essayfaire

Not sure if I should be posting these in multiple places, as this also falls under the Impulsive 'Purchases thread, the CRVs, and the Big Pens thread.  Plus the ink colors.  If anyone wants me to add to those, I will.

I blame this purchase on @amberleadavis!  The only thing I don't like is that the feed has an odd smell; I hope it goes away.  It's clearly the feed and not the body.

pic 1large.IMG_1557.JPG.1220d5871c0f9c728c9660f5a4114144.JPG

pic 2large.IMG_1558.JPG.8923b323de2eb9ab365090aa1a449bf7.JPG

pic 3large.IMG_1559.JPG.c208265704deb84c2464abe15a5224c2.JPG

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• essayfaire

• amberleadavis

• Anne-Sophie

• mhphoto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 3 months later...

really want to love Osprey’s offerings but all three of mine leak where the converter screws into the section. And it’s not just the cheap model. I have a black Scholar, a Nikko ebonite Milano, and an acrylic Milano. All three have the same issue. Aside from the leaks (which really honestly only relegates them to my desk and not my shirt pocket), they’re wonderful pens. The Nikko hard rubber Milano is one of the most beautiful in my collection of 250+ pens. 

One thing I have zero complaints about is their customer service. And their nibs are awesome too. 

image.jpg

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Thank you for the pictures. Bummer about the leaks. Have they fixed that problem? My cheapo Madisons are flawless.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Mine doesn't leak, but still smells.  Trying to decide whether to contact them again. Other than the smell I love the Madison.

Festina lente

• 4 months later...
On 9/8/2022 at 11:59 AM, essayfaire said:

Mine doesn't leak, but still smells.  Trying to decide whether to contact them again. Other than the smell I love the Madison.

Could you tell me more about the size of the Madison?

What kind of smell is that, heavy plastic smell, like new shower curtains?

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

3 hours ago, Anne-Sophie said:

Could you tell me more about the size of the Madison?

What kind of smell is that, heavy plastic smell, like new shower curtains?

It is similar in size to my Narwhal Schuylkill.

No, that isn't the smell.  It sounds odd, but it smells more like long-in-the-tooth grated Parmesan cheese, perhaps sitting on a tomato sauce base.  It doesn't smell like vinyl.

Festina lente

5 hours ago, essayfaire said:

It is similar in size to my Narwhal Schuylkill.

No, that isn't the smell.  It sounds odd, but it smells more like long-in-the-tooth grated Parmesan cheese, perhaps sitting on a tomato sauce base.  It doesn't smell like vinyl.

Weird, I mean the smell, parmesan? Could it be burn smell, that is generated if they turn the pen/section too fast on the lathe?

I don't have any Narwhal, do you have any Lamy? 

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

@Anne-Sophie the smell is the ebonite feed.  The Madison is a similar size to a Sheaffer No nonsense.

@Anne-SophieIt's bigger than a Lamy All Star(both length and girth).  And I think I know what burn smell you mean; that's not this smell.

Festina lente

On 1/24/2023 at 12:00 AM, amberleadavis said:

@Anne-Sophie the smell is the ebonite feed.  The Madison is a similar size to a Sheaffer No nonsense.

Thank you Amberlea, another point in its favor.

Speaking of point, I am utterly  clueless on how to order a regular round steel nib, from them, while inside the pen and one extra?  

Also, is it possible to get a plastic , not ebonite feed unit?

4 hours ago, Anne-Sophie said:

Thank you Amberlea, another point in its favor.

Speaking of point, I am utterly  clueless on how to order a regular round steel nib, from them, while inside the pen and one extra?  

Send them an email on their contact link.  I think their ordering is confusing.

16 hours ago, Anne-Sophie said:

@essayfaire may be able to answer that question.

2 hours ago, essayfaire said:

It is not...yet.

Did you end up trying another feed?

18 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

Did you end up trying another feed?

I'm waiting for them to tell me the new ones are available.  Should be soon.

Festina lente