New (and first) TWSBI

CRASHtheGREY

I have been wanting to dive into TWSBI for awhile, and when I saw the new TWSBI Eco in limited Yellow Demonstrator, I had to jump on it. I got the EF nib as per my usual, and this thing writes as smooth as glass. Almost too smooth, I like a little tactile feedback from most of my nibs, but I am happy I jumped in. This is great, currently inked with Heart of Darkness from Noodler's because I thought the black and yellow contrast looked nice.

20220617_072300.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CRASHtheGREY

• Aysedasi

• jchch1950

• Misfit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The TWSBI Eco is a very good way to the whole line of TWSBI pens. If not abuse it can give you many years of writing and it comes with the necessary instructions  for maintenance. Enjoy your new pen.

3 hours ago, jchch1950 said:

The TWSBI Eco is a very good way to the whole line of TWSBI pens. If not abuse it can give you many years of writing and it comes with the necessary instructions  for maintenance. Enjoy your new pen.

Thank you!

Thank you for the photo. I have several Eco pens. Can’t help but like some of the colors they come out in, although my first Eco was the black ends version, then the white ends version. 

I hope you enjoy the pen. 

Posted Image

I have an ECO EF, in white.  Really a nice writer; stays inked up for absolutely ages without any problems.  At present it contains Diamine Raw Sienna, but I might swap for Monboddo’s Hat and put the Raw Sienna in my Moonman T1.

Anyway, enjoy your new Demonstrator!

22 hours ago, Peter_H said:

I have an ECO EF, in white.  Really a nice writer; stays inked up for absolutely ages without any problems.  At present it contains Diamine Raw Sienna, but I might swap for Monboddo’s Hat and put the Raw Sienna in my Moonman T1.

Anyway, enjoy your new Demonstrator!

I was looking at how well it sealed and had a feeling. the fill mechanism doesn't want to move if the cap is on. I thought that would be beneficial for keeping the ink from being an issue.

Congratulations on the new pen and thanks for giving your thoughts! I haven't tried the Eco yet, but I love the swipe which is also 'smooth as glass.' Looks like I've got another pen to add to the list. 

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done"  Ludwig Wittgenstein

"It is impossible to design something that is foolproof because fools are so ingenious." - Groucho Marx

8 hours ago, Rebbe said:

Congratulations on the new pen and thanks for giving your thoughts! I haven't tried the Eco yet, but I love the swipe which is also 'smooth as glass.' Looks like I've got another pen to add to the list. 

I'll be getting my wife a Swipe. She hates screw caps and likes converters. So I'm glad to hear you like it. 

Eco the above congratulations with new pen. TWSBI are great pens especially with shimmer inks

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

On 6/19/2022 at 9:13 AM, CRASHtheGREY said:

I was looking at how well it sealed and had a feeling. the fill mechanism doesn't want to move if the cap is on. I thought that would be beneficial for keeping the ink from being an issue.

Mine too - The plunger pressurizes the cap. Very complete seal.

9 hours ago, Amontillado said:

Mine too - The plunger pressurizes the cap. Very complete seal.

Yeah, that honestly impressed me. It has been writing super for me, too.

7 hours ago, mallymal1 said:

The black and yellow looks great!

Glad you're enjoying your first TWSBI.

Thanks! Love the color combination.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Welcome to the club! I have seven ECOs, now, and I'm about to order an eighth. My one criticism of them is that, other than the clear, black, and white, all the colors are limited editions, so if you see a color you like, you have to jump on it immediately, before it sells out. Some sell out very quickly, others linger for months, but there's no way to know which way the wind will blow with every new release. I regret missing out on the solid yellow that was released right after the pandemic lockdown hit.

And I am still waiting for a basic red and a basic green.

Paige Paigen

Gemma Seymour, Founder & Designer, Paige Paigen

Daily use pens & ink: TWSBI ECO-T EF, TWSBI ECO 1.1 mm stub italic, Mrs. Stewart's Concentrated Liquid Bluing

• 1 month later...

Wonderful pens! How is that yellow doing, now? I'll bet really well. I accidentally got addicted to TWSBI with my first purchase and now I can't stop looking at them. They write splendiferously and write each and every time.