What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today ?

Mech-for-i

@OCArtI'm so glad! This is the conundrum that @jchch1950 mentioned, the color combinations are almost endless! I was just thinking a demonstrator barrel would also be cool if they ever make one :)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Mech-for-i

• Penguincollector

• afishhunter

Jinhao 100 “cotton candy”  inked with J. Herbin Gris Nuage. 

Top 5 of 23 currently inked pens:

Namiki Origami Tradition maki-e Penguin F, Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku

Sailor X Sakazaki Penguin Pro Gear Slim MF, Sailor Manyo Konagi

Lamy 2000 EF, Diamine Purple Bow

Platinum Hibiscus SF short-long, Platinum Green

Indigo Bronze TWSBI Eco 1.1 Stub, De Atramentis Columbia Blue-Copper 

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

3 hours ago, shane27 said:

@OCArtI'm so glad! This is the conundrum that @jchch1950 mentioned, the color combinations are almost endless! I was just thinking a demonstrator barrel would also be cool if they ever make one :)

Yes, I've grown quite fond of the X159 and also think a demonstrator would be very fun.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

One of my favorite pens to write with, my JinHao 51A.  It only had one problem.  If I stopped writing for a minute, it wouldn't restart without a wipe on a tissue.  Today I looked closely at the nib and could see some constriction in the slot near the tip.  I removed the nib and ran a shim through it and  problem solved.

spacer.png

I've posted on a couple of other threads with no success. Anyone recognise this Chinese pen and where I could find another or a new nib?  (It's a Chinese Dolce-Vita Naranja) but I don't remember the manufacturer and I can't seem to find any for sale. As you can probably see the nibs been damaged. 🙁  It was probably my 'most inked' pen and could be used for anything on any paper.

IMG_3142.JPG

It's my 'Old Faithful' again for me today.. my Bejing Jinxing 28. It had been sat for a while, (my newly reclaimed Parker 25 seems to be getting my attention lately) so it needed a little bit of coaxing back to life...

Edit: Nope, forget that, it was out of ink...that's the problem with pens that hold quite a bit of ink...you never expect them to run out 🤣🤣🤣

She's normally loaded with Aurora Black....but I'm feeling a bit of a rebel, so I'd like to see if we can get some nice shading with Pelikan Blue/Black on the next fill. Or maybe even Diamine Chocolate Brown 😮 👍

index.jpg

1 hour ago, 51ISH said:

I've posted on a couple of other threads with no success. Anyone recognise this Chinese pen and where I could find another or a new nib?  (It's a Chinese Dolce-Vita Naranja) but I don't remember the manufacturer and I can't seem to find any for sale. As you can probably see the nibs been damaged. 🙁  It was probably my 'most inked' pen and could be used for anything on any paper.

It's most likely a #5 nib easily obtainable from any of the online or BM pen shops.

1 hour ago, OCArt said:

It's most likely a #5 nib easily obtainable from any of the online or BM pen shops.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, from what I've seen here I was thinking it was probably a #5 To be honest I was kind of hoping I could get this very same nib / pen maybe I just dropped on a 'good one' but I just wrote with this thing like it was a pencil or a ballpoint....even I think it sounds stupid at this price point...but it was exactly what I wanted in a note taking FP....

@51ISH I know you loved your oen for more than the color but do look at the Jinhao 100, they are very nice pens.

large.1016226084_Screenshot2023-03-04at11_25_33PM.png.c6e8beec71810f6cc94086a53dcaa5ac.png

6 hours ago, OCArt said:

@51ISH I know you loved your oen for more than the color but do look at the Jinhao 100, they are very nice pens.

large.1016226084_Screenshot2023-03-04at11_25_33PM.png.c6e8beec71810f6cc94086a53dcaa5ac.png

Thank you for bringing this pen to my attention. I'll take a look.

• 1 month later...

Probably a very bad thing to do, but I took one of these (in a rather violent purple, but with the same horrendous embossed image):

large.hero-paidi.jpg.74094f3093350e4ed196558bae22a73d.jpg

And turned it into this:

large.hero-paidi-1.jpg.a0dee01d2a8a7d6ba65bd99fdf8ac6bd.jpglarge.hero-paidi-2.jpg.611a69807f09859fc4528688b8c87d13.jpg

And now I rather like it. 

Jinhao X159 - Black/gold - F. nib.  Ink:  Dryden Designs Unforgiving Black

Majohn F2/F1 0 Yellow/Black - .4 EF nib.  Ink:  Diamine Sherwood Green

WIN_20230421_21_47_32_Pro.jpg

Majohn P136 - F. nib.  Ink:  Blue food coloring mixed with veg. glycerine for lubrication.

WIN_20230424_16_59_24_Pro.jpg

Majohn C1  .....

Only now I need a Majohn P136 now it seems 'everyone'  is talking about them....🙂

Jinhao 82 - F. nib.   Ink:  Dryden Designs Unforgiving Black

WIN_20230430_21_21_52_Pro.jpg

An aqua Jinhao 82, inked with Laban Aphrodite Pink - marked as an M, writes like a western F, and the Lamy 2000-alike Jinhao 80 Fibre F, inked with Platinum Citrus Black. I actually prefer this to the Lamy as I don't like hooded nibs, and it only cost £2.28 from AliExpress :) 

Hongdian 100 Piston - F. nib.  Ink:  Diamine Sherwood Green

Picture 1 of 7

Majohn A2 - Purple - 0.4 nib.  Ink:  Chesterfield Antique Yankee

Picture 18 of 20