Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

New (and first) TWSBI

CRASHtheGREY

I have been wanting to dive into TWSBI for awhile, and when I saw the new TWSBI Eco in limited Yellow Demonstrator, I had to jump on it. I got the EF nib as per my usual, and this thing writes as smooth as glass. Almost too smooth, I like a little tactile feedback from most of my nibs, but I am happy I jumped in. This is great, currently inked with Heart of Darkness from Noodler's because I thought the black and yellow contrast looked nice.

20220617_072300.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aysedasi

• jchch1950

• Misfit

• CRASHtheGREY

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The TWSBI Eco is a very good way to the whole line of TWSBI pens. If not abuse it can give you many years of writing and it comes with the necessary instructions  for maintenance. Enjoy your new pen.

3 hours ago, jchch1950 said:

The TWSBI Eco is a very good way to the whole line of TWSBI pens. If not abuse it can give you many years of writing and it comes with the necessary instructions  for maintenance. Enjoy your new pen.

Thank you!

Thank you for the photo. I have several Eco pens. Can’t help but like some of the colors they come out in, although my first Eco was the black ends version, then the white ends version. 

I hope you enjoy the pen. 

Posted Image

I have an ECO EF, in white.  Really a nice writer; stays inked up for absolutely ages without any problems.  At present it contains Diamine Raw Sienna, but I might swap for Monboddo’s Hat and put the Raw Sienna in my Moonman T1.

Anyway, enjoy your new Demonstrator!

22 hours ago, Peter_H said:

I have an ECO EF, in white.  Really a nice writer; stays inked up for absolutely ages without any problems.  At present it contains Diamine Raw Sienna, but I might swap for Monboddo’s Hat and put the Raw Sienna in my Moonman T1.

Anyway, enjoy your new Demonstrator!

I was looking at how well it sealed and had a feeling. the fill mechanism doesn't want to move if the cap is on. I thought that would be beneficial for keeping the ink from being an issue.

Congratulations on the new pen and thanks for giving your thoughts! I haven't tried the Eco yet, but I love the swipe which is also 'smooth as glass.' Looks like I've got another pen to add to the list. 

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done"  Ludwig Wittgenstein.

flying-letter-exc.png

Congratulations with you new pen, the eco is a solid choice 

"Crafting a novel on cotton rag paper with an antique fountain pen is a sensuously rebellious act against modernity." – Khang Kijarro Nguyen

8 hours ago, Rebbe said:

Congratulations on the new pen and thanks for giving your thoughts! I haven't tried the Eco yet, but I love the swipe which is also 'smooth as glass.' Looks like I've got another pen to add to the list. 

I'll be getting my wife a Swipe. She hates screw caps and likes converters. So I'm glad to hear you like it.