Guider Zimbo in bluish ebonite.

Harish N V

15 hours ago, IlikeInksandIcannotlie said:

I find Pilot ink to be very good for the price (the normal blue/ blue-black/ black inks, not Iroshizuku), nice lubrication and flow. Perhaps you could try that.

Sure. I know one place that sells these plain pilot inks. I have also found them to have nice lubrication. Thanks for the suggestion and I will add it to my collection

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harish N V

• K Singh

• mhguda

• amberleadavis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a Guider Capsul with the Guider material. I really like this pen.

large.PXL_20210424_020456311.jpg.5bb1969

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

spacer.png

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

7 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

Here is a Guider Capsul with the Guider material. I really like this pen.

large.PXL_20210424_020456311.jpg.5bb1969

Yes. This cracked Ice is fantastic. Also it's a lovely size too. 

7 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

spacer.png

Great swirls on three of these pens and lovely grip section on the orange. Thanks for sharing these pictures. 

I have a similar Capsul as the cracked ice - from the same group buy - only mine has flat ends. In my batch were three more; one the size of the cracked ice, in another material, and with rounded ends; and two more heftier ones, made from the material we chose. All four are great pens, and a wonderful addition to my Guider collection.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

12 hours ago, mhguda said:

I have a similar Capsul as the cracked ice - from the same group buy - only mine has flat ends. In my batch were three more; one the size of the cracked ice, in another material, and with rounded ends; and two more heftier ones, made from the material we chose. All four are great pens, and a wonderful addition to my Guider collection.

That's nice. Does guider do group buys? I will be interested

Amberlea (@amberleadavis) organized this. I think with the help of @mehandirattaI remember it did take a lot of coordination, and was not easy.

10 hours ago, Harish N V said:

Oh ok. I thought it was a frequent event

No, but that shouldn't deter you from trying! Most participants in the group buy are outside of India - I think that is a massive challenge for Guider. You, being in India, may have much more success setting one up.

In fact, now that I think about it, there was one earlier Guider group buy, organized by FPN member Mesu (she seems no longer on the forum though). Because I bought Indian pens from her regularly, I participated in that one. They designed a pen for us, it is called Onyx. I ended up buying five. They are wonderful pens.

In fact I found some info for you. I think she was in Kerala - no idea about now...

@mhguda

I had tried contacting Mesu last year or so with regards to some old Kim pens as she used to sell those too earlier, but didn't hear back. I think I emailed her too. So perhaps she has left the FP related activity for good.

Though Guiders don't announce any group buys, like you said, someone can take initiative on their behalf. I have seen 2-3 group buys from them this year on the Indian fountain pen Facebook group. I don't think the prices are discounted or such, but the good thing is the pens are ready for dispatch, and easier to order in my opinion. I remember a group buy for Guider mini Zimbo which is otherwise not that common to see.

3 hours ago, mhguda said:

No, but that shouldn't deter you from trying! Most participants in the group buy are outside of India - I think that is a massive challenge for Guider. You, being in India, may have much more success setting one up.

In fact, now that I think about it, there was one earlier Guider group buy, organized by FPN member Mesu (she seems no longer on the forum though). Because I bought Indian pens from her regularly, I participated in that one. They designed a pen for us, it is called Onyx. I ended up buying five. They are wonderful pens.

In fact I found some info for you. I think she was in Kerala - no idea about now...

Oh. This idea never crossed my mind. Let me consider this option a little tentatively. Iam somewhat free in summer when my school does not run. But at other times iam quite busy. So i will consider this slowly and also thanks for this suggestion. 

1 hour ago, K Singh said:

@mhguda

I had tried contacting Mesu last year or so with regards to some old Kim pens as she used to sell those too earlier, but didn't hear back. I think I emailed her too. So perhaps she has left the FP related activity for good.

Though Guiders don't announce any group buys, like you said, someone can take initiative on their behalf. I have seen 2-3 group buys from them this year on the Indian fountain pen Facebook group. I don't think the prices are discounted or such, but the good thing is the pens are ready for dispatch, and easier to order in my opinion. I remember a group buy for Guider mini Zimbo which is otherwise not that common to see.

Should talk more to Mr laxman rao on group buys. Will catch up with him sometime. 

@K Singh- I am afraid you must be right. As often as Mesu and I were in touch in the past, she has completely dropped out, and has not responded to any efforts of mine to contact her - I have since given up. That sometimes is the way life goes...

I do hope one of you may pick up this idea of Guider group buys, and if at all possible, make it available here, too. Once the mail situation from India normalizes, I'd be inclined to do another group buy, and would love another Guider.

9 hours ago, mhguda said:

@K Singh- I am afraid you must be right. As often as Mesu and I were in touch in the past, she has completely dropped out, and has not responded to any efforts of mine to contact her - I have since given up. That sometimes is the way life goes...

I do hope one of you may pick up this idea of Guider group buys, and if at all possible, make it available here, too. Once the mail situation from India normalizes, I'd be inclined to do another group buy, and would love another Guider.

Yes, many oldtimers are no longer active. So often while I am looking for old Indian ebonite pens, I come across old threads filled with so much useful info. Without such threads on FPN, I wouldn't even know about these pens 🙂

The best person to conduct these group buys would be someone who can connect with them locally or speak their language fluently. Although Mr.Laxmanrao from guider is very pleasant to interact with, it becomes difficult at times to communicate to him what exactly do you want. He always has many pens in stock, so you can directly email them and ask about it. Don't know if they are shipping internationally these days or not.

I know from the Ranga group buy offers that they are still working with courier services for international customers, and so for the time being I've bowed out - had some very unpleasant experiences with both Fedex and DHL.

When they used the regular Indian mail service, it took a little longer, but it was never unpleasant and usually went very well.

• 2 weeks later...

Please , could Anyone say where i can buy a guider super zimbo in blue ebonite ? It seems that Mr Lakshama from guider pens is making  it only in the zimbo type ( which issmaller ).

• 3 months later...

The Guider Zimbo is my go to pen and have two.  I find it most comfortable. I get them from Fountain Pen Revolution with their flex nibs and ebonite feeds.

Guider zimbo is a good pen, but in my case I was not happy with the stock nib. The schmidt nib unit update does justice to the pen and makes the pen a nice writer. I have a custom zimbo with a shorter barrel, with schmidt nib.

19 minutes ago, Savit said:

Guider zimbo is a good pen, but in my case I was not happy with the stock nib. The schmidt nib unit update does justice to the pen and makes the pen a nice writer. I have a custom zimbo with a shorter barrel, with schmidt nib.

Their stock nibs can be hit or miss. Honestly when I buy a Guider with stock nib, I expect to change its nib later. But then I get lazy and just use them as it is 😁 Their pens are excellent though and I love them all.