Kaweco Liliput - Brass F

Tim M

This tiny pen arrived the other day and I'm very excited by it. Just big enough to use and tiny enough to disappear in my pocket. Inked with Sailor Sei-Boku it behaves well and the fine nib has plenty of feedback but it's still smooth enough to enjoy.

Kaweco has excellent build quality with great fit and finish.

Overall very glad to own it.

KL1.jpg

KL3.jpg

KL4.jpg

KL6.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim M

• TheDutchGuy

• Giulio64

• agaric

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations, @Tim M!

This pen is beautiful and highly functional. May it serve you well over many years!

Looking forward to how it aged in a year from now. 😋

One life!

37 minutes ago, InesF said:

Congratulations, @Tim M!

This pen is beautiful and highly functional. May it serve you well over many years!

Looking forward to how it aged in a year from now. 😋

Thank you Ines. I can't wait to see how it looks with some patina and the polish only a pocket can give.

Nice photography! Enjoy the pen, I’m sure it will serve you well. A word of caution: it can (and will) slip out of your pocket if you sit down…

8 hours ago, TheDutchGuy said:

Nice photography! Enjoy the pen, I’m sure it will serve you well. A word of caution: it can (and will) slip out of your pocket if you sit down…

Thankyou, my missus took the pics, she's got an eye for sure.

nd thanks for the heads up. I've been carrying it in the little fob pocket at the top of my right pocket, I did find it in my main pocket at one stage though so it probably escaped already only to get trapped again...

I'm really enjoying owning it. 

Hi Tim, just a curiosity from my part: I own 2 Liliputs (one Copper and one Green MY 2022). Both are equipped with F nib and original Kaweco cartridìges - brown and green. I experienced for both a problem during the first period of use (first and second cartridge) consisting in scarce flow and a few jumps of the line when writing quickly. Now the situation is going better, definitively solved for the Copper (used since about 6 months) in progress for the Green (just one cartridge empted). Did you occour similar problems?

Thank you for answering and compliments for your photos!

All the best from Italy. G. 

2 hours ago, Giulio64 said:

...during the first period of use (first and second cartridge) consisting in scarce flow and a few jumps of the line when writing quickly. Now the situation is going better...

This is not uncommon with Kaweco. In fact it’s not uncommon with many new fountain pens but especially so with Kaweco. It usually gets better over time. Using a wet ink may help.

On 7/9/2022 at 9:39 AM, Giulio64 said:

Hi Tim, just a curiosity from my part: I own 2 Liliputs (one Copper and one Green MY 2022). Both are equipped with F nib and original Kaweco cartridìges - brown and green. I experienced for both a problem during the first period of use (first and second cartridge) consisting in scarce flow and a few jumps of the line when writing quickly. Now the situation is going better, definitively solved for the Copper (used since about 6 months) in progress for the Green (just one cartridge empted). Did you occour similar problems?

I had similar issues. Just writing made the issue go away.

On 7/10/2022 at 2:39 AM, Giulio64 said:

Hello Giulio,

Sorry for my late reply, it has been a very busy time.

Firstly, thank you for your compliments on the photos.

I can report that I have had no such issues with my Liliput. It is a very easy pen to use. I have it inked with Sailor Sei-Boku ink, I never used the black cartridge which came with the pen, I emptied it and inked it straight up with Sei-Boku. Now, Sei-Boku was a difficult ink in my other fountain pen, a Parker 45 DeLuxe, it would always have really hard starts, then once it got going it was too wet. I'd have to dry pages for ages before turning them, it was a pain. On the flip side, my 45 is amazing with Pelikan Edelstein Garnet in it, always starts and always writes beautifully. Whilst I have no experience with the Kaweco Inks, and cannot give an account of how they'd go in my pen, I can only suggest you try some others and see if it helps. Failing that, have the pens serviced and tuned by a professional. Best of luck.

Regards from Australia,

Tim

KL9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

On impulse I bought an aluminium Lilliput with F nib.

large.492DAA45-5BF4-4B06-934E-5215AACF45DC.jpeg.992b7a5d145b0bb2b6c7e30238d2fb0f.jpeg

This thing is fun! The pen wrote straight away and perfectly well when I popped in a cartridge of Kaweco Midnight Blue. Kaweco’s nibs aren’t very consistent and my F could have ranged from an EF to a fat M. What I got is closer to EF than F and by luck is pretty much exactly in my sweet spot. Also, the grind of Kaweco’s steel nibs tends to show somewhat thinner sidestrokes compared to the downstrokes. It’s subtle, but it’s there and it adds some character and playfulness to the writing. The aluminium version weight nothing and is probably the lightest of all my pens except possibly a Preppy. And the brushed aluminium isn’t slippery at all. The pen is slim, but I like that and it fits my hand well. This little pen is a hoot, very enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 5:16 AM, TheDutchGuy said:

On impulse I bought an aluminium Lilliput with F nib.

This thing is fun! ...

That's so awesome! Thanks for sharing the cool photo.

I've really been enjoying mine. I hardly know it's in my pocket and it's proving to be a reliable work horse. 

I keep eyeing off a Supra and a gold nib for it. ;)

Nice photos! Love this pen.

On 7/9/2022 at 6:39 PM, Giulio64 said:

consisting in scarce flow and a few jumps of the line when writing quickly

I had this problem too on an EF (which was supposed to replace another EF that wrote okay but too faintly). I got fed up and tried on a small Faber-Castell (Ambition) nib. Writes like a dream now. But can't remember if I switched just the nib or the feed as well.

On 8/18/2022 at 4:20 AM, TheDutchGuy said:

Supras are quite heavy. I had a brass one but gave it to a friend. Nice pens if you can handle the weight.

I would use it with the middle section removed and the cap posted. It would be nice if they had an alloy or titanium model though.

On 8/23/2022 at 6:30 AM, agaric said:

Nice photos! Love this pen.

I had this problem too on an EF (which was supposed to replace another EF that wrote okay but too faintly). I got fed up and tried on a small Faber-Castell (Ambition) nib. Writes like a dream now. But can't remember if I switched just the nib or the feed as well.

That's an interesting thought. Thanks.

Lovely pics, I find it to be a great EDC. OTOH, I tend to keep misplacing/finding mine.

A fine unobtrusive pen IMO.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.