+ for this pen.

Guess I will wait until after the Commonwealth Pen Show, in 2 weeks, and look again.

Will they be offering a reddish ink with a yellow sheen too?

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Thank you for the information. I have the special edition Ruby red Al-Star, so I think I’ll not be buying the Al-Star that this thread is about.  

Posted Image

I get a page lost or page loading error from that Appleboom DE link. Anyone know if the Boston store will have these packages? 

Found this with some random clicking: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch7gNp6rG4w/

Edited by bogiesan
Web threw up additional information

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

The Ruby Red gift sets preorders sold out at Appleboom immediately. They do not anticipate getting any more. . 

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.