Howdy from SEK

CupAJoe

Howdy,

I live in SE Kansas and I've been carrying FP's since I bought my first Jinhao x750 in 2016.  My current pens I'm carrying are my Noodler's Konrad with a Noodler's flex nib I customized into a 1.6mm stub.  It'll flex into a nice 2.9mm line width with my Noodler's Operation Overlord Ink.  I also have a Noodler's Charlie with Heart of Darkness, and a Hero 616 with Montverde Malibu Blue.  I had and gave away a Hero 729 that I really liked this last weekend and I'm looking to replace it, but I'm wondering about getting a Vacuum filler. 

My toddler likes to grab my pens out of my pocket and chew or throw my pens across the room before I can grab them out of their hands, so you won't find me buying any expensive pens.  this is my third child and they've burned through 2 Konrads, 2 nib creapers, and my Jinhao x750 (maybe some others I'm not recalling at the moment).  the Hero Pens are my goto now for letting kids use as they are cheap, have hooded nibs so they don't get ink on their hands and are push cap.  My current Konrad nib and feed are the result of my nephew dropping the pen on the nib and bending it.  I nipped it off above the bend and smoothed it out and have created my very favorite writing instrument ever!  the nib feed combo is going to find a new host soon as I've already had to glue together the finial on the Konrad and it's pockmarked with various teeth marks. 

I feel like I'm a collector of various filling systems more than anything else so I feel like a vacuum filler is the next one I need.   I've watched and read reviews on the Penbbs 268, 456 Wingsun 3013 and others and I think I'd like to try a 268.  my question for any of you that have one, is can I put my Noodler's Konrad nib and feed into it? I mostly created this account here to get an answer to this question, so if you know the answer thanks in advance for your help and if not, maybe let me know the best part of the forum to post my question.

My humble regards,

CupAJoe

20220524_075238.jpg

20220517_140057.jpg

20220429_142156.jpg

Edited by CupAJoe
re-organized thoughts for clarity

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CupAJoe

• amberleadavis

• LizEF

• mizgeorge

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to FPN, @CupAJoe! :)   Glad you've joined us.  Sorry, can't answer the question, though I can recommend that adding a paragraph break or two in there might make it more likely for folks to spot the question. :D  While there are a few forums where your question might be relevant, the best fit seems to me like Fountain & Dip Pens - First Stop.

4 minutes ago, LizEF said:

Welcome to FPN, @CupAJoe! :)   Glad you've joined us.  Sorry, can't answer the question, though I can recommend that adding a paragraph break or two in there might make it more likely for folks to spot the question. :D  While there are a few forums where your question might be relevant, the best fit seems to me like Fountain & Dip Pens - First Stop.

Thanks! I reorganized my thoughts :D

Edited by CupAJoe

Howdy and welcome from Texas!

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done"  Ludwig Wittgenstein

"It is impossible to design something that is foolproof because fools are so ingenious." - Groucho Marx

10 minutes ago, Rebbe said:

Howdy and welcome from Texas!

Thanks!  I got my Engineering Degree in TX.

4 hours ago, CupAJoe said:

Thanks! I reorganized my thoughts :D

:) Much easier read now, thank you!

large.InkySeas.jpg.9e55d2f1eb4ae5d24f29c5b9459aa60d.jpg

Toddlers will out grow throwing pens.  :)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

16 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

Hello CupAJoe, and welcome :)

46 minutes ago, Wahl said:

:W2FPN:

Thank you both!

14 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

large.InkySeas.jpg.9e55d2f1eb4ae5d24f29c5b9459aa60d.jpg

Toddlers will out grow throwing pens.  :)

They do, I just keep making more of them...

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! So glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

7 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! So glad to have you as a member!!

7 hours ago, Recursion said:

:W2FPN:

Thank you!

On 6/11/2022 at 9:03 AM, CupAJoe said:

They do, I just keep making more of them...

Oh dear.  Well, pen makers keep making more pens.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

19 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

Oh dear.  Well, pen makers keep making more pens.

Which is great, because my kids will need their own once they grow out of breaking mine :D

9 hours ago, CupAJoe said:

Which is great, because my kids will need their own once they grow out of breaking mine :D

Exactly!  I have three kids. The oldest uses pens so that we have something to talk about and she goes to pen shows with me.  My youngest never uses fountain pens, but admires my demonstrators and will ooh and ahh at the appropriate times.  My middle child - who neither reads nor writes in cursive, actively uses pens and chooses a new ink color each time.

12 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

Exactly!  I have three kids. The oldest uses pens so that we have something to talk about and she goes to pen shows with me.  My youngest never uses fountain pens, but admires my demonstrators and will ooh and ahh at the appropriate times.  My middle child - who neither reads nor writes in cursive, actively uses pens and chooses a new ink color each time.

Love it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail